shape
carat
color
clarity

my BF's best friend has a big mouth...

mjertl

Shiny_Rock
My BF told me he has a proposal all planned out, he just needs a ring. He wants the proposal to be a surprise, but said it will be "soon." Well, 2 drinks into the evening last night, his best friend told me he knows what he's going to do for a ring. That has me super excited, but also very nervous - I have not given him explicit enough instructions yet!
I spent the evening tonight printing out pictures, and writing on them what I do and don't like about each ring, to give to him (and also to his best friend, since apparently she's going shopping with him. She wouldn't tell me when, but said I should hurry with those "explicit instructions"...) I told her my BF couldn't possibly have a ring plan, since I know he likes to research major purchases, and he doesn't have a computer at home (I know, crazy - he actually reads BOOKS!), so how could he be researching diamonds?! She just smiled and said "he has a computer at work..." We are going camping starting next weekend, but I don't think he could possibly get something by then, especially since I have big hands...
EEK!

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Oh, so exciting!! But, a bit annoying that the friend spilled the beans!

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Very exciting! Is it possible that he is buying a stone and having it put in a temporary setting to propose with that? And then he will let you choose a setting afterwards? Maybe he used one of your rings to size it? Does he know your ring size? do you know your exact ring size?

My guy attempted to pick out a ring himself and after showing me a few things online he freaked out that I wouldn't like it and ended up bringing me to the jeweler. Maybe he will do something like that or maybe his best friend is helping to pick it?

You are smart to print pictures of what you like. Try not to freak out too much! Worst comes to worst, you can return it or have it reset!

mjertl

Shiny_Rock
I wasn't annoyed that she said something. I MAY have been prodding her for information, just a little bit... I already knew a proposal is coming, and she didn't give up any details about when or how. Plus, I know my BF wants it to be a surprise, and I do too, so I've got to keep myself from trying to sabotage that due to my inherent curiosity and excitement!
I don't think he'll just pick a diamond, I think he'll get the whole ring. We went looking together a couple times, and he knows my size. In fact, I have a sneaking suspicion I know which ring he'll get me... There was one ring in particular I really loved when we went looking. I'll post pictures. It wasn't exactly what I pictured in my head as what I wanted, but in person it is so gorgeous, and it's gorgeous on, and it's a little unique but still simple and classic. I sometimes pull up pictures of it online just to look at it, because it is so beautiful...

mjertl

Shiny_Rock
well, apparently I'm not smart enough to figure out how to post pictures, and I don't have time right this second to read about it, but here are the URL links...
http://studiojewelerswi.com/Featured%20Artists/Stephen%20Vincent/files/page16-1031-full.html
http://studiojewelerswi.com/Featured%20Artists/Stephen%20Vincent/files/page16-1032-full.html

You can see fingerprints on the band in the pictures, so they should've polished it up before the photo op, but whatever...

I also really love rings along these lines:
http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/home/ring-details/?product_id=5365

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here's hoping he gets those notes in time!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results