shape
carat
color
clarity

My Best Friend''s Book Comes Out Tomorrow!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Hey guys.

One of my best friends in the entire world is a published author...and her first book comes out tomorrow. We''ve been friends since 1992 and I''m so very proud of her...and I thought I''d put the word out here too. (all my non PS friends are slightly sick of my talking about the book).

Her name is Michelle Wildgen and the book is called "You''re Not You."

It is a fabulous book. There is a review of it in this months O Magazine where they call Michelle "astonshingly gifted." She was the People Magazine Critic''s Choice.

It is a tough book to describe...it is about a young college student who becomes a care giver for ALS...and about a bunch of other things too. It is an awesome book...and so yeah.

PS - if this breaks any rules, feel free to delete it...I''m just really excited for my friend!

Melissa

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
well technically it does, but for the book let's make an exception.
35.gif
34.gif

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you!!!!

I promise, I have no other friends that are authors and I won''t do it again...I''m just so excited for her!

Thank you!!!
34.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/29/2006 9:07:50 PM
Author:littlelysser
Hey guys.

One of my best friends in the entire world is a published author...and her first book comes out tomorrow. We''ve been friends since 1992 and I''m so very proud of her...and I thought I''d put the word out here too. (all my non PS friends are slightly sick of my talking about the book).

Her name is Michelle Wildgen and the book is called ''You''re Not You.''

It is a fabulous book. There is a review of it in this months O Magazine where they call Michelle ''astonshingly gifted.'' She was the People Magazine Critic''s Choice.

It is a tough book to describe...it is about a young college student who becomes a care giver for ALS...and about a bunch of other things too. It is an awesome book...and so yeah.

PS - if this breaks any rules, feel free to delete it...I''m just really excited for my friend!

Melissa
Melissa,
I look forward to buying your friend''s book. She sounds like a very gifted author. The content is of interest to me because I lost one of my bestest guy friends to ALS 4 years ago. He died at the age of 41 leaving behind a beautiful wife and 2 amazing sons. I''m sure Michelle will be well on her way to being a best selling author. I can tell from your post just how proud of her you are. I will buy it this week. Thanks for giving us the heads up on this book and to PS for allowing this thread. Lisa

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Kaleigh - Thank you!

I really am over the moon for her. She''s so gifted and has worked so hard...We lived in the same city for two semesters in college, and she has remained one of my best friends for the past 15 years. She got her MFA from Sarah Lawrence a few years back and to her credit, she''s really tried to live her dream of becoming a writer...

And now she is a published author!

Yay!

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the book. I read it a few years back and I thought it was great...I can''t wait to go to a bookstore tomorrow and buy it!

Melissa

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats to your friend, Lil..I wrote down her name and the title for the next time I go to the bookstore. I wish her the best! Thanks for letting us know about the release.
36.gif
35.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG, that is your best friend???? I read the People Magazine review of that book recently and was very intrigued....I had added it to my Amazon wishlist. I think it takes a very deep and sensitive person to write a book on a topic as heart-wrenching and complex as caregiving. Kudos to her!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lysser -- I just gotta ask. Does your friend have first-hand experience with caregiving? How did she decide to write on that topic?

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Kristy - That is her! I'm glad you were intrigued before I started pimping the book. I'm doing everything I can for her...I'm just so happy for her...hehee.

The book began as a story she wrote in grad school and she felt that she needed to flush it out further...and it became the novel.

She worked for a woman with ALS in more of an administrative role, correspondence and that sort of thing, and her experience with that kind of got her started thinking about the issues associated with a disease like ALS. One of her friends worked as a care giver for a fantastic woman with ALS and those two experiences sort of planted the seeds for the book.

It is a great great book and I am just so excited for her.

Of course, because she is a new author and it is a first book, NONE of the bookstores around me have it in stock.

I am so annoyed!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I ordered my copy today. They didn''t have it in yet. I''ll have mine in a couple days.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
what fab news lysser...i''m sure amazon will have it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results