shape
carat
color
clarity

My beautiful dog has died!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so so sorry for your loss. It must be comforting to know he was lying next to you at the end. He wanted you near him. Sending you big hugs.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry for your loss it's always devastating when we lose a much loved family member, I hope you are O.K, is the cat O.K? I've observed my pets (cats and dogs) grieving much the same way we humans do when they lose their companion even when they were mortal enemies.

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
Oh no - I’m so sorry for your loss! It sounds like you were the best doggy mom for him and I’m sure he adored every minute with you. I hope your many memories help you during this time.

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so sorry for your loss. Sending you strength and peace in this difficult time.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so sorry for your loss. It’s so hard to lose a beloved pet but I’m glad he had the best life with you.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so sorry. It hurts so bad when they go.

PearCraze

Rough_Rock
This broke my heart :cry2:; all we can do is love them for their short little lives and sounds like you gave him a fun and adventurous life. Wishing you some peace!

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
I am so sorry for your loss. But take comfort in knowing that he only knew love and had a great life with you.

Girlfriday17

Shiny_Rock
I’m so sorry for your loss. It have felt it all too keenly myself recently losing my beloved girl so I feel your pain. You were there for his last moments loving him and it’s sounds like he had the best life with you. They give us so much and it makes us better people having had them in our lives.

Last edited:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry for your loss it's always devastating when we lose a much loved family member, I hope you are O.K, is the cat O.K? I've observed my pets (cats and dogs) grieving much the same way we humans do when they lose their companion even when they were mortal enemies.

Thanks for the kind words.

The cat was a bit subdued soon after he died. I believe she knew his death was imminent judging by the way she went and nuzzled him that morning when he was lying on the floor.

She appears to be fine now, thanks for asking.

DK :))

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry for your loss @dk168
It sounds like your doggy had a wonderful and full life, and passed without too much suffering. Even so, it is always difficult to lose a pet, they are family too!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I’m sorry for your loss. But it sounds like he had wonderful long life, went without much pain and most importantly was with his loved ones in his last moments - all great things and I hope that gives you some comfort amidst the sadness.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone for your kind words and thoughts.

Yesterday was tough at times, however it was good to be out and about.

I felt much better after making a compilation of photos of him on camping trips plus a few of my favourites photo of him, so that I could have it framed and displayed inside my campervan.

He will always be with me on camping trips.

Still work in progress as I forgot to include a few, however this is how it looked in the van last night.

20210513_222210.jpg

This made me cry @dk168 He was a loved boy..It’s a beautiful memory photo quilt...He had the best mom..

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry for your loss. Your love for him is so clear in your writing. You gave him an amazing life, and I am confident he felt loved and happy. Wishing you peace and comfort.

Thanks for the kind words.

The cat was a bit subdued soon after he died. I believe she knew his death was imminent judging by the way she went and nuzzled him that morning when he was lying on the floor.

She appears to be fine now, thanks for asking.

An animal's capacity for empathy never ceases to amaze me. I'm glad to hear your cat seems to be feeling a bit better now. How are you holding up?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
An animal's capacity for empathy never ceases to amaze me. I'm glad to hear your cat seems to be feeling a bit better now. How are you holding up?

I am better now after the first day on the first camping trip without him.

I am likely to get another dog soon, as he has left a big void behind. He would not want me to he sad, and would gladly see me with another dog soon to accompany me on camping trips etc...

DK :cry2:

Papillion

Rough_Rock
I lost my Papillion four years ago, and she lived to be 19. I found that getting my wonderful new dog (a very noisy but comical Norwich terrier) really helped with the grief. So sorry for your loss. It does take awhile for the grief to lessen, but when you're ready for a new dog, they do brighten your life so much.

I am likely to get another dog soon, as he has left a big void behind. He would not want me to he sad, and would gladly see me with another dog soon to accompany me on camping trips etc...

Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better now too. And I totally get wanted a new dog sooner rather than later. When we lost our previous doggo, our house just felt so quiet and empty. I missed the clicking of nails on hardwood and the squeaking from our fur baby whenever someone came home. I don't think we waited even 6 months before we got our current dog.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I'm very sorry for your loss. I understand completely what its like to lose a beloved furry family member.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

The first camping trip without him is nearly over, yay!

Still miss him terribly, however, onwards and upwards.

Wish me luck in finding another dog soon please, thanks in advance.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry for your loss. We lost our Ruby this winter after 13 years. It's really hard. In the fall I had to put my wonderful cat down after he developed a fatal disease and treatment didn't help anymore. At the point where he couldn't walk, that was it. If I'm being perfectly honest, I'm still sad about it.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good news, I have been approved to foster a Romanian rescue puppy arriving in UK next Friday, with the aim to adopt.

Hopefully, the cat will accept him into her turf, and I hope she will as I believe she is missing the dog in her own little ways.

Wish me luck!

A well-chewed toy is now hanging up in the garden where I can see it from my kitchen window - I just did not have the heart to throw it away!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I still have things that were Tinky's and i couldn't bare to shift Tibby's cushion even thought im so sad looking at it

best wishes for your foster DK
Do you think he / she will understand English ?

rustysunshine

Rough_Rock
I'm late to this thread, but quite happy to see that your heart is beginning to heal. Some people can't fathom adopting another pet so soon after a loss, but opening your heart to another new family member can be a wonderful way to honor the beloved ones that have come before. My husband and I ended up bringing a new kitten home from the county shelter less than two weeks after the sudden and devastating loss of a younger cat, last summer. We had discussed the idea, had waffled on it, were unsure...but we haven't regretted adopting the little shark for even one moment. We needed him as much as he needed us. Thank you for giving a rescue pet a chance! May you experience new joys, and continue to smile at the memories you carry with you :)

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I still have things that were Tinky's and i couldn't bare to shift Tibby's cushion even thought im so sad looking at it

best wishes for your foster DK
Do you think he / she will understand English ?

I hope so as he is only 5 months old, and the 7 most common commands are either a single word or a very short phrase.

Wish me luck!

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock

The first camping trip without him is nearly over, yay!

Still miss him terribly, however, onwards and upwards.

Wish me luck in finding another dog soon please, thanks in advance.

What breed of dog are you thinking of getting? Will you be getting a puppy or an older dog?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What breed of dog are you thinking of getting? Will you be getting a puppy or an older dog?

The dog I have reserved is a puppy.

He was found as a stray huddled up with his littermates in a street corner - it would be anyone's guess his exact breed and age.

From the single photo I have seen of him, he looks like he definitely has some terrier genes in him, and he should be about 5 months by the time he arrives on Friday 28 May 2021.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I‘ve been absent lately and I missed your original post. I’m sorry for the loss of your sweet boy. He clearly led a wonderful life with you and those memories will be cherished forever. We’ve lost a few pets over the last few years (isn’t age a b*tch). I thought your picture collage was the perfect tribute. This past December, I ordered Christmas tree ornaments with my fur babies pictures. A way to honor them and a way for me to continue celebrating Christmas with them every year.

I’m so happy to hear that your opening your heart up to a new furry family member. They need us even more than we need them...and that’s a LOT! I’d love to see a picture of him.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results