shape
carat
color
clarity

My beautiful dog has died!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I’m so sorry for your loss...he looked like he had a great life with a wonderful mommy that loved him dearly and took him everywhere ❤️. Take care of yourself dk168!

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
I am so sorry for your loss.

Beagles

Shiny_Rock
So sorry for the loss of your precious puppy.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no! I’m so sorry for your sudden loss but what a blessing you were with him and he didn’t have a long period of being unwell.

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
Oh no. I am so so sorry for your loss.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry for your loss. Nothing I say will make you feel better but please know that my thoughts are with you.

I've always admired your love and devotion to him. He had a wonderful life with you.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So so sorry to hear this! I know how hard it is to lose a beloved pet. He was clearly loved and sounds like he really loved his family too.

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so sorry, DK. We never have enough time with them, and it never gets easier. Just remember all the happy times, and hug your sweet kitty close.

Bluemuse

Shiny_Rock
So very sorry,dk! So hard to loose a beloved family member and loyal companion.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my god I’m sobbing! I’m so sorry the loss of your beloved boy. I wish they lived longer, it’s so hard to lose them!

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
So sorry about your loss DK. He must have been comforted knowing you were there with him

Cristallo

Shiny_Rock
Such a sweet and beautiful dog. So sorry for your loss. Loosing a fur baby is as hard as loosing a close family member. I still think about my beloved dog everyday. Sending you lots of virtual hugs.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry for your loss, it sounds like he had a wonderful life and was very loved!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm really sorry, DK. I'm very sad for you. Your doggie looks lovely. :cry:

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
It was very sudden, good job I was with him when it happened, and the cat too, so he was surround by those who loved him, and he did not die alone.

Only took him to the vets a couple of days ago on Monday as he was behaving strangely, not himself at all.

The test results revealed his heart, lung, liver and kidneys were all fine, and concluded he was suffering from old age, and started him on 2 medications that evening, one for his joints and one for cognitive behaviours.

He ate well since then, we had a good walk, and I thought he was turning a corner this evening.

However, while I was having dinner with him lying next to me, he started to whine a little. Just when I have finished eating, he let out two very loud and unusual cries, took a few deep breaths, and was gone.

I would like to believe he did not suffer.

He would have been 14 next month, which is old for a Border Terrier with an average lifespan of 12 to 15y.

I knew I was on borrowed time when I took him to the vets on Monday, I just wish I could have had a little bit longer with him. He was supposed to come with me on a camping trip this Saturday!

Here are a couple of pics I took when we went camping in April 2021, and I am glad he was able to go to the beach and visited the forest next to our favourite camp site one last time before he died as he loved them both.

So long my dearest boy, you had been a very good boy and looked after your mum since your dad died back in 2008. Run free to join him across the other side of the rainbow bridge, Jess the cat and I will join you one day. Be a good boy and look after your dad - the two of you can smile at Jess and I from above from time to time.

Both of you will forever have a place in my heart.

DK :cry2:

Awww, my heart goes out to you, @dk168 Our beloved furry friends leave far too soon. You were indeed fortunate to have him in your life for 14 years. It sounds like your sweet Border Terrier had an incredibly wonderful life with you.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel your pain. Soo sorry.

adlgel

Shiny_Rock
I’m so very sorry. The heartbreak is so real when a beloved pet is lost. I’m thankful he didn’t suffer and you were with him at the end. I lost my cat two months ago and still miss her terribly. They leave such a void in our lives when they leave us but they give us so much love and joy while they are here.

Q

Queenie60

I am so sorry to hear about your dog. Always difficult to lose a fur baby. May he rest in peace. Take care and god bless.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
That sweet boy, he's close still.
Always.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How sad @dk168, I’m so sorry. It sounds like you had a wonderful life together and the end was peaceful.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DK, I am so sorry for your loss. I am sure he felt very loved. Your pictures are precious! As awful as it is to say goodbye, I am glad that his final moments were peaceful with those he loved.

Redwoods-hiker-girl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, @dk168, my heart goes out to you. I know the searing pain of losing a beloved pet — I remember it all too well. I'm sending you much comfort and peace for this evening and during the difficult days ahead, and I'm certainly hugging my dog a little closer right now. Take gentle care of yourself.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm really sorry. What a sad loss.

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Oh dear @dk168, that is really achingly sad news. I can only echo what everyone else has said. It really does sound like he had the most glorious life with you and that at least he was at home surrounded by his loved ones... and perhaps a bit of food! It certainly sounds like he went fast and it also sounds like there was absolutely nothing you could have done differently. Sending a big virtual hug your way!

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh, I'm so sorry about your baby! You were a good momma to him and I'm positive he felt your love always. Hugs to you.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I'm so sorry for your loss. :(

737liz

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry DK. You being with him, at home, was probably the best possible circumstance for this sad event.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so very sorry @dk168, it doesn’t matter how long they’re with us, it’s never enough. Having lost my beautiful Dottie not that long ago, I do think it’s better that your little dog didn’t suffer a long illness and you were able to be with him and he was at home when it happened.

They leave a huge hole in our hearts and lives, but hang on to the fact he had a happy long life with you and he knew he was loved until his final breath.

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
Such sad news dk, my heart goes out to you at this sorrowful time. Your pup will meet you at the Rainbow Bridge & you will all be reunited again Xx

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results