shape
carat
color
clarity

My Bachelorette Party is Tonight!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I''m so excited! FSIL and I are doing a joint party for her 21st which was this past Sunday and my bachelorette party! We have a party bus coming to get us and the other party goers. I seriously cannot wait for tonight, but I''m a bit worried since I really haven''t drank more than 3 glasses of wine (and I was definitely feeling it) in one sitting since I left college over 2 years ago!

Any suggestions on how to have a good time, but not drink myself into a stupor? I''m really bad about saying no to more drinks once I''m already drunk and I don''t think that anyone is going to be sober enough to tell me "you''ve had enough" since no one has to drive anywhere...

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
Aww! Have a blast tonight! One tip I always use if I end up drinking too much on those oh-so-fun nights - DON''T ignore those late night munchie cravings! Eating before ending the night will help out the next morning! Trust me!
36.gif

Have a great time tonight!
35.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Drink a glass/bottle of water between each drink, that''ll slow your pace and keep you hydrated. Have a blast!

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Robbie,
Ahhh,,, that sounds like so much fun!

Not that I have any firsthand experience ;-) , but from what I recall
- drink lots of water today, and especially right before you go to bed- take 2 tylenol before bed
- if possible, alternate your drinks with water or even a club soda with lime. The club soda even ''looks'' like a drink so you won''t get grief for not drinking- if your friends are anything like mine used to be back in our party days
- agree with pp about eating- a greasy breakfast meal used to do wonders- toast,homefries, etc. If not before bed, then definitely tomorrow

if you have a headache tomorrow, try oj and/or excedrin with regular coca cola

but i think your best bet is to try and alternate drinks- you want to be able to enjoy yourself and still feel ok tomorrow

have a blast!!!

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
lots a water ;-)

HAVE SO MUCH FUN and make sure you have trusted photographer friend to capture all the gory and magical moments
36.gif

LauraLoo

Rough_Rock
I LOVE bachelorette parties! You''ll have a great time! Can''t wait to see pics!

BTW, a tip I recently heard...
Especially females, should avoid mixing alcohol and acetaminophen.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the tips everyone! I''ll definitely be bringing my camera and hopefully there will be some shots ok to post here, but who knows what my FSILs have planned
2.gif

LauraLoo, is it ok to take acetaminophen the day after?

LauraLoo

Rough_Rock
This website has some interesting tips... Prevent a Hangover

It also says not to take acetaminophen for 24 hours after drinking.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Woohooooo...party time!!!

Have a great time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We will be waiting for your crazy pictures!
9.gif

M~

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the link LauraLoo! Who knew that mixing energy drinks and alcohol could be fatal?! We used to make drinks w/ red bull and amp in college!
6.gif

Thanks Mandarine!

julie_b

Rough_Rock
hey, I don''t post on here often, but just thought I would put my two cents in on this one. We actually just talked about this in a pharmocology class I''m taking, and he repeated over and over (at least 10 times) the fact about not taking Tylenol, or Acetaminophen, before or anytime soon after drinking. Makes for a rough night if you''re like me and that''s all you can take in the first place :) I had my bachelorette party 3 weeks ago, and it''s one of those things I''ll definitely never forget! Just remember to pace yourself (which is hard when you''re getting free drinks left and right!) and eat, eat ,eat!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Robbie,

Have a wonderful time!!!!

Linda

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2007 10:31:26 AM
Author: labbielove
Hi Robbie,
Ahhh,,, that sounds like so much fun!

Not that I have any firsthand experience ;-) , but from what I recall
- drink lots of water today, and especially right before you go to bed- take 2 tylenol before bed
- if possible, alternate your drinks with water or even a club soda with lime. The club soda even 'looks' like a drink so you won't get grief for not drinking- if your friends are anything like mine used to be back in our party days
- agree with pp about eating- a greasy breakfast meal used to do wonders- toast,homefries, etc. If not before bed, then definitely tomorrow

if you have a headache tomorrow, try oj and/or excedrin with regular coca cola

but i think your best bet is to try and alternate drinks- you want to be able to enjoy yourself and still feel ok tomorrow

have a blast!!!
Robbie, these things can be rough...I had a pretty crazy night for my own (unexpected) bachelorette. Here's my advice...

STICK WITH ONE KIND OF BOOZE! If you are a vodka drinker, I would highly recommend Vodka/soda/lime wedge. First of all, this has soda as a mixer, and you will find that sweet vodka drinks will give you a major hangover. This is NOT a sweet drink, and in fact some find it too bitter, but there is a method to my madness, BECAUSE...

If your friends give you grief for not drinking, you can (as labbielove pointed out) try to get the bartender to give you soda and lime only on the sly. Not only will this hydrate you, but it will appear as if you are still partying.

DO NOT TAKE CRAZY SHOTS. This includes tequilla (always a bad idea) or even worse, vodka based shots like kamakazes. These types are not strong, but again it's the sweetness that will kill you the next day. If people insist on you doing a shot, and if you are taking the above advice, insist on a straight vodka shot.

I don't know what your drink of choice is, but do drink water inbetween alcoholic drinks if you choose to mix.

Also, stand up and walk around...frequently. You'll find a lot of people think they are fine until they get up, and then BAM. It's over. Walking around will help you gauge how toasted you are.

As you said, it's hard to turn down drinks and stupid shots once you're drunk. They key is not to get there! Act drunk if you have to, but if you want to feel alive the next day, you'll have to take some preventative measures. And oh yeah...grab a loaf of bread before you go out and EAT as much as you can.
3.gif

As you can see, I have no experience in this matter whatsoever.
41.gif

ETA, vodka, soda and lime has an additional benefit...low in calories.
1.gif

Jaders731

Brilliant_Rock

Hey Robbie!!

I hope you have a blast tonight.. just wanted to give you a couple bachelorette party pointers... tips I learned AFTER mine.. ughh.. seriously.. it was the worst hangover EVER..

1. Be prepared for a hangover... just in case (I''m 99% sure you are GOING to have one.. ) I think of it as a right of passage... you only have to do it once.. just realize it. (I know that sounds bad.. but.. you will more than likely have one.. so better to accept it now!)
2. Before you go out tonight.. lay out what you want to get into (pj''s) and put a glass of water on your nightstand. If you are really adhering to item #1... put a small trash can by your bed (just in case)!
3. Before you leave for the night.. ask one of your girlfriends to volunteer to MAKE SURE you get in your jammies and into your bed! Even if your girlfriend is drunk.. two fumbling drunkies is WAY better than one fumbling drunkie to make sure you get into your house and in jammies and in bed.
4. Drinks.. whatever you do.. dont drink any shots by the name of "broken down golf cart"... take it from me.. those go down easy.. and are soooooo bad the next day (I know the owners of the bar that "hosted" my bachelorette party.. and they served those on special..
14.gif
)
5. Ditto the suggestion to alternate drinks. Somehow my girlfriends all love Vodka and Cranberry.. me.. NOT so much.. but.. I used it to my advantage... after our first bar.. I started alternating my regular drink with pure Cranberry juice. My girls thought I was drinking their fave drink.. and I was attempting to sober-up. By the third bar.. I was just drinking Cranberry juice not even alternating anymore. Club soda with lime or even better.. Club soda with Rose''s lime juice (tastes just like sparkly lemonade) are two other alternatives.
6. Once you are home and in bed.. turn OFF your cell or ringer on your house phone... My mom decided the morning after that she wanted to have coffee (over the phone) and discuss wedding details. She kept me on the phone for over an hour... I held the phone about 8 inches from my ear the whole time.. I was dying a slow death.. and she was just not having it.. wanted to plan plan plan.. ughhhh.. my stomach is turning just thinking about it.
7. Take lots of pictures... I think I have 250 pictures from mine!!!

I know that list doesnt exactly give you ideas on how to prevent the "drunken stupor"... but I was just like you, really worried that I would over do it. Just try and keep your wits about you.. and realize that more than likely you are going to drink too much.. just be prepared for it in case it happens.

Have fun... you only do it once...so enjoy it!!!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Wow, lots of helpful tips in here!!! Robbie, have a BLAST at your bachelorette party!!! Like Jaders pointed out its only one night so don''t worry too much about the hangover the next day. Non-alcoholic hydration is the key to no hangover (and of course the late night meal everyone mentioned!)

I''m going to use some of these tips myself this weekend in Vegas...
9.gif

Robbie--- Have fun and be safe!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe we need to get together a bachelorette party survival guide! Lots of great advice! Have fun Robbie - and just take everyone''s advice on water and bread (honey wheat works great because the honey will metabolize the alcohol.)

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Ok, the current college student''s guide to avoiding hangovers:

1) EAT. Seriously. As I recall, carbs absorb the alcohol and protein helps break it down. Fried food helps more than anything else. So that late night KFC craving you might get is worth listening to. The calories may suck but I''d prefer to be on the treadmill the next day, not in bed and miserable.

2) Definitely listen to the tips about alternating alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, sticking to one drink, and not drinking anything sweet. Those can kill you.

3) Avoid anything with the word "Bomb" in the name. Baaaaaaaaaaaad news.

4) You don''t feel shots until it''s too late, so try to avoid them.

5) Have a Nalgene or similarly sized water bottle next to your bed to drink before bed and when you get up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night.

6) Try to avoid caffiene. Mostly just because it''ll keep your body from sleeping when you really need to.

7) Make sure you have bread for toast in the morning, and eggs if you eat them. And bacon. This is a way to launch a second attack against the hangover, because you''re fighting it with the same things as the night before.

Have fun and good luck surviving!
3.gif

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Have a wonderful time, Robbie! Can''t wait to hear all about it!

lauralu

Brilliant_Rock
hmmmmmmmmm i wonder if Robbie is lying in bed right now with one foot on the floor from room spinnage, looking at the glass of water she sat on her night stand before leaving for the party and wondering why oh why it looks so far away!!!... hehehehehe im kiddin. I hope your night was extra fun and you have great photos to share.

I have to add, I read the article about not taking tylenol within 24 hrs of drinking. Man oh man I must be a lucky girl because I have done that countless times. As well as several times. Like every 4 to 6 hours from first dose starting from when I got home to the first time I would wake up from the headache ect....so I haven''t had to do that in a lomg time...but in my YOUNGER days I tell you!!!!! memories....

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Sorry guys! I actually woke up at 7 and drifted in and out of sleep until about 10:30 when FI texted me to see if I was up. I had a blast and thanks to the fact that I drank tons of water, no hangover (thanks ladies!)! We had a really busy day doing all kinds of last minute wedding stuff and only got home around 8 tonight.

We started the night out at the house of one of my FSILs. We had some drinks (Daileys Pomegranate Margaritas in a box for me!), some snacks and opened some presents. We were only there for about an hour before the party bus picked us up and took us downtown. There was more drinking on the bus (we brought the box of margarita drink on the bus) so by the time we got to the bar I was really drunk as you''ll see in the pics.

We were at the first bar for about 2 hrs before we went to the second bar. I was already feeling sick before we left the first bar and after about an hour at the second bar I puked
7.gif
. FSIL whose joint party it was held my hair. I love my soon to be in laws.
1.gif
FMIL, her sister and one of my FSILs were getting ready to leave and they convinced me to leave with them and stay at FMIL''s house. Good thing becuase the ones who were staying were trying to tell me that I needed shots to make me feel better. Haha. So we left around 1 while the others left around 2.

So, without further ado, here are the pics!

This one is right before FI left after dropping me at his sister''s house. We''re wearing our wedding shirts
1.gif

robbie3982weddingshirts.jpg

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Me in my bachelorette gear!

robbie3982bacheloretteparty.jpg

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Me with my FSILs and FMIL

robbie3982sisters.jpg

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
This is such a bad angle, but it was a necessary post :)

robbie3982bar.jpg

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
And last but not least (there are way more pics, but I don''t think any of them are really PS appropriate...) I have no idea what I''m pointing at, but this is me and my soon to be cousin on stage at bar 2

robbie3982pointing.jpg

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Robbie...go back to sleep.

You were a wild child. The city is not safe while you are awake and out on on the BAR!! YOU WERE ON THE BAR!! I have my eyes covered....I can''t look...I had you as a demure sweet little bride...I have to cover my eyes.

DKS
6.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL, you and your FI are such a great looking couple, glad you had a great bachelorette party. Note: I won''t hold any of this against you, ha! Hope your FI nurses you through the hangover tomorrow, looks like you might need some nursing! Hee hee...thanks for sharing drunk pics!!!
35.gif
Now we will look forward to all the great wedding pics you can bring!
36.gif

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/2/2007 1:14:49 AM
Author: door knob solitaire
Robbie...go back to sleep.

You were a wild child. The city is not safe while you are awake and out on on the BAR!! YOU WERE ON THE BAR!! I have my eyes covered....I can''t look...I had you as a demure sweet little bride...I have to cover my eyes.

DKS
6.gif
Lol, I was actually only on the bar because it was a dare from the pack of bachelorette party dares that I got as a gift.

Thanks monarch! I''m actually not hungover at all. All that water drinking helped :)

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looked like it was a great night!! Glad you enjoyed it!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
So glad you had such a great time! Looks like a blast!

Can''t wait to see your wedding pictures soon!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results