shape
carat
color
clarity

My Antique Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
This is one of my favorite rings. I bought her 7 years ago at an antique jewelry store in NYC. The center diamond is about .35 carat and has strong blue florescence. I know nothing else about her except she sparkles like nobody''s business! She is probably one of the most beautiful things I own. I want to know more about her, I have considered having her taken out of the ring and sent to GIA, and I know this makes me crazy. I''ll try to get better pictures of her.

antiquering300special.jpg

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
What a pretty ring. I personally wouldn''t care what GIA has to say about your diamond. You love it and it sparkles, what more do you need to know? All lab grading stuff(color, clarity) is just one labs opinion. I''ve read many stories on here about soft grading, hard grading, even people disagreeing with GIA sometimes so it really doesn''t matter to me what a diamonds dimensions are and where their flaws can be found. In fact, it''s probably better not to know :) Treasure it and enjoy it!

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
What a lovely ring!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I love the detailed setting, I''d skip GIA and enjoy such a beautiful ring!!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Love it! I agree about not sending it to GIA, why risk damaging that pretty setting? You could take it to an appraiser if you want to satisfy your curiosity.

It looks to me like it''s from the 1930s.

Which NYC antique jewelry shop, if you don''t mind saying? I''m always on the prowl for good ones.

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Receipt says "Mary Finkelstein Jewelry Corp", 50 West 47th Street, NY. I paid $300 7 years ago for it. I feel like the ring has paid for itself in enjoyment of wearing it these past years.

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
beautiful ring, i would have thought it was more than $300

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
More pics...

antiqueringstrongblue.jpg

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Another one

antiquering300abjpg.jpg

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Last one!

antiquering300a.jpg

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
oooh, neat glowing photo.

Pretty ring. . .I agree with not taking it out of the setting as to avoid risk of damaging the diamond and/or setting.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Im thinkin that this ring is early 1920s.A transitional design that incorparates both the engraved garland pattern of the edwardian period with the simple art deco lines like the curved horseshoe shapes and double ribbon pattern on the sides.very nice.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, this ring is so pretty! I love it, I have such a soft spot for these older rings, just something about them...I too wouldn''t worry about GIA, I would just wear this baby proudly and just enjoy it! It''s beautiful!

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Side view.

sideringfinkelstein2.jpg

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
What a pretty ring!!!!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
It is gorgeous!! I love the setting!

I think it would be awesome to send it out! I love learning about the history behind a piece.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
What a graceful, delicate beauty! I adore the proportions ....

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a GORGEOUS piece!!
30.gif
I have a real soft spot for antique diamond rings, and this one is certainly a stunner. Thank you for sharing pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results