shape
carat
color
clarity

My Amsale Dress! With Pictures Of Me In It!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
As for colors, since my dress is pink I''m probably going to have the bridesmaid dresses be silver/grey. I was also thinking bright pink could be good, too. But that''s a lot of pink and I am so not a pink person, so I don''t think I''m going to do it. As far as other colors go, I''ll probably just do white linens at the reception and do really bright flowers for the centerpieces.

My cousin is a landscape designer/artist and she''s going to do my flowers...probably for free! Woohoo! My mom is going to ask her how much she wants to charge us, of course, but my mom is pretty sure she''ll do them for free for my wedding gift. I really have absolutely no vision as to how I want them to look so I think I''ll just have her do whatever. She''s very talented and I''m sure they''ll be gorgeous. I did see some good flowers the other night on Design Sponge so maybe I''ll show her those as inspiration. Here are the ones I liked on Design Sponge:

ranunculus8.jpg

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooh, great venue, Thingo! Love it. I can just picture you in your amazing dress in there! I also really like those flower colors. Also, I think silver/grey bm dresses would look gorgeous. Thanks for sharing your ideas!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
And that is about the extent of my planning! I am meeting with my likely caterer later this week to walk through the reception site so he can get an idea of what the space is like before he gives us a quote. He''s the owner of a fantastic restaurant (and my best friend''s husband!) His restaurant is DELISH and I know the food will be off the hook. Hopefully it won''t be crazy expensive because I really want to use them! As for what type of food, I also have no idea, but I will post a sample menu from the website to give you a general vibe of the food.

As for a DJ, I have about 10 friends and acquaintances who DJ. But my friend who would actually be the best is going to be a guest so I need to figure out who to have DJ. I want some more recent stuff but also all the cheesy wedding classics-Chicken Dance, YMCA, a Slide or two (Cha Cha, Electric, etc.), Celebrate, etc. So my DJ friend''s trying to help me figure out who would be the best person for that.

Oh, and it''s going to be formal but relaxed, if that makes sense! It''ll be black tie optional and I hope lots of the guests will wear tuxes! A few of my friends own tuxes and wanted to wear them so that''s why I''m doing it black tie optional!
3.gif
) I just love getting really dressed up for weddings because when else do you get the chance? Oh, and the ceremony will probably be at 5 (or 6?) so it will be party time after we eat!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay here is a sample menu for a wedding from their website. I don''t know what I''ll have but it''ll probably be something along those lines.

light appetizers
• asparagus and lobster bundles
• latkes with sour cream and chive
• assorted miniature quiches
• wild mushrooms in filo
• coconut chicken tenders

main courses
• peppered and seared beef tenderloin sliced thin and served with herbed foccacia
• shrimp and shiitake yakitori skewers
• smoked scallops in dijon cream with gnocci
• grilled marinated pork served with mushu sides

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/27/2009 12:19:13 AM
Author: WishfulThinking
Ooooh, great venue, Thingo! Love it. I can just picture you in your amazing dress in there! I also really like those flower colors. Also, I think silver/grey bm dresses would look gorgeous. Thanks for sharing your ideas!

You're welcome! Thanks for asking and listening to me ramble!
3.gif
I'm glad you like my ideas!

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, so I''ve been putting a lot of thought into this over the last hour. I didn''t want to say anything until I was 100% sure that this is how I feel, but I just can''t hide it from you any longer...

I AM CRASHING YOUR WEDDING.
[Yes, I am that uninvited guest they all write about here in BWW!!
11.gif
]

I won''t lie, it was the menu that sold me. But you''re alright too. The dress and all, plus the shoes. Oh! And Mr. HunkyGuy! So yeah, I just wanted to let you know ahead of time. Since you still have 6 months and all.
3.gif

Hah! That aside, it sounds DELISH and seriously amazing. I hope the food comes in at your budget! I think it''s hilarious that it''s going to be back-tie optional and relaxed and that your friends are the type of people who will wear tuxes for the he ck of it because they want to. I love it! Heck, if I were to actually go *I* would wear a tux because I always thought it looked pretty darn cool! [Rachel Maddow wore a tux to one of the Inaugural Balls, so I''m a little biased in their favour right now
12.gif
] I love getting dressed up. Your wedding is going to rock, girl!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m coming too. Period.

And what kind of cake are you going to do? Grooms cake?

Dude. I''m more excited about your wedding than my own. Brain-buddy.

Ok, I have to go finish my STDs...

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous dress - and fantastic you got it for a bargain!!! Honestly, it looks better on you than on the model!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
You could model that dress in a magazine. It looks great on you!

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
I had to come back and tell you again how MUCH I LOOOOVE this dress on you!!!!

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/26/2009 7:58:46 PM
Author: thing2of2

And I totally meant to tell you before, Moon-sorry! I don''t know about giving Michelle a run for her money...but I wouldn''t mind spending a little time with Barack!
31.gif
Heh, all you need to do is find out what moisturizer she uses and you''re all set.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/26/2009 11:53:59 PM

Date: 1/26/2009 10:47:48 PM
Well good then. Expect many more to come.

I went back and stalked your past threads and all I could find was that damn date! 7/11. Of course the first thing I think of is the gas station/convenient store with that name... do you have that near you? Then I started imagining your colors as bright green and orange, which I think are the colors the store uses. So clearly I need your help filling in the REAL details of this thing! You have great taste and I am totally looking forward to hearing all about it. Have fun at soccer!
9.gif

PS: You are a great bride. I think you spend your time on PS very productively!
31.gif

Ha! Actually, all we''re serving at the reception are Slurpees, Big Bites and doughnuts in honor of my fave convenience store! Yes, we have TONS of 7-11s around me. There are 4 in a 1 or 2 mile radius, I swear!

But seriously, I think for our save the dates we''re going to take a picture in front of a 7-11 sign and make a card out of it! (My genius idea, as a matter of fact!) And I''m going to be drinking a Slurpee and my fiance is going to be pretending to eat a Big Bite hot dog. (Because if he actually ate one he''d probably get food poisoning!)

Here''s a photo of the place we''re having the reception and probably the ceremony. It''s in a converted tobacco warehouse that now houses a museum and ballroom. I''m still trying to decide if I want to have the ceremony at a separate place...if I do it will be at a historic theater. BUT since it''s a theater there''s no center aisle so I just can''t decide!

P.S. I think I use my PS time productively, too!
11.gif
That place is gorgeous! I can''t wait to see your wedding photos!

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/27/2009 12:20:51 AM
Okay here is a sample menu for a wedding from their website. I don''t know what I''ll have but it''ll probably be something along those lines.

light appetizers
• asparagus and lobster bundles
• latkes with sour cream and chive
• assorted miniature quiches
• wild mushrooms in filo
• coconut chicken tenders

main courses
• peppered and seared beef tenderloin sliced thin and served with herbed foccacia
• shrimp and shiitake yakitori skewers
• smoked scallops in dijon cream with gnocci
• grilled marinated pork served with mushu sides
*cough*ahem*cough*ImCrashingYourWedding*cough*ahem..

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/27/2009 2:00:09 AM
Okay, so I''ve been putting a lot of thought into this over the last hour. I didn''t want to say anything until I was 100% sure that this is how I feel, but I just can''t hide it from you any longer...

I AM CRASHING YOUR WEDDING.
[Yes, I am that uninvited guest they all write about here in BWW!!
11.gif
]

I won''t lie, it was the menu that sold me. But you''re alright too. The dress and all, plus the shoes. Oh! And Mr. HunkyGuy! So yeah, I just wanted to let you know ahead of time. Since you still have 6 months and all.
3.gif

Hah! That aside, it sounds DELISH and seriously amazing. I hope the food comes in at your budget! I think it''s hilarious that it''s going to be back-tie optional and relaxed and that your friends are the type of people who will wear tuxes for the he ck of it because they want to. I love it! Heck, if I were to actually go *I* would wear a tux because I always thought it looked pretty darn cool! [Rachel Maddow wore a tux to one of the Inaugural Balls, so I''m a little biased in their favour right now
12.gif
] I love getting dressed up. Your wedding is going to rock, girl!
Hahaha! I just read this, I was thinking the same thing! The food totally sold me...oh yeah and I like thing LOL

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/27/2009 2:38:00 AM
Author: FrekeChild
I''m coming too. Period.

Wait, so um, I think Freke should bake your wedding cake and then I''m most definitely coming. Yup.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/27/2009 12:45:09 PM
Author: MoonWater

I''m coming too. Period.

Wait, so um, I think Freke should bake your wedding cake and then I''m most definitely coming. Yup.
Hahaha YES! You should all come...Karen too obviously!

I don''t know what I''m doing about the cakes...we talked about cupcakes but I do like a big cake, too. I guess that''s one more thing I need to get figured out! My favorite cake is yellow with chocolate icing, but I don''t know if that''s wedding-y enough!
3.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
And thank you so much honey, Kelli and alli!
9.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I love the dress... you are soo beautiful.. I can just imagine you all dolled up on your big day! **gush**

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
dress is perfection
menu awesome (latkes!)
and those flowers are fabulous!
so exciting!

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/27/2009 3:17:38 PM

Date: 1/27/2009 12:45:09 PM
Author: MoonWater

I'm coming too. Period.

Dude. I'm more excited about your wedding than my own. Brain-buddy.

Wait, so um, I think Freke should bake your wedding cake and then I'm most definitely coming. Yup.
Hahaha YES! You should all come...Karen too obviously!

I don't know what I'm doing about the cakes...we talked about cupcakes but I do like a big cake, too. I guess that's one more thing I need to get figured out! My favorite cake is yellow with chocolate icing, but I don't know if that's wedding-y enough!
3.gif
Weirdo, my fave cake growing up was yellow cake with chocolate icing. I wouldn't eat anything else!

For my wedding we had a chocolate raspberry cake, omg...to die for...i'd eat that again...right now...omg.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your wedding is going to be so fabulous! Love all the planning you''ve done so far - the menu sounds friggin delish yo! Your dress is so damn cute!
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results