shape
carat
color
clarity

My all time favorite xmas decoration. Need help.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
And it only cost me $2.99.
grins-xmas.gif

I found it years and years ago at Burlington coat factory of all places. It''s gotten more compliments than anything else. I just love it. (it truly is the little things in life, lol) Problem is, he''s evaporating.
7.gif
The water used to be almost to the top. And I can''t find another one just like it. I can find ones that say, Florida or Texas snowman, but that won''t help. I''ve searched the company stamped on the bottom, couldn''t find them.

Has anyone seen one just like this??
39.gif

TOMS01.JPG

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
LOL Ellen! Haven''t seen anything like that - but if I do, I''ll be certain to post here...and I''ll buy a few of these suckers myself
31.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hahaha!!! Ellen I love it!!
face20.gif

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vintage-Christmas-Tree-Fairy-Doll-Very-Rare-Airfix_W0QQitemZ330194846624QQihZ014QQcategoryZ69853QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Imagine, if you can, a similar fairy whose little dress is sad and tatty, and yellowed with age...Her wings are long gone and only a strand or 2 of wilted tinsel sparkles pathetically on her little plastic head....
40.gif
....That is my beloved fairy, that I have loved since I was a wee child. The above is the same fairy as mine, only in much better condition!

My Husband detests and despises her so much, that over the years it has become tradition to squabble over my " scruffy fairy." He has banished her from the top of the tree ( although I sneak her back up there when he isn't looking), has tried to throw her on the fire, put her in the rubbish, insulted her, and generally relished giving her a hard time.

But I love her anyway.
25.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/5/2007 9:43:30 AM
Author: SanDiegoLady
I remember this. You can find them all over San Diego.. cause.. we''re in the desert yanno. Did you google it?
No, I just tried searching for it on Yahoo. I''ll try that.

Cleo, isn''t it cute?
grins-xmas.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Doesn't the link work?
34.gif

'Tay!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/5/2007 9:45:45 AM
Author: Lorelei
Hahaha!!! Ellen I love it!!
face20.gif

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vintage-Christmas-Tree-Fairy-Doll-Very-Rare-Airfix_W0QQitemZ330194846624QQihZ014QQcategoryZ69853QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Imagine, if you can, a similar fairy whose little dress is sad and tatty, and yellowed with age...Her wings are long gone and only a strand or 2 of wilted tinsel sparkles pathetically on her little plastic head....
40.gif
....That is my beloved fairy, that I have loved since I was a wee child. The above is the same fairy as mine, only in much better condition!

My Husband detests and despises her so much, that over the years it has become tradition to squabble over my '' scruffy fairy.'' He has banished her from the top of the tree ( although I sneak her back up there when he isn''t looking), has tried to throw her on the fire, put her in the rubbish, insulted her, and generally relished giving her a hard time.

But I love her anyway.
25.gif
6.gif
He DIN''T!??
29.gif

I don''t blame you for keeping her. What memories she must hold....
5.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/5/2007 9:52:10 AM
Doesn''t the link work?
34.gif

''Tay!
The link worked, but for some reason, when I read and quoted it, the rest of your post wasn''t there..... spooks

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/5/2007 9:57:04 AM
Author: Ellen

Date: 12/5/2007 9:52:10 AM
Doesn't the link work?
34.gif

'Tay!
The link worked, but for some reason, when I read and quoted it, the rest of your post wasn't there..... spooks
Thats because I posted the linky then added the rest of the post!
9.gif
11.gif

He didn't actually throw her on the fire in the end, although he was trying to wind me up as he thinks it is funny!
39.gif
The thing is, if he got her too close to the flames, she is likely to shrivel and sizzle anyway!!
32.gif

Getting sentimental, she is a relic from when I was about 8 or 9, and Christmas was still magical! I even remember buying her, we got her from a chain which Maisie and Pan will know, Woolworths
16.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/5/2007 9:59:23 AM

Date: 12/5/2007 9:57:04 AM
Author: Ellen

The link worked, but for some reason, when I read and quoted it, the rest of your post wasn''t there..... spooks
Thats because I posted the linky then added the rest of the post!
9.gif
11.gif

He didn''t actually throw her on the fire in the end, although he was trying to wind me up as he thinks it is funny!
39.gif
The thing is, if he got her too close to the flames, she is likely to shrivel and sizzle anyway!!
32.gif
lol.gif
slap4.gif

Men have odd senses of humor sometimes.
11.gif

And SDL, the Google search is turning up what the other did, zilch.

couturequeen17

Rough_Rock
http://www.amazon.com/Original-Melted-Snowman-Florida-Snowglobe/dp/B000RNGWP2

Here''s one, but it''s evaporating too!

http://cgi.ebay.com.my/ORIGINAL-MELTED-SNOWMAN-Christmas-Table-Decoration_W0QQitemZ280164978970QQihZ018QQcategoryZ48812QQcmdZViewItem

Everyone seems to have your problem.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
couture, thanks, but those say Florida and Jacksonville on them. I''m trying to find one that says what''s on mine.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results