shape
carat
color
clarity

My Accessories Thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I wanted to start a thread for all of the accessories I''ve picked up (that I just now got around to photographing).

First, here is my dress thread: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/dress-pics.102353/

My first item is my hair clip from Etsy. I think I want my hair done in some sort of low bun (or something similar) and I''m hoping my stylist can fit this in. I think it has a nice vintage flair that fits with my dress and since I''m not wearing a veil I needed something else.

lf etsy hair clip.jpg

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Here are my earrings. I love them, but I''m not totally sure if they go with the hair clip. I figure that they''ll be far enough away from each other that no one will notice the color difference (silver vs bronze colored metal) but I want to make sure the styles at least mesh well. I wanted something simple, but a little bit vintage (since my dress has a very 60s vibe).

lf earrings1.jpg

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Another one of the earrings. I
30.gif
the bezeled rounds and step cuts.

lf earrings2.jpg

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I
30.gif
your hair clip!!! The earrings are very pretty, too. To be honest I didn't notice the difference in metal, but I am wondering whether both together may be a lot of look? They are both pretty big pieces. I guess it depends on how close the hair clip is to your ear.

ETA: You know what, I just looked at them again and it shouldn't be too much at all. Great jewelry.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Now for my shoes. I think these may be my absolute favorite part of my outfit (after my dress, of course). I know Freke is jealous of them, so they must be super fly
2.gif

I absolutely love that everyone will be able to see my shoes with my short dress. I'm going to buy some flats in case I get blisters or something, but I really hope to wear these the whole night.

Oh, and you'll notice the little plastic thing on the heel that is supposed to keep me from sinking into the ground during the ceremony. I can't wait to try these out!
36.gif
to liang chi for finding these for me.

ETA: The bridesmaid dresses are almost this exact color, so I love that they're my something blue, but will also flow with what everyone is wearing. I don't think I would've picked them if this blue wasn't one of my colors.

lf wedding shoes1.jpg

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
One more of my awesome J Crew shoes.

lf wedding shoes2.jpg

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2009 6:10:25 PM
Author: mscushion
I
30.gif
your hair clip!!! The earrings are very pretty, too. To be honest I didn''t notice the difference in metal, but I am wondering whether both together may be a lot of look? They are both pretty big pieces. I guess it depends on how close the hair clip is to your ear.

ETA: You know what, I just looked at them again and it shouldn''t be too much at all. Great jewelry.
Mscushion, for reference, the clip is 4.5" long to the tip of the pearl things and the earrings are 2" long. So I think the earrings are fairly delicate, though they don''t look it in the picture.

I''m glad you like them
1.gif

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I completely forgot to post my bracelet. I may or may not wear this, but I bought it at an antique shop and I love it. I''m not really in the market for another bracelet, so I''ll probably decide the day of if I wear this or not. Let me know if you think it goes or if it''s too much. For reference it''s about 1/4" thick, so very delicate.

Sorry this pic is kind of blurry. I have a close up that looks better.

lf bracelet2.jpg

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
And here''s the closeup of my maybe bracelet.

lf bracelet1.jpg

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2009 6:16:09 PM
Author: elrohwen
Mscushion, for reference, the clip is 4.5'' long to the tip of the pearl things and the earrings are 2'' long. So I think the earrings are fairly delicate, though they don''t look it in the picture. I''m glad you like them
1.gif
Thanks for clarifying, I couldn''t tell how big they were. Those shoes are super-fly indeed
30.gif
and I''m totally going to remember that trick with the little plastic thingy for the shoes.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Mscushion, if you''re interested, here''s the ones I bought:
http://www.thesolemates.com/index.php

It seems like most of these things are from the UK and this was the only one I heard of that was available in the US (and available only 1/4 mile from my office too!). Are you an Aussie?? (I totally can''t remember) I''m sure you''ll be able to find something similar where you are.

I think I''m going to buy some for my bridesmaids and the moms (if the moms decide to wear heels).

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love all of it.

Except the shoes. They are hideous.

AS IF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I''m so jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rock Your Socks

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/12/2009 7:11:26 PM
Author: FrekeChild
I love all of it.

AS IF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I''m so jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ha Freke you are so funny, i saw that last comment and could''nt help laughing!
9.gif

lovesparklies

Shiny_Rock
I love all your accessories but especially the bracelet! I hope you decide to wear it the day-of.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2009 7:11:26 PM
Author: FrekeChild
I love all of it.

LMAO I always need a laugh on Monday mornings.

And lovesparklies, I''m glad you like the bracelet! I originally bought it with the intention of wearing it for my wedding and I really love it. I wish I could get it a little shinier, but my jewelry store is afraid that cleaning it too aggressively will cause the (fake) stones to fall out since they''re just glued in place.

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
So classy Elrohwen! And regardless of what Freke says, the shoes are great!
25.gif

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
I agree w/ Sparklies - that bracelet is great!

Have you tried walking on softer ground with the plastic things on your shoes? Do they work?? I guess maybe you should experiment with shoes you already own that you don''t mind getting a little dirty...

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
BigT, I definitely want to try walking in those plastic thingies, I just haven''t gotten around to it! Maybe that''ll be the plan for next weekend. I see how they would protect your heels if you were on a wood deck or stone patio, but I''m not 100% sold that they''ll prevent me from sinking into the grass. So we''ll see!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results