shape
carat
color
clarity

MY 37K stone! Am I lucky or dumb?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kimszipdx

Rough_Rock
Hello All. My fiance bout me a 37K 2.27 carat diamond. I am unsure if the stone is worth it or could we have gotten a better deal for it. As far as I''m concern, I rather drive a mercedes, but he wants the best for me, so now i''m wearing cash on my finger in which I can''t spend.

What do you think?

AGS certified

Shape and Style - Round Brilliant 8.57-8.58 x 5.17

Cut grade - AGS Ideal 0

Color Grade - AGS 1.0 F

Clarity Grade - AGS 3 (VS1)

Carat weight - 2.278 cts.

Flourescence: Negligible

Table 57.2

Depth 60.3

culet: very small

crown: 33.2

pavillion: 41

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations.

JA is known to have among the lowest prices posted here, and he offers one that is somewhat comparable, here.

It''s a little bigger, but doesn''t have as good a color as yours.

I''d say, if you''re looking to confirm a good value, that you & your bf got it!

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds fantastic! I can''t wait to see it!!!!

kimszipdx

Rough_Rock
here it is!

kimsi ring 001.jpg

kimszipdx

Rough_Rock
is it beautiful?

kimsi ring 003.jpg

kimszipdx

Rough_Rock
what do you think?

kimsi ring 002.jpg

vivianv

Shiny_Rock
Everyone is stunned into silence!
2.gif

It''s beautiful! Much better than a Mercedes any day.It will stay in style longer and last longer too! Best of all worlds!

Congrats!

Kissmark

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/25/2007 1:08:24 AM
Author: vivianv
Everyone is stunned into silence!
2.gif

It''s beautiful! Much better than a Mercedes any day.It will stay in style longer and last longer too! Best of all worlds!

Congrats!
....and much lower maintaince cost

Is it BEAUTIFUL ????

Ummmm, HELL YEAH !!!!!!

That stone is breathtaking....

It''s hard when you actually take into consideration the cost for JUST the stone... it always seems like WAY too much or jst plain unneccessary....

*ducks to avoid PS bullets*

My BF and I have looked at many stones and I fell in love with a stone that was 7k....... to me, THAT was way too much for just the stone and would never expect nor want him to spend that much on the stone by itself...... He however, feels otherwise and I imagine, like your BF, purchased the stone he wanted to get for you..... the one he thought would make your heart literally STOP everytime you looked at it....

Don''t worry about the cost, it obviously wasn''t an issue to him... ENJOY THE BLING !!!!!!!!

Your a very lucky girl !!!!!

Wear it in good health .....
19.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/25/2007 12:12:12 AM
Author: kimszipdx
is it beautiful?

ummm let me think for a moment... HECK YEAH
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
yummy, scrummy and magnificent :) I LOVE how in the first photo if you look in the center a perfect heart is formed :)

Congratulations on a beautiful rock your FI did really well

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks mighty fine to me! Congratulations!!
36.gif

fansynancy

Shiny_Rock
I think it might take you a bit of time to appreciate what a special engagement ring this is. It really is spectacular and a man who would buy this for you clearly wants you to have the best. It''s my guess that one day you''ll have the ring AND the Mercedes. When you celebrate your 25th Anniversary you''ll be really glad you got the ring and not the car. Best wishes on your engagement. Wear your ring in the best of health and enjoy planning your wedding. I''m sure it will be very special.

Nancy

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh, it''s GORGEOUS!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif
35.gif

Your fiance and that beautiful ring are definitely "keepers".

Congratulations!!!!!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Enjoy that stone. I have a soft spot for F VS diamonds, and yours is a beauty. Just be sure it is insured. I agree, I think some day you will have the Mercedes as well.

Congratulations!
36.gif

fansynancy

Shiny_Rock
What great advice! Learn from my heartache. Get a good appraisal and insure that beautiful stone.

PaperStars

Rough_Rock
Wow, what a beautiful stone! Someone posted their 4 carat diamond ring the other day. Gorgeous too! There should be a thread for 2 carats and above pics so we can all drool over.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous stone! Much better than a Mercedes, especially since they have a reputation for breaking down (lol!)

Enjoy.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
holy shnikey! YEAH, it''s beautiful. have you looked at it much?! I noticed the little heart in the first pic right away, too. AWWW! Best wishes!!
30.gif

phiberoptik

Rough_Rock
What does your fiance do for a living and does he have any openings at his work?

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Am I the only one who thinks the price is a bit high, based on searching PS vendors at the top of the page...using similar stats? I''m not a RB expert but it seems a few grand higher? Then again, if you love it in person that''s all that really matters, right?

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Not sure if your dumb or not...LOL But you are a smartie for putting that baby on your finger!
25.gif
36.gif
It''s a nice stone, forget about the car, in 20 yrs you''ll still have the stone, in 20 yrs, a car might be at the junk yard in a rusted heap of nothing.
9.gif

Judy
:)

kimszipdx

Rough_Rock
Hello All,

Thank you for all your comments. Y''all make me feel so much better about this stone. I am learning to appreciate more as the hours are moving forward. People have been noticing it left and right, and I''m so proud to be the owner of it, but moreover, I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful man in my life. Just the thought of getting something like this so spectacular but to actually wearing it on my finger is every crazier. My fiance is a dentist, so... for you ladys out there, maybe you should visit the dental office more often! hihi. =) Best of wishes to everyone, you''ve been so supportive.

Best in the west,
kimszipdx

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is certainly beautiful, and I think it is appropriate considering your future husband's profession. I'm quite sure you'll have the Mercedes one day, as well!

(Is it insured? You can read multiple posts on the forum about insurance. Chubb is good for a ring like yours.)

gontama

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/25/2007 10:15:27 PM
Author: kimszipdx
Hello All,

Thank you for all your comments. Y''all make me feel so much better about this stone. I am learning to appreciate more as the hours are moving forward. People have been noticing it left and right, and I''m so proud to be the owner of it, but moreover, I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful man in my life. Just the thought of getting something like this so spectacular but to actually wearing it on my finger is every crazier. My fiance is a dentist, so... for you ladys out there, maybe you should visit the dental office more often! hihi. =) Best of wishes to everyone, you''ve been so supportive.

Best in the west,
kimszipdx
Congrats! The woman I love most does not have such a wonderful man!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results