shape
carat
color
clarity

Musical PSers - just for fun

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
I played the clarinet from 5th - 12th grade. Played a bit in a church band once high school was over. Haven''t played in years.

Took 8 years of piano lessons. Not sure how old I was though. Don''t play anymore. Never really "got" it. The bass clef was always a weakness for me because I had played the clarinet for several years prior to starting the piano.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been singing since I could make noise.
9.gif
Still do, with a Symphonic Chorus at my old College.

Also had a brief stint with the Steel Drums. Which was a blast!

wishinpink

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve played piano since age 5 =) But I still play.... trying to go to graduate school to get my master''s in piano performance =)

Played violin on and off from age 6

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I played cello from age 9 to maybe 19 or 20 every day. I brought it out a few years ago for a talent show at work (only because it was a guaranteed $100 since no one would participate; I don't really like performing at all). I haven't played since then, but I hope to start up again some day. I know the finger memory is still mostly there!

I played in an orchestra through junior high, but then I went to a very small high school without an orchestra. I joined a local group, but eventually quit because the conductor was a jerk (and because I was older than everyone else by a year or two and so wasn't challenged much). I got to play in the pit for "Into the Woods" in high school which was awesome. The music was not written in good keys for stringed instruments and the rhythms were very challenging, so it was tough but very fun! I'm not big on playing with groups because my experiences have never been great, but I may try to take lessons again some day because I miss it.

I choose the cello at a band and orchestra day at school where the teachers brought out all of the instruments and let you try them. I remember someone trying to tell me I would be perfect on a brass instrument, but I'm so glad I picked the cello! I loved its mellow sound and I still love it today. Every time I hear cello music I stop what I'm doing and listen; I could listen to it all day.

ETA: It's great to read that there are so many cello lovers! It's the best instrument in the world, in my humble opinion
16.gif

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Piano-for as long as I remember, took lessons for several years, do not really play anymore, just played because my parents made me (but now I am thankful!)

Guitar-started at 13, took lessons for 1 year but got bored, played in the school band for a year (had to learn to read sheet music, that kept me on my toes), have not played in a few years

I have wanted to play the cello since I was in Grade 1, a classmates mom came in and played and I just loved it! But I haven''t been able to work it out yet.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
I sing (mezzo-soprano) and play piano (and keytar--woo!). I started both as a little kid (both my parents are musicians, so they started me out early). I still play and sing and was in a band up until I moved last year.

I want to learn the accordian.
9.gif

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/9/2009 1:16:33 PM
Author: ladypirate
I sing (mezzo-soprano) and play piano (and keytar--woo!). I started both as a little kid (both my parents are musicians, so they started me out early). I still play and sing and was in a band up until I moved last year.

I want to learn the accordian.
9.gif
Took 2 years of violin and then quit. Took nearly 4 years of classical/legit voice. Took several months of belt. I''ve been in various choirs over the years, some simply OK, others bordering on amazing. The amazing one was a 20 person acapella chamber choir. We did some truly fabulous stuff, and did it fabulously, if I do say.

My voice is now rusty as car parts at the junkyard, and needs some buffing up. I''m thinking of getting me back to a decent vocal coach to whip me into shape one more time, before menopause trashes my soprano and makes me a tenor with a wobble a mile wide.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results