shape
carat
color
clarity

Music that gets you motivated for your workout !

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Well..it''''s 4:30 am here now..I am getting ready to hit my home gym! I LOVE my treadmill..and HAVE to have GREAT tunes pumped LOUD, to keep me running on the treadmill. I get bored of the same tunes, and have about 5-6 different CD''''s I made that I like to listen to for my workouts. I am wondering what song(s) get you pumped, keep you motivated , especially when doing cardio (I have enough slower paced songs I like for weights/strength training). If you have a great song, please share, so I can download it (if I haven''''t already), and burn a CD. Maybe I should make a few copies and send them to you fellow workout Guru''''s? lol
Thanks!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Skippy, I will check out that thread ! You have some great music ideas too! Keep on moving!!
emteeth.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I love trashy club music to work out to. You know, Pussycat Dolls, Rhianna, etc. Stuff that plays up the sex appeal, because no matter how nasty I''m looking, I''m working towards looking sexy, KWIM? Plus it generally has a strong beat, which is great to work out to.

Northern Lights

Rough_Rock

When I workout I like to listen to something with a good beat, so it’s usually Hip/Hop, Top 40 or Euro Dance music.

Some of my workout favs are:

Kanye West -- Stronger
Hellogoodbye -- Here
Beyonce -- Upgrade U
Justice -- D.A.N.C.E.
Fergie -- Glamorous

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
Definitely hiphop/rap & some Euro techno-vibe music (i.e. Kylie Minogue). Anything with a strong beat helps me stay motivated because I find myself synchronizing my steps to it.

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
Most of my stuff is what I used to Irish step dance to, but I do have some others.
American Woman, these boots are made for walking, I love rock and roll, etc. Anything with a good beat preferably attitude.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I''m a trashy club mix person, too! Haha, I like how you said that, princesss.

Actually, I listen to a really crazy mix of upbeat stuff - DH borrowed my shuffle for the gym this week and totally made fun of my workout mix. I have some upbeat country (Ain''t Goin Down til the Sun Comes Up, Sin Wagon, Last Name..), some techno (the Run Lola Run soundtrack is FAB), some rock, lots of pop, some songs from my bellydance class, some No Doubt...it''s weird, but I love it and the mix definitely gets me moving.

Do you have iTunes? There''s a couple of free podcasts with a good running mix, and a BUNCH of workout mixes (iTune essentials) depending on what genres you like. The classical one is a bit scary though - think Beethoven on a synthesizer with a beat. WEIRD.

dancingqueen

Shiny_Rock
My Ipod has such strange mix of songs... I love anything with a fast beat. I have various playlists ranging from disco, 80''s, party hits, rock, etc. I don''t have my Ipod in front of me to give a very specific list, but some of my all-time favorites include U2, Tones, Dave Matthews Band, Maroon 5, Red Hot Chili Peppers, REM. I also listen to XM Radio during the day and make myself notes of songs to download from Itunes.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2008 11:11:12 AM
Author:beau13
Well..it''''s 4:30 am here now..I am getting ready to hit my home gym! I LOVE my treadmill..and HAVE to have GREAT tunes pumped LOUD, to keep me running on the treadmill. I get bored of the same tunes, and have about 5-6 different CD''''s I made that I like to listen to for my workouts. I am wondering what song(s) get you pumped, keep you motivated , especially when doing cardio (I have enough slower paced songs I like for weights/strength training). If you have a great song, please share, so I can download it (if I haven''''t already), and burn a CD. Maybe I should make a few copies and send them to you fellow workout Guru''''s? lol

Thanks!

4:30a.m????? ACK!!!!!
23.gif

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
Anything with a great beat.

I LOVE Black Eyed Peas & Latin music!
Black Eyed Peas- Shut Up, Pump It, Don''t Lie
Shakira- Hips Don''t Lie & Whenever, Wherever
Santana- Smooth
Ricky Martin- She Bangs
Marc Anthony- I Need to Know

Going retro is fun too-
Soft Cell-Tainted Love
Abba- Dancing Queen
Dexy''s Midnight Runners- Come On Eileen
Dead or Alive- You Spin Me right round

Other great ones-
Will Smith- Switch
Whitney Houstin- It''s not Right, but it''s OK
Usher- YEAH
Natasha Beddingfield- Unwritten
Kenny Kravitz- American Woman
Gwen Stefani- Hollaback Girl
Destiny''s Child- Lose My Breath
Christina Aguilera- Can''t Hold Us Down, Fighter, and Dirty
Brittany Spears- Stronger & I''m A Slave for You
Timerland- The Way I Are
Madonna & JT- 4 Minutes to Save the World

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Dang Amanda, you and I have almost all of the same songs. Those are all great Christina songs too!!
You have good taste!
36.gif

Giada

Shiny_Rock
In no particular order...here is my workout playlist:

Gwen Stefani - Wind it Up
Katy Perry - I Kissed a Girl
Madonna - Hung Up
Rihanna - Umbrella, Take a Bow
Maroon 5 - Wake Up Call
Silversun Pickups - Lazy Eye
Eminem - Shake That
Foo Fighters - Everlong
Q-Tip - Vivrant Thing
Timbaland - The Way I Are
Beyonce - Check on It
50 Cent - Ayo Technology
Christina Aguilera - Genie in a Bottle

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Flo-Rida ft. T pain - Low
Bon Jovi - It''s my life
Justin Timberlake, Ciara and Timbaland - Give it to me
Toby Keith - Hottie
Garth Brooks - Standing outside the Fire
Garth Brooks - They''ll call your name
Alan Jackson - Good Time
Guns And Roses - Sweet Child of Mine
anything with a rap/hip hop beat to get me moving
The Great Escape
You and your hand
Didn''t steal your boyfrriend
You make me wanna (lala)
American Girl
All American Girl
Before he Cheats
How bout them Cowgirls
That girl is a cowboy
hill billy shoes
hill billy delux
country boy can survive

For Riding:
Anything new age, or classical. I love Vanessa Mae
For yoga - the same

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Try techno music! I can''t listen to it any other time but when I''m running. It''s so upbeat, it helps you with a quick pace! I''m sorry, I don''t have specific bands, but any techno should do!
9.gif

Love2Travel

Shiny_Rock
To get up at 430am to work out I would need a live band in my room. LoL

Work out music:
Disturbed
Korn
Stone Sour
Slipknot
Eminem
50 cent
Kanye (Even though I can''t stand him as a person)

I use my g/f''s ipod shuffle. I love when I am working out and "It''s raining men" comes on. Ugh! lol

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
A few more. . .

Bloc Party "Hunting for Witches"
The Dykeenies "Clean Up Your Eyes"
Fergie
Gwen Stefani "Wind it Up"
Justin Timberlake
Kayne West Stonger
Red Hot Chili Peppers
this is a funny one but I really like the Postal Service.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2008 9:14:42 AM
Author: princesss
I love trashy club music to work out to. You know, Pussycat Dolls, Rhianna, etc. Stuff that plays up the sex appeal, because no matter how nasty I''m looking, I''m working towards looking sexy, KWIM? Plus it generally has a strong beat, which is great to work out to.

I''m the exact same, although I adore listening to Linkin Park when I''m on the threadmill!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results