shape
carat
color
clarity

Music suggestions: Acoustic Guitar

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
We are considering an officiant who plays acoustic guitar during the ceremony (before and after vows)!

Very excited about this, as it is exactly what I imagine for a beach wedding
30.gif

Need some recs for songs he could play after the vows... he would do traditional music before the vows, but I would like something more interesting and more ''us'' afterwards. I love R&B slow jams, and FI loves anything from Rock Band, as well as old school music :) Anyone have any ideas? Go hog wild!

Thanks!!!!!

Tril

Pushin40

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Trill,

Don''t think I am wird for suggesting this, but remember the song More Than Words from the 90''s? (OH MAN who sings it?)
I think I heard an acustic version of it on the radio once, and for some reason this just popped in my head.

Not that I love the song or anything, but the melody is really sweet.

Let me think some more.....music is hard - too many choices!!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/21/2010 12:46:10 PM
Author: Pushin40
Hey Trill,

Don''t think I am wird for suggesting this, but remember the song More Than Words from the 90''s? (OH MAN who sings it?)
I think I heard an acustic version of it on the radio once, and for some reason this just popped in my head.

Not that I love the song or anything, but the melody is really sweet.

Let me think some more.....music is hard - too many choices!!
That one is not ringing a bell... I might have to google it. God I love Youtube!

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
hi!
FI and I are also doing an acoustic guitar (though we are also adding a piano) for our wedding. We are doing two beatles songs for the procession...In My Life for everyone and Here, There and Everywhere for my walk down the aisle with my mom. For the recession, we chose Happy Together by the Turtles which is more upbeat and celebratory sounding.

All of those songs are special to FI and I, but even if they weren''t, the melodies are so nice.

Oh, and the artists who sang More than Words were a band called Extreme. :0)

aliciagirl

Shiny_Rock

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I love Somewhere Over the Rainbow on acoustic guitar.

We had an acoustic guitar at our beach wedding as well--the only issuethat I didn''t think about was that the wind carried away the sound, so I wish I''d positioned the player in a better spot. I wouldn''t change anything else (still the instrument I prefer), I just wish I''d thought about the wind...

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Oh gosh! I am soooo excited to see all of these suggestions!

You will have to forgive me, because I don''t know all of the songs, but I sooooo appreciate each and every suggestion!

Marlie, I do enjoy Beatles tunes, but they are more FI''s forte''. I''ll definitely ask if he knows those songs, or if he has any other Beatles songs in mind! Thank You!!! So classic!

Clairitek, I LOVE I''m yours by Jason Mraz! It was in the tip of my tongue yesterday, but all I could think of was ''Lucky'' by Mraz and Colbie Calliat. I also LOVE ''crash into me'' by DMB. And I listened to Somewhere over the rainbow on guitar like a million times yesterday. It''s so beautiful! Awesome suggestions!

aliciagirl - LOVE Norah Jones, Jack Johnson and The Fray! I''ll have to look up the other artists, though my sister is singing the Josh Radin song in my ear, lol... I should probably check out your link instead...

NEL - Thank you for that tip! I thought about that being an issue, but since we aren''t having guests, I''m thinking it can''t be that bad, right?
33.gif

zipzapgirl

Shiny_Rock
We did acoustic guitar as well. My brother is a musican and he played all of the music.

I Will Be Here by Steven Curtis Chapman (great emotional mid-ceremony song, words are very meaningful)

Open Window by Sarah Harmer (A suggestion from my brother, very chill. We used it as part of the interlude)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5J1Jc7QzRQ

All You Need Is Love by the Beatles

Great song to end on!

Pushin40

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/21/2010 5:52:48 PM
Author: marlie
hi!
FI and I are also doing an acoustic guitar (though we are also adding a piano) for our wedding. We are doing two beatles songs for the procession...In My Life for everyone and Here, There and Everywhere for my walk down the aisle with my mom. For the recession, we chose Happy Together by the Turtles which is more upbeat and celebratory sounding.

All of those songs are special to FI and I, but even if they weren''t, the melodies are so nice.

Oh, and the artists who sang More than Words were a band called Extreme. :0)
Thanks - it was RIGHT on the tip of my tounge!

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Trill!
That''s pretty awesome that you can get a 2-in-1 officiant! For our ceremony I picked out all of the songs and we played them thru an ipod. I really wanted a folksy, laidback vibe and here''s what I chose:

Pre-Ceremony:
The Way I Am - Ingrid Michaelson
Hey, Soul Sister - Train
All I Want is You - Barry Polisar
I''m Yours - Jason Mraz
What I Wouldn''t Do - A Fine Frenzy

Processional:
Amazing Grace - Surfjan Stevens
You''ve Really Got a Hold on Me - She & Him

Recessional:
Life in Technicolor II - Coldplay

I''m sorry I''m too lazy to link to youtube videos.
15.gif

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love acoustic guitar at a wedding! I like:

sheryl crow - i shall believe
Sarah Mclaughlin - answer
Nora Jones - The long day is over/come away with me
John Hiatt - Have a little faith in me
David Grey - Sail away with me/ this years love

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results