shape
carat
color
clarity

music I''m using

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
So I''ve finally made a decision! We aren''t going the traditional route on music. There will be no
Pachelbel! Imagine... ;-)

Here''s our ceremony music lineup:

Somewhere over the rainbow (the Hawaiian guy version) - Seating of the Mothers
Lovely Day (Bill Withers) -- Bridesmaid Processional
My Cherie Amour (Stevie Wonder) - Bridal Processional
You Are My Home (Jason Boles, private recording that I HUNTED DOWN) -in place of a hymn within the ceremony
Everlasting Love (U2) -- Recessional

Beat a Drum (REM) - First Dance
She (Elvis Costello) - Father/Daughter Dance

What do you think? And what are you using?

ky6

Shiny_Rock
I remember when you were hunting down that Jason Boles song. It''s awesome.

Those are some great choices. Just curious though, how are you going to break those off? Are you going to allow the whole song to play? Or are they going to fade out when you are to the altar, mothers seated, bridesmaids up front, etc?

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
We''re looking for a DJ now that can do both the ceremony and the reception so he can do the fading. I don''t think we''d need the whole song on any of them, and the Lovely Day song kind of gets repetitively annoying toward the end, so I don''t want to drag it out that long. On the other hand, with the 6 bridesmaids and 4 flower girls, it may take that long! And we''ll probably have a pretty long aisle since we have so many guests. I''ll definitely need to work on the timing with the DJ. I don''t want it to be "oh, everybody''s here.. NEXT...." It''s not an ipod wedding... too complicated!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results