shape
carat
color
clarity

Multiple Reception Favors?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CNYHopeful

Shiny_Rock
OK, here''s the situation. FI and I have been planning on creating a cd mix of tunes that are important to us ever since we went to our first wedding together two years ago. It''s the thing he''s most excited about planning next to the wedding Mass and honeymoon.

Since my Mom found out about our plans to go to Ireland for our HM, she has ordered and begun handpainting champagne glasses with shamrocks. (I can''t seem to figure out how to resize the pixels w/o making the image too small on the post). I think they''re wonderful and I know how important it is for my Mom to be able to do something creative for the wedding.

I guess my question is, is it OK to have two totally different favors at the wedding? How could we bring these two very different things together?

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Totally OK! What lovely ideas.

Maybe you can make a label with shamrocks or put the CD in a green case/sleeve/envelope/cellophane. Or, make the tag have a shamrock design but in your wedding colors or something.

CNYHopeful

Shiny_Rock
Samples

2March-22-2009-002.jpg

CNYHopeful

Shiny_Rock
Great idea, Elmorton. I was kind of concerned that our wedding colors might clash a little bit. I''m leaning towards a capri blue for bridesmaid dresses (which would work fine) but might choose a pink if the blues are discontinued when we order.

On the other hand, I''ve delegated the centerpieces to my FI''s mom and sister and they''re considering doing a violet for the centerpieces as a contrast to the bridal party colors (they don''t want to "over-do" all one color). I know, it''s my wedding and I should do things my way, but I trust their aesthetic sense much greater than my own. So, perhaps we could have the shamrocks on the cd labels be capri blue (or whatever corresponding color)?

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
Green goes with everything in nature, so I think it''s fine to leave the shamrocks green on your CD, just like they are green on the glasses. Then use a wedding color for the writing.

That''s so nice of your mom to paint all those!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Totally fine! Lovely, actually - both favors sound like they have lovely personal significance for you, your mom, and your FI
1.gif

marchswallowbird

Brilliant_Rock
Don''t do blue shamrocks, they would look very strange. I agree with the "green goes with nature" comment...don''t worry about everything matching exactly. Maybe for the CDs, do a sleeve or cellophane wrapping that uses a mix of green/blue/violet colors and then use a tag on the CDs that has shamrocks on it, to pull everything together?

CNYHopeful

Shiny_Rock
Great ideas, ladies! I feel a lot better about the green then. Thank you!

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
How sweet of your mom!!!

Is there any way to keep the tags the same between the two? That would be an additional element tying things together.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
What El said.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results