shape
carat
color
clarity

Multiple earing piercings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry if this is a dumb question...

I have my ears pierced 2 times in my left ear and 3 times in my right ear. Don''t ask why I have my R ear pierced 3 times - it was something I did one night in college.
2.gif
All the holes are in my lobes; none are at the top of my ear.

My question is, is multiple piercings "out"? I haven''t worn earings in my second or third hole for a while just b/c I''ve been lazy, plus my toddler son always tries to pull my earings out.

Should I just continue to wear one set of earings? I don''t like the look of the empty holes b/c you can still see them, but I don''t want to look like a dork wearing earings in them if it''s passe''.
2.gif

Thanks.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
I have 2 holes in each lobe -- got the second holes done in high school about 1980. I wore diamond studs in the second holes probably until about 10 years ago. Then I stopped for some reason. Now, being 41, I really wish I had never gotten the second holes because I don''t particularly like the way it looks. My holes are still there and pretty noticeable, but there''s not much I can do about that.

I see many younger people (teens and 20s) with 2 or more holes per ear. I don''t think it''s passe. It looks fine if that''s the style you like. But at that age, you don''t think about what the empty holes will look like when your 50. My daughter has 1 hole per ear, but I''m encrouaging her to leave it at that.
20.gif

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Diamondlil. I got the second holes pierced when I was in 8th grade, which was quite a while ago.
2.gif
Of course at the time I didn''t think if I would still want them 20 years later. The holes are pretty noticable too which is what kind of bugs me. I used to wear these really tiny hoops in them that were really cute, but I lost one of them. Maybe I''ll just go buy a new set and try them again for a while. I don''t think I''ll wear anything in the 3rd hole I have. I think that one actually closed up.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t think it''s passe, but then that may be because I have two holes in each ear. I have had them for at least 25 years. I wear diamond studs in the second set and then whatever matches the jewelry I am wearing in the first set. Most women I see around here have at least two holes and wear multiple sets of earrings.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just have one per ear - more than that wouldn''t suit me. But I like to see multiple earrings on other people.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know if I could get a pair through my second holes it''s been so long. Diamond studs in the first holes only. Maybe I''ll get bigger diamond studs and shift the first to the second. Would that look dumb? I don''t like changing my earrings unless it''s a special occassion.

Hamster

Rough_Rock
I used to have a total of 7 piercings, 4 on the right and three on the left (coincidentally, I also can''t remember the reason for one less on the left side). I started adding extra holes in 5th grade and stopped in 8th grade. They used to get infected a lot, so in the end I stopped wearing earrings altogether when I was 15. Fast forward 15 years and I STILL have marks on my ears that make them look like they''re pierced (although the holes have long since closed).

I don''t think two on each side is too much and I do see it a lot, even in women a bit older than myself. I think that as long as you don''t go crazy with gigantic hoops in both sets, it can look quite tasteful.

Not sure that I could pull off 7 earrings anymore though. Is there a way to minimize the appearance of the old holes? I look like I have perforated earlobes, even though I don''t wear earrings. Its kind of annoying.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it depends on if you are a multiple piercing person or not, I am definitely not...and I don't like other types of piercings either, but that's just me. I don't even like 2 ear holes...to me it's something that you do in high school instead of a tattoo or something. But I know some people really like them and get multiples and love them. So I think it just depends on what YOU like. Kids will always get a 2nd ear hole or an ankle tattoo but if you want it long-term is another story!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol - I've been wondering the same thing. All I wear are diamond studs in my first holes, but I do have two and a half additional pairs of diamond earrings (one more set that I bought and then an extra diamond from my mom's set) and I decided just yesterday that I'm going to wear the one from my mom's set [in the second hole I had pierced in HS], so I'll now have two diamonds on my left side. The diamond is big enough, just smaller than the stone on my front hole, that my entire lobe will look glittery.

I'm not sure if this style is exactly in or out, but my thought is I'm not repiercing my ear, so I can just wear the other diamond when I feel like it and where style isn't as important (like trips to Target or at the Park w/my kids
2.gif
).

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/11/2005 11:55:36 PM
Author: Mara
I think it depends on if you are a multiple piercing person or not, I am definitely not...and I don''t like other types of piercings either, but that''s just me. I don''t even like 2 ear holes...to me it''s something that you do in high school instead of a tattoo or something. But I know some people really like them and get multiples and love them. So I think it just depends on what YOU like. Kids will always get a 2nd ear hole or an ankle tattoo but if you want it long-term is another story!
Heehee, I got a tattoo when I turned 30!
9.gif
It''s not visible though unless I''m in a bathing suit so not many people know it is there. When it comes out, it''s usually a big shock to people. I guess I don''t look like the type.
20.gif

The teenage girls in our area all seem to have a bellybutton piercing -- that totally freaks me out.
23.gif

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Interesting topic...I have two holes in my left ear and one in my right. I stopped wearing earings all together and then b/f bought me diamond studs. I wear the studs every day and noticed the second hole looks awful, so I bought a small sapphire to go in my left ear
face23.gif

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
I have two holes in each earlobe. Im lazy to put on earrings generally, but if I wear only my studs (either the .2 or the .4 ones) I will wear just one in each ear. If I wear hoops, Ill either wear them alone or wear them with my smaller .2 studs. I try to balance the amount of "bling" I wear. If I have a tennis bracelet on, Ill wear small silver hoops,etc. I never even thought if two sets at one time is passe or not! I just do what I want and the heck with the rules :)

In college we got stupid one day and I pierced the upper earlobe on my right ear. I did put one in one time before work and my fiance said, "Um, honey. You cannot wear an earring in your upper ear anymore. You are a professional, not a college kid anymore." It did look silly on me when he said that, so I stopped. BUT, sometimes when I go out and want to feel like im not about-to-hit-the-big-3-0-in-2-months, Ill wear one there!!!

I think two holes per lobe though would be my limit, it was even when i was a teen. I do have my belly pierced and love that. Its like my lil secret :)

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have 2 holes in the left ear and one in the right (all at the bottom lobe). Now I want to get the second hole done in the right ear so I can wear a small pair of studs in the upper hole and whatever I want in the lower one. Stupid high school idea to only get a second piercing in one ear.
20.gif
I regret that cuz I still had to pay for both...and now will have to do the same to get it evened out!
14.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
I have three holes in each ear. Plenty of holes for some bling
2.gif
3.gif
hehe.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I took mine out before my wedding because I wanted to wear "normal" earrings and my ears were stretched. I found that I couldn''t get em back in and there was no way I was going to stretch again. YOWCH! So now Im wearing nothin. I need to find something I don''t react to, Stainless studs or something. My 12g mini barbells don''t even go in.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I honestly think that trend has seen better days. I''m 28 and have 3 piercings in each ear. I only wear earrings in the first holes and have done so for about 5 years now. I used to wear earrings in all of them...silver hoops in graduated sizes! Then a guy I was dating made a comment once, something like, "what do you have, like, 25 earrings in?" It was funny at the time, but I realized soon after that it was a little excessive. Now I either wear large silver hoops (for a fun look) or diamond studs. I think you can wear multiples if there isn''t too much going on. One last thought...when we get older, are our earlobes going to look really gross because of all the piercings? Don''t they have a surgery for that now?!!!
9.gif

sparkly_stars

Brilliant_Rock
I just got my second hole pieced, because i like the look of diamond studs in the second hole and then something else in the first(bigger studs, or loops or whatever).. although I AM pretty young, my mom of almost 50 just had hers done before me! she has diamond studs in hers and then wears her gold ones in the first hole.
I like that look (studs in the second)
Again I think its all about choice and preference.. and on how you like to wear things!

snuga

Brilliant_Rock
It''s my own personal preference to just have one piercing in each ear, although I don''t see anything wrong with people wearing multiple earrings. I think it just depends on the circumstances, ie going to target vs. going out. But as long as you''re comfortable, that''s all that really matters.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Pebbles, I have 3 holes in my left lobe, two on m right, and another on my left cartilage. Since I became a mom 3 years ago, I decided it was passe, and took out everything. I only wear 1 carat studs on the first holes. I feel more classy and elegant without all the glitter going on my ears. My cartilage piercing has grown back, I feel a bump, but I can put anything through it anymore. I''ve had the rest since junior high/high school so I doubt they''d grow back. Luckily they are not too noticable because I never wore heavy earings in them, so they are not stretched out.

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve got 3 holes in each ear, but I think 2 are still open per ear. I dont wear anything in the 2nd holes anymore, I rarely wear earrings b/c my ears are sensitive and I just dont have alot of earrings since I always loose one, or a backing or something.

I had my belly button pierced for a long time, about 5 years when I decided to take it out a couple years ago. Now, THERE''S an unattractive extra hole. It''s pretty darn big b/c the jewelry I wore was 14 gauge...

cobaltgirl

Rough_Rock
I have 5 in each ear (thought I generally don''t have more than two filled), but I really love the look of TINY matching studs going up. Really tiny, just enough for a little bit of sparkle, but no bling factor. :)

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Well I wore really small CZ studs in my second holes for the first time in ages and my white gold hoops in the bottom holes. My husband (who usually never notices these kinds of things) asked if I had gotten my ears pierced again. I think I''m more comfortable just wearing one set of earings.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG they do have surgery for stretched/torn/large earlobes! (of course they do, they have surgery for everything under the sun!!!) It''s called otoplasty. Hilarious...kind of like finger lipo.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I''ve gotten 7 ear piercing. 3 on each ear lobe and 1 on my left cartilage. The cartilage never healed properly so I took that out a year so later and it closed. I only wore earrings in all 6 holes for a couple years. I used to love the look of multiple little hoops. Since getting my diamond studs about a year ago, I''ve only worn one pair of earrings. I sort of wish I didn''t have those other holes but it was something I liked doing as a teenager. Once in awhile, I wear my studs in my 2nd or 3rd holes just to make sure they don''t close. I’m not ready for them to be permanently gone. They are small and not noticeable anyways.

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/26/2005 1:15:57 AM
Author: monarch64
OMG they do have surgery for stretched/torn/large earlobes! (of course they do, they have surgery for everything under the sun!!!) It''s called otoplasty. Hilarious...kind of like finger lipo.
I thought otoplasty was the plastic surgery where they pin your ears if your ears stick out?

I''ve got a scar from an eyebrow ring...yet another reminder of an embarassing phase I went through...
14.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results