shape
carat
color
clarity

Sold Multicolor Tahitian bracelet (10.5-12.5mm) from Cees, newly strung, never worn

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually listed this a few months ago, and redacted it, and am now re-listing.

Length:
This bracelet is just under 7.75 inches long including clasp. It would be considered a "standard" length of 7.5 inches if for sale on a website. I'll include an extra (drilled) pearl to add length.

Clasp:
14k YG, brushed-finish, brand new.

About the pearls:
The pearls are unworn - except a handful of times for a few minutes for photos.

They graduate in size from 12.5mm to 10.5mm. I actually purchased multiple strands/singletons and pieced this bracelet together using the "best of" from those other strands, and my priority was colour. These strands/singletons were described to me as exceptionally clean, very lustrous, very colourful, and round. I will be blunt: My standards are higher than this vendor's in most aspects. I personally feel that - aside from colour - this description is overly generous:
  • The pearls are reasonably clean but not "exceptionally" so. If I was a vendor I'd call these AA/AA+ on an A-AAA scale. The pearls read "unblemished" from afar, but up close you can see some fish-bites, streaks, and bumps. My photos accurately show both close-up view and how they read from afar in-person.
  • The pearls have decent luster. Neither poor nor exceptional, but again, "better than average". Luster isn't fully even across the strand - some pearls are more lustrous than others. You can see this in my photos.
  • On shape, these pearls read round. They are not wholly spherical.
  • On colour, the description of "very colorful" doesn't do this strand justice. Colour is where Cees shines, and oh, it shows. This is a lineup of candy. And these pearls *keep* their body colours through a variety of lighting types!!
    Tahitians - even the best Tahitians - have a habit of turning drab grey in unflattering lighting environments, like sunlight. The overtones - that “soap bubble” of colour that shifts as you turn the pearl - only show up in muted, diffuse lighting environments - what you see in most lights is the Tahitian body colour sans overtone. And most Tahitian multicolours don't have vivid body colours, just shades of neutrals/greys. That’s actually why I chose overtone-free pearls for this bracelet - I wanted it to stay “honest” across various lighting types! I'm including some photos comparing with another multicolour bracelet to show both the vivid body colour differences between pearls, and the "stickiness" of those body colours (the other strand has much stronger overtone).

One note on condition:
The area around the drill holes shows some markings. This is due to careless drilling. I was not informed of this at time of purchase (I honestly doubt Cees would have thought to check), and I also did not notice at time of purchase - I know now to check all my pearls! Since the nacre is thick the damage hasn’t breached the nacre layer, and my appraiser’s recommendation was to string these on thread with knots between each pearl to prevent them from rubbing against each other, and that if I do that I shouldn’t have any problems for the lifetime of the pearls. Since I do know about it now, I think it's important to disclose it.

Pricing:
I made multiple independent purchases from Cees, and in all instances I purchased other things as well, so I got slightly discounted pricing just for buying multiple pieces.
My own total for these pearls, including multiple-piece discounts, and before international shipping, stringing, and clasp, was $2498 USD. I'm listing at 20% off that cost: $1998 USD, and am open to offers.

LT: https://loupetroop.com/listings/bra...-12-dot-5mm-from-cees-newly-strung-never-worn

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thaitian2JPG.jpg

tahitian5.png

Tahitian-1PNG.png

tahitian2.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

PNG.png

COMP_2.jpg

COMP_4.jpg

The pearl in this photo is the worst in terms of drill hole markings. These markings are not visible face-up at all, and are shallow and don't breach the nacre. They don't compromise the integrity of the pearl or the drill hole itself.

DrillHoleDrama.jpg

Last edited:

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful bracelet. Dust for sale, the pearls are lovely.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How stunning is this? I feel like I could pop each one in my mouth and taste the sweetest candy. (Bad idea though...)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How stunning is this? I feel like I could pop each one in my mouth and taste the sweetest candy. (Bad idea though...)

I suppose they’d probably pass through pretty easily... If one found that one couldn’t resist it... :lol:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wasn’t clear form the original post, but I am motivated to sell this and am open to offers :))

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Off to a new home :))

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results