shape
carat
color
clarity

Multi pierced ears on wedding day?

iheartbora

Shiny_Rock
Hi Ladies!!

Not sure if I'm over thinking this.... But any of you have multi pierced ears? What did you wear on your wedding day? If I want a romantic classic princess look with an updo hair style, should I only wear one pair of earrings (ie. diamond stud with short pearl drop) and leave the other pierced hole empty? Is it going to look weird in close up photos or not noticeable at all? :confused:

Thanks in advance for your advice! :twirl:

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Hi! I multiple piercings in each ear and I decided I would be taking out the other 2 in each ear. I just think it looks a lot classier to have only one hole used for an occasion like this, but thats just me.

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
I'd say it depends on your hairstyle and what the rest of your jewelry looks like. I wore my hair half up for the big day, so my ears were showing. I had rhinestone and pearl drop earrings in my first holes and tiny diamond studs in my second holes on my wedding day. The stud diamonds were originally in my mother's wedding ring and were a gift to me on my sixteenth birthday, so MAJOR sentimental value as well as being "something old." This pro photo is not a side profile, but you can see how dainty and inconspicuous they were.

hairacckiss.jpg

4ever

Ideal_Rock
I think there is still a little bit of an association left over from previous generations of more than one piercing being is very "low rent" and for a certain KIND of girl, ie; not the good, pure, marrying kind.
IMO if you keep them all similar looking (all diamonds or or diamond and peral etc), keep the additional earrings small and decreet, I don't see why it wouldn't look lovely for your wedding.

I have 4 piercing in one ear and 2 in the other, all recently outfitted with new graduated diamond stud earrings (0.81ctw, 0.25ctw, 0.10ctw) and I plan to wear them all to the wedding and maybe add some little pearl drops to the largest studs. I think it looks beautiful :praise:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Mannequin|1310100766|2964444 said:
I'd say it depends on your hairstyle and what the rest of your jewelry looks like. I wore my hair half up for the big day, so my ears were showing. I had rhinestone and pearl drop earrings in my first holes and tiny diamond studs in my second holes on my wedding day. The stud diamonds were originally in my mother's wedding ring and were a gift to me on my sixteenth birthday, so MAJOR sentimental value as well as being "something old." This pro photo is not a side profile, but you can see how dainty and inconspicuous they were.

hairacckiss.jpg

gorgeous photo (and earrings!)

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
I have two piercings in the regular part of my ear. Does that have a name?

In my left ear I have 2 cartilage piercings. I have tiny princess diamonds in them all the time.

In my right ear I have a piercing half way up the outside. Tiny round diamond in all the time.
I also have my tragus pierced in my right ear. I have a silver hoop with a bead of . . some color. Can't remember right now.

I wore pearl earrings that matched the rest of my jewelry in my bottom regular hole. None in the second. All the rest of the earrings stayed in. Not very noticeable in any of the photos imo.

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
I will be wearing my everyday diamond studs in my second holes and then my wedding earrings in the first ones. My studs are my favorite earrings and my ears would feel a bit naked without them to be honest. I would think the empty hole would look stranger than if a small earring were in it, especially if you had more than just one extra hole. Although I suppose that a good photog could photoshop out the tiny hole, yes?

mrswahs

Shiny_Rock
A good photographer could not only photoshop out a tiny hole, but also a small stud.

I will be wearing my small diamond studs in my second holes.

iheartbora

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all your feedback ladies!! Much appreciated :twirl: I think all the options are great options!

My wedding is still a year away, I think I am going to forgo the second hole to simplify things. I'll get it pierced after the wedding so that I have an excuse to get a pair of small studs, LOL!! :rodent:

Just got a pair of halo jackets... not sure if I'm completely in love with it. Will post some pictures in Show me the Bling this weekend for some feedback!! :bigsmile:

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have three holes in each lobe, a cartilage piercing in the top of my left ear, and my rook pirced on the right ear. I took all of them out and wore a single diamond stud (.5ct each) in the bottom piercing of each lobe. I like the simple, classic look for a bride, and I love the way Mannequin wore hers, with teeny bling in the upper hole and a drop in the lower. Gorgeous!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
My ears are double pierced and I chose to only wear one pair of earrings on my wedding day. I tend to like that look best, but I do love what Mannequin chose to do.

000Ed

Rough_Rock
I wore 3 in my left ear and 1 in my right to a wedding with my hair in a bun and I am a guy. I actually got lots of complements. I now have a conch and a 2nd hole in my right lobe. I wear a hoop in my conch mostly.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results