shape
carat
color
clarity

Mt. Whitney?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

oewyo

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone...I''m new here!

I think these forums are great and especially this thread!! I just purchased a 1.52 carat e-ring from Blue Nile and should receive it any day now. Although I''ll have the ring I have no idea how or when I should propose. I''m usually pretty good coming up with ideas, but I''m really over thinking (probably because it''s the one surprise that will matter the most to her).

One idea that I''ve been thinking about is holding off the proposal until June 5th. We have permits and we''re taking a few days off to do a one-day hike up Mt. Whitney in Northern CA. What do you guys think about proposing at the summit once we reach the top? Do you think it''s too much? Especially since she won''t be able to call her friends/family until we hike all the way back down? Any ideas?

I do think it would be cool to say "Babe, I''d climb any mountain for you!" haha...

Any feedback would be appreciated!

choyoyo

Rough_Rock
Hi oewyo, welcome!

I think Mt Whitney would be a great idea. Are you guys planning on camping at trail camp to acclimate to the elevation first? The change in elevation is pretty drastic. And you definitely get pretty good cell phone reception at the top.

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
I think that''s a great idea. It''s definitely not too much.
36.gif

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Are you guys both avid climbers? If so, I think it's a fantastic idea. My husband and I love to climb and I always figured he'd propose on a summit or we'd get married on a summit, haha. If she's not much of a climber, though, she may be so exhausted by the time you summit that all she wants to do is rest and get back down. There was another PSer who planned to propose on top of half dome and eventually decided against it (maybe he'll post). He said he was thankful he didn't because he didn't realize he didn't realize how drained they would be. I personally think it's a fantastic idea and would love it!

ETA: One very minor point: she may not be able to wear the ring due to swelling from the climb, but I don't think that's really a factor

oewyo

Rough_Rock
Thanks Everyone!

Choyoyo...we are doing a day hike, but arriving a day early to acclimate to the elevation, probably do a short 2 or 3 mile hike the day before. Good to know that cell phone reception is good at the summit :)

NewEnglandLady...we aren''t avid climbers, but this is something we''ve been wanting to do for awhile (particularly her!)so when we received the permits last week we were both excited! We are runners and typically run on average 12-15 miles a week, I know the altitude is going to be a HUGE factor and that we''ll be exhausted once we reach the summit, but if we plan and pace accordingly we should have about 1/2 hour to an hour to rest and take in the view before we start the decent.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results