shape
carat
color
clarity

Movies and diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mia15

Shiny_Rock
It''s hot, I''m unproductive, and then there''s the question of what to put in my Netflix queue.

Can any lovely PSers recommend films with scenes of exceptional sparklies? (I mean, product placement and all, right?)

I know, it''s an illness...

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
The Notebook! For some reason I''m totally in love with that movie...and it maybe because of the fantastic engagement ring she gets from Guy #2 (Lan...or lawn?)! My husband laughs at me when I do frame by frame to get a good look at it when she''s wearing it while making out with Guy #1 (Noah!) Her Mom in the movie has a big rock as well, and it spins around and the stone is on the inside of her hand in one scene and I keep thinking that she should have gotten a Euro-shank!

Part of it the reason I love the movie is because it deals with the disease my Grandfather died of, which is Alzeimer''s, and it reminds me of how weird it was for us, seeing him not knowing who we were. He thought he was still 28 (pre-marriage) and he tried to charm all the women in the family into marrying him, it was alternately sad but could also be hilarious at times as well! Luckily for all, he was a very very goodnatured patient, and was even happier than he was previously and didn''t seem to suffer at all!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
While You Were Sleeping, when the guy proposes to Sandra Bullock at the station and drops the blinging solitaire through the ticket window.....Connie Selleca in She Led Two Lives has a very nice 3 carater or so with the odd closeup
3.gif
Bionic Ever After, Lindsey Wagner''s big blingage from Steve Austin
17.gif
Ok Ok I LOVE afternoon TV!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello! My favorite jewelry movie is "The Great Gatsby" (1974). Cartier supplied all the jewelry, even for the extras. Be sure to keep a mop and drool bucket handy.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Madam B reminded me!
9.gif
If any of you have a copy of my all time favourite, The Thorn Birds, check out the ginormous cushion worn by Barbara Stanwyck! It is superb and must be about 8 carats or so at a guess
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
PBS - has had several documentaries about Diamonds.

Titanic ( but the blue diamond in that wasn''t a diamond)

Pink Panther movies

Diamonds are Forever - James Bond

Mickey Blue Eyes

Several other movies called Diamonds.... an old one with Burt Reynolds as a diamond thief that burglarizes one of the diamond center security systems.

Rockdoc

pinkflamingo

Brilliant_Rock
sweet home alabama- LOVE the Tiffany's scene! Just magical, and then Reese's choice is just HUGE- how big is that Lucida?

Stepford wives has quite a lot of bling, but a boring movie!

Not a movie- but I love Gabi's ring in desperate housewives. Does anyone have a closeup? it is a stunner!

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
I also like Sweet Home Alabama and that ring Reese picked out. I too want to know HOW big is that honker??? Granted her ring size is probably small but any guesses? 3+??

I watch Sex and the City and freeze the frames for Charlottes ER (the Harry Winston EC and her original round Tiffany from Trey)

Hubby teases me to no end
38.gif
38.gif

lizzyd

Shiny_Rock
To Catch a Thief, Cary Grant, Grace Kelly, Monaco, gems...

30.gif

glitterkitty

Shiny_Rock
High Society - Grace Kelly''s ering from Prince Rainier
18.gif

mia15

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/21/2006 7:27:23 AM
Author: Madam Bijoux
Hello! My favorite jewelry movie is ''The Great Gatsby'' (1974). Cartier supplied all the jewelry, even for the extras. Be sure to keep a mop and drool bucket handy.

LOL, Madam Bijoux! Yum, Cartier...

I knew I could count on PSers to know this stuff. I predict a mysterious rise in popularity for all the movies mentioned. I haven''t seen most of these yet and these will go on my summer list.

I''ve heard a lot of people mention the ring in the Notebook.

SeattleSparkle

Brilliant_Rock
How to Lose A Guy in 10 days with Kate Hudson and Matthew McConaughey. He works at an ad agency and works on a big diamond campaign. During a gala, all of the girls are invited to "frost themselves" with any diamond piece they wish to wear for the night. Kate gets to wear this incredible honking yellow diamond named "Isadora." I don''t know if they are real in the movie, but if they aren''t, its sure nice to pretend. Its a great chick flick comedy. I highly recommend it.

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/21/2006 11:39:58 AM
Author: Snooper

I watch Sex and the City and freeze the frames for Charlottes ER (the Harry Winston EC and her original round Tiffany from Trey)

Hubby teases me to no end
38.gif
38.gif

I love the rings on Sex and the City! I also rather enjoy the episode where Aiden plans on proposing to Carrie with the "bad ring" and Samantha convinces him to trade it.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did anyone see ''Entourage'' last night? There''s an amusing plot line involving a diamond ring. (I won''t say what happened in case people haven''t seen seen it yet.)

Sparkling Spirit

Rough_Rock
What a fun topic! My first thought as to favorite diamond movie is "Gentleman Prefer Blondes" with Marilyn Monroe as a diamond-obsessed showgirl. Part of the plot is driven by a diamond 'gift' from a would-be suitor, taken right out of his wife's jewelry collection! But the best is the scene in the pink dress (emulated by Madonna in a music video).

More recently, "Maid in Manhattan" has a Cinderella scene involving a Harry Winston wreath. Gorgeous! Until very recently, I haven't followed diamonds and jewelry that much. It's a 'bling bug' that has only recently bitten me, lol! However, the sight of that necklace in "Maid in Manhattan" made me sit up and take notice... I've never forgotten it!

Another nice Cinderella scene is from "Pretty Woman," when Richard Gere gives Julia Roberts a lovely necklace and earring set to wear for a dream night out to the S.F. Opera. ...such a lovely movie moment!

Thanks for the topic. It brought a great big smile to my face, and at a much cheaper cost than the actual jewels!

By the way, I love old movies... and TCM just broadcast "Gentlemen Marry Brunettes" with Jane Russell. I am guessing that this movie is a sequel to "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes," which also starred Jane Russell. I have recorded it and look forward to watching soon, if it has good jewelry I'll be back to post!

* Edited to correct typos. Oops!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results