shape
carat
color
clarity

Movers

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cellososweet

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Everyone!

Due to some truly odd circumstances and some crabby luck, we''re moving cross country (AGAIN!). I''m on modified bedrest, so I can''t be my typical take-charge self when it comes to this move. My Mum is going to come to help us pack (bless her, she''s so cute), but I was wondering if anyone had used a moving service where you pack and they drive?

They seem to be really popular and there are tons of choices. I was just wondering if anyone had any personal experience. And also, if you could recommend full-service moving companies that don''t cost two arms and a leg, that would be great too.

Thanks everyone!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well we used S&M (don't laugh!) and while our experience was mixed (we had problems with our driver on delivery day) the company was really awesome and made sure everything was fixed. But we were a corporate client so I don't know if that made a difference with how we were treated.

Gypsy also recommended Broadway Express to us before I knew we had to use my DH's company's company of choice. And one of my best friends is in the process of moving with them now (her stuff is in storage) but she said so far the company has been great. So you might try them.

cellososweet

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks neat! My husband would laugh so hard if we went with S&M. I can imagine his reaction now. Sarcastic look "Yeah, you would." Haha. I''ll look into Broadway as well.

Cheers!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
yes, we just used mayflower and would highly recommend them. we packed everything except for mirrors + artwork that they wrapped for us. a rep came out, looked at what we had to give us an accurate estimate. moving day came, a several hard working men showed up. they moved all of our pre-packed boxes, furniture and wrapped up our mirrors + artwork. the trucks get weighed and we actually got a refund because the weight was less than the estimate [probably since we packed our own boxes, and i packed most of them and i had to be able to move them!]

one thing i loved about mayflower, and maybe other companies do this too, is that they tagged each item with a code. that code was put on a master checklist with a description by it as to what the item was. when the movers arrived at our new home, we were then given the master checklist and as each item was removed from the truck, they called out the code and i was able to check each thing off the checklist making sure all of our items were delivered.

i don't think i'll ever do a move without hiring movers. i loved having their help. it was positively stress free.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
oh, and one thing we learned in the process is that not all companies are licensed to drive across state lines. make sure the company you hire is able to do so legally. i know i wouldn''t want one company doing part of the work and them hiring out to do the rest. at least not when it comes to my belongings.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results