shape
carat
color
clarity

motivation to get in shape

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/10/2009 6:56:39 PM
Author: Luckyeshe
For me personally, I found a picture of me at my heaviest and another of me in my bikini at my skinniest. Put them both on the fridge with a note to self, 'Which do you want to be when you get married'....it keeps me from eating junk....
That's a great idea!

I do something similar, but not with pictures of myself. I keep a folder of "motivation pics" on my computer, of women who I think have beautiful (attainable) bodies. Whenever I'm trying to keep up motivation, I scroll through those pics. It's something I picked up over on sparkpeople (another great source of motivation).

I'm amazed looking at what people eat (or don't, and when)... I have to eat every couple of hours or I just feel like I'm gonna DIE! I have lots of little meals throughout the day. That's how I've always been. If I tried to fix my diet into a breakfast-lunch-dinner set, I'd fall off the wagon REALLY fast!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Ok. I am not a BIW (I am already married) but I did gain some weight over the school year. I was so exhausted when I got home that I didn''t work out as much as I should have. Anyways, this summer my hubby bought me the Wii Active game for the Wii. It is awesome. I don''t know if you have a Wii, but if you do this is a great program for you. It is a personal trainer that has workout at different intensity levels. If you do the 30 day challenge, you will DEFINITELY see some results! I did this, combined with other cardio workouts every day, and I lost 9 pounds in about 30 days!

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
i don''t have a wii, but i want one! that sounds like a lot of fun! i traveled all day yesterday to alabama, and was good at the airport! i was on two flights, and only had the delta cookies on one :). so i hope this is not annoying, but i want to post what i ate yesterday.
breakfast: a peach and 4 oz fat free yogurt, coffee
lunch: grilled chicken salad
snack: biscoff cookies
snack: 2 glasses of wine (i know, i know...i am visiting my mom to do our final wedding planning and she had several wines for me to "sample"..i had no choice)
dinner: salad, bruschetta, i split some pasta with a light tomato sauce for dinner

all and all this was a good day.

marlie: the picture idea is a great one! since i am visiting my mom, i can VERY EASILY find unflattering and heavier pictures of myself to use as motivation. good idea.
DRESS FITTING #1 today!!

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/12/2009 10:19:01 AM
Author: cocolaw
i don''t have a wii, but i want one! that sounds like a lot of fun! i traveled all day yesterday to alabama, and was good at the airport! i was on two flights, and only had the delta cookies on one :). so i hope this is not annoying, but i want to post what i ate yesterday.
breakfast: a peach and 4 oz fat free yogurt, coffee
lunch: grilled chicken salad
snack: biscoff cookies
snack: 2 glasses of wine (i know, i know...i am visiting my mom to do our final wedding planning and she had several wines for me to ''sample''..i had no choice)
dinner: salad, bruschetta, i split some pasta with a light tomato sauce for dinner

all and all this was a good day.

marlie: the picture idea is a great one! since i am visiting my mom, i can VERY EASILY find unflattering and heavier pictures of myself to use as motivation. good idea.
DRESS FITTING #1 today!!

Way to go! That all sounds yummy by the way. If you ever get a chance, you should check out the Healthier Lifestyle forum. Lots of useful information there.

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Ditto the HLT....also, someone may have suggested this already, but I LOVE thedailyplate.com for calorie tracking/excercise tracking. It''s super easy and I like being able to SEE what I have eaten and where I am with my calories so that I know I am not eating too few/too many.

PS I LOVE biscoffs! Darn you, Delta!

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Has anyone tried P90x as a way to get in shape for the wedding? FI is getting it for us to do together. He''s of course tall and skinny, wanting some muscle, and I want to tuck and tone. I''m doing Zumba, Body Pump (honey I am also ADDICTED) and sometimes spinning, but I remind myself that I can do anything for a few months, right? 7.5 weeks until my wedding! Can''t do the whole 90 days of P90x, but hopefully 45 days of it will still do some good! Also, cutting carbs whenever possible has worked for me. I could still lose 20 lbs...but just concentrating on looking like me, just the best and healthiest version of me.

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
I am having a tough time with this as well. My sister and I are operating on the "no fat brides/bridesmaids" mantra. However, a girl in my office is getting married too and she is 5''9'''', a size 2, with beautiful skin and she eats taco bell, processed foods, and potato chips all day long. She doesn''t exercise either. I''m 5''5'''', a jiggly size 8, and blotchy skin and I eat apples, lettuce, a palm-sized portion of lean chicken with no dressing...you get the idea. I exercise every other day and I hate it!

My sister keeps telling me that I''ll be better off in the long run but it''s very tough to stay on the straight and narrow when I go to work and see that every day.
7.gif

Date: 8/12/2009 10:48:45 AM
Author: charbie
Has anyone tried P90x as a way to get in shape for the wedding? FI is getting it for us to do together. He''s of course tall and skinny, wanting some muscle, and I want to tuck and tone. I''m doing Zumba, Body Pump (honey I am also ADDICTED) and sometimes spinning, but I remind myself that I can do anything for a few months, right? 7.5 weeks until my wedding! Can''t do the whole 90 days of P90x, but hopefully 45 days of it will still do some good! Also, cutting carbs whenever possible has worked for me. I could still lose 20 lbs...but just concentrating on looking like me, just the best and healthiest version of me.

What is P90x?

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
ts44...please don''t concern yourself with other people. They could be dying on the inside, you have no idea. I''ll give you a short story. Now that my friends and I are in our 30''s you start to see the difference in the women who did not take care of themselves early on. One in particular used to be very very tiny and still is but I swear all she eats is cookies. Anyway, her skin used to be gorgeous and she used to have no fat anywhere. Not the case anymore is all I will say.

As far as motivation, the scale really helps me. I know it shouldn''t but I only weigh myself once a week. Seeing the number go down really helps.

soontowed

Shiny_Rock
I totally agree too. It''s ridiculous. I cannot beleive how quickly I got in shape from running. In a few weeks my body was transformed. Excersice does amazing things to the body.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results