shape
carat
color
clarity

Moths ate my burberry scarf!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Peepa

Shiny_Rock
One small hole and a couple of places where it is thinner than the rest. I took it to my dry cleaners to get it fixed and it doesn''t look that great. Anyone have any suggestions? Has this happened to any of you? I''m so bummed.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Sorry no suggestions, just sympathy
39.gif

(Ps. maybe one suggestion, you make a teeny tiny moth vodoo doll and get some pins. See how that moth would like some holes?
11.gif
)

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ugh I hate moths. Unfortunately I think in this case prevention is really all you can do. The biggest thing you can do is get EVERYTHING washed or dry cleaned before storing it for the season. Moths love human odors.

Peepa

Shiny_Rock
Well, Burberry said to bring it in. They need to see it before they can tell me it''s fixable.
I thought maybe one of you had done this.
I''m afraid it''ll cost me an arm and a leg.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
I have not dealt with Burberry but I have found LV repairs to be reasonable, although I have not had textiles fixed so all I can do is wish you luck! Sorry I am pretty useless here!

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry to hear about your scarf .....
7.gif

*****Repair Dust******

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
I have no advice but can relate to your problem. I have had moths for a couple years now. I had a wool dress hanging in my guest bedroom closet that had a hole eaten in it. Fortunately, the moths have not gotten worse. I see one flying around maybe every couple days. I haven''t had anything eaten in my master bedroom closet though. I''ve read that moths prefer inactivity so maybe because of the fact that we''re in that closet all the time we don''t have a problem. I am sort of the "antichemical queen" which is why I haven''t had anyone come in and spray or whatever it is that they do. It is really annoying though. I think I''d be sick if I had a Burberry scarf that a moth ate a hole in. Ugh!

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
For prevention in the future, those cedar blocks really do help. I hate the way they smell, but it works.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results