shape
carat
color
clarity

Mother's Day?

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I got my Mom a really pretty trellis for her yard. I liked it so much I treated myself to one. :loopy:

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Kaleigh|1336701606|3192637 said:
I will be sharing the day with MIL and kids and DH. Had a death in the family. It's hitting me hard. It's my god father. I was very very close to him and this hits at the same time I lost my Nanny...

My god father passed of cancer, and was a riot.. I felt him passing on Monday. I didn't know until yesterday that I was right about the timing.

I guess my message is, love your loved ones, hold them close.

My condolences, Kaleigh.

I'm very sad on this mother's day because even though she wasn't a mother I miss my aunt and my grandfather my mother's father who died a few months after my aunt he died a few months ago.

This will be my mother's first Mother's Day without her father. What's worse is I called her a couple days ago and she has bronchitis in one of her lungs. It's being treated but it's pretty serious, she's very sick and she can't work.

I was just thinking about my mother and my grandfather last night and I got so depressed. My grandfather's death has been hard on my mother although she would never say it I know it's true, my father fell and broke his ribs, and now she's sick.

I'm going to call her on Mother's Day. Things have been complicated between her and me for awhile now, but I'm just worried about her.

Stay strong, Kaleigh. I'm saying prayers for you.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My mom has two mother's days. British one in March and US one in April. She usually gets a card and a phone call. My mother, father, and sister all get one gift per year, given on the occasion closest to when I find something I want to give them. I don't like feeling like I need to come up with something just because it's Mother's Day, or Christmas, or whatever other occasion. They get cards.

My mother's one present this year was a Kindle and a Kindle cover - given between the 2 Mother's Days.
My sister's was earrings - given between graduation and her birthday.
I haven't found my father's present yet! He cares more about getting items on the actual day so requires a bit more planning - no random "It's Thursday and I just found your perfect present!" for him.

If I lived closer I'd cook them a meal, but it's too long of a flight to prepare one meal.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
My sister, brother and I got our Mom the I-Pad as a group gift. She's been wanting one for awhile now, so I can't wait to see her face when she opens her gift!!! Happy Mother's Day!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Imdanny|1336823286|3193711 said:
Kaleigh|1336701606|3192637 said:
I will be sharing the day with MIL and kids and DH. Had a death in the family. It's hitting me hard. It's my god father. I was very very close to him and this hits at the same time I lost my Nanny...

My god father passed of cancer, and was a riot.. I felt him passing on Monday. I didn't know until yesterday that I was right about the timing.

I guess my message is, love your loved ones, hold them close.

My condolences, Kaleigh.

I'm very sad on this mother's day because even though she wasn't a mother I miss my aunt and my grandfather my mother's father who died a few months after my aunt he died a few months ago.

This will be my mother's first Mother's Day without her father. What's worse is I called her a couple days ago and she has bronchitis in one of her lungs. It's being treated but it's pretty serious, she's very sick and she can't work.

I was just thinking about my mother and my grandfather last night and I got so depressed. My grandfather's death has been hard on my mother although she would never say it I know it's true, my father fell and broke his ribs, and now she's sick.

I'm going to call her on Mother's Day. Things have been complicated between her and me for awhile now, but I'm just worried about her.

Stay strong, Kaleigh. I'm saying prayers for you.
Hugs back. Mother's day is hard for many. So many memories, and for many losses. I am keeping a Bright shiny smile as as have graduation parties tonight, and want to accept the love that I have here in the physical world. I am very blessed, and I think we should take a moment to count all the blessings we DO have. Not discounting the grieving or the hurt, but be happy for what joy you have today...

And can I just admitt, I miss my 2 dogs more than anyone?? I know I am horrid in saying that...

I just pray miss Charlie Pants lives as long as Casper, because she is my life. She is my bright light and she saved me from a deep depression.

And she came to me without any planning, but has been such a huge blessing to us all. My kids really could not move past losing Casper.

Now they light up upon seeing her and she loves them to no end. So just when you think it's all dark, there comes the light.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
We got my mum and MIl a set of lightweight kitchen knives each as they both keep borrowing our good carving knife and take weeks to return it.

I ordered my diamond jackets about 4 weeks ago and I was patiently waiting for the shipment advice when I got a text from my husband to say that I was busted and that he had just signed for my package. :o turns out he was more than happy about it because he didn't have to think about what to get me for mothers day anymore. So I guess I got some diamond jackets. :love:

D

Deactivated member 42515

Gypsy said:
YayTacori|1336761441|3193218 said:
I would love to do something for my mom on mothers day. But my mom is not a nice person and truthfully, even if I did do something for her, she complains it's not enough. Every year she says not to get her anything but if we don't, he gets extremely upset. But if we do, she complains that we used money. It's a lose lose situation for my brother and me.

Edited for typo

My mom is a pain too honey. She's doing EXACTLY this, this year. It's driving me nuts. She said in a martyred tone, just come up and I'll buy us some stuff for breakfast and we'll eat together. No presents, nothing please. But I KNOW her and if I don't do something for it she'll bring it up anytime she wants to guilt me into something as proof that I don't love her. Yes, she uses those exact words.

I was like :rolleyes: Oy. So I told her I'd buy the groceries for breakfast, and offered her favorite : eggs benedict. And I'll be adding prosciutto and melon and mimosas to that to round it out. And flowers. That way, I don't spend so much she'll complain, but I don't spend too little so she'll complain. It's a fine line.

HUGS for you dealing with the same thing.

MIL already has her Nook and is in raptures over it. So I'm really happy about that. To make up for my mom, god gave me the easiest MIL on the planet. Grateful for anything you do for her, always kind, loving and supportive.
Hey there Gypsy. How'd mothers day go for you?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results