shape
carat
color
clarity

Mother of the Groom

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Class n Sass

Shiny_Rock
Has anyone heard about the Mother of the Groom traditionally wearing blue? My FMIL mentioned it to me but I wasn''t sure so I told her I would find out.

Thanks

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
nope- never heard that... only "real" tradition is that the MOB typically picks her dress first, and then the MOG goes w/ a color that doesn''t clash/compete w/ the MOB dress.

There is a cocktail napkin out there that says the Mother of the Groom should wear beige and be quiet, but my MIL apparently never got that memo.

Class n Sass

Shiny_Rock
dtnyc...that''s funny...i guess i''m lucky because my FMIL is being very quiet...thank goodness

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Blue is one of my wedding colors, so as long as she doesn''t get a bridesmaid dress, I''d be fine with it. Never heard of the tradition though.

My FMIL wants to wear FUSCHIA. Yes. Really. My mom hasn''t picked her dress yet, but at least I know it won''t be FUSCHIA.

I said "ok". If I argued her dress would be much worse than if I say "sure, whatever makes you happy". Time will tell if she buys something in that color or not.

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
my mom wore blue grey dress to my sisters wedding but I didn''t know there was a tradtion, all I knew what she got to pick it out and where whatever she wanted

ThefutureSB

Rough_Rock
At my first wedding, my mom wore a pretty green dress (her fave color) and my (ex)MIL wore a champagne colored dress.... i''ve never heard that saying either...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results