shape
carat
color
clarity

Most OVERRATED.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
....whatever.

I know there are websites dedicated to the most overrated athlete, media star, etc., but what in your opinion ranks up there for the most overrated...anything?

For me, I think it might be one of those floor mop thingies--the Swiffer. I guess I expected too much, but really it really just ends up moving the dirt around (note to self to vacuum more
3.gif
). OH, and that groups of cutie singers--Il Divo, I dunno they just didn''t do it for me. A lot of screaming I thought....

Since this is Friday, and the Tiffany thread seems to have been laid to rest
9.gif
, how venting/haivng some laughs and share what is the most overrated "whatever" to you......

cheers--Sharon

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I dunno, Sharon. I like the swiffer duster - it''s better than my wet rag cloth for picking up dust on furniture.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
OK, another huge swiffer fan here. Actually, I love my swiffer so much. Some times I pat the handle and say "Swiffer, I love you!" Especially with hair in the bathroom. Magic. And that elbow pivotting joint thingy. YES! I love it. Maybe you have ''cowboy dirt'' up there in Calgary! Tougher, more stubborn and recalcitrant dirt. Dirt that''s half prairie, half mountain in its soul. They should invent the "Swiffer - Cowboy Edition" for Albertans.
3.gif

And speaking of magic, the Mr. Clean ''Magic Sponge'' is my other fave.

As for overrated, chocolate bars in the US. I just stopped eating them because they taste like refined corn syrup and wax. I keep thinking I want one, and I keep being disappointed. Where''s the chocolate people?!?! It''s called a ''chocolate bar''!

And overrated movies: I actually hated ''American Beauty''. I recently saw ''Moulin Rouge'' and was all ''whaaa?!?!?''

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sharon,
I buy the wet swiffer stuff to use on my floors and sweep before. I love the swiffer. LOL.

Indy, I also hated "American Beauty." People kept saying how good it was and I was like
20.gif

I think Starbucks is overrated *as she goes and hides*.

ETA: I agree Deco that Cold Stone Creamery is overrated too

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Most overrated:

ICE CREAM .... Cold Stone Creamery. Don''t know what magical experience I was expecting but it did not live up to its hype. It''s just stuff mixed into hard ice cream. Period.

TV SHOW ... Desperate Housewives. 100% Meh.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
I so agree with the Cold Stone Creamery thing, Deco. I tried it once and thought, well, this is some fairly tasty, but basically mediocre ice cream. Never went back.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/21/2007 5:02:30 PM
Author: Independent Gal
OK, another huge swiffer fan here. Actually, I love my swiffer so much. Some times I pat the handle and say ''Swiffer, I love you!'' Especially with hair in the bathroom. Magic. And that elbow pivotting joint thingy. YES! I love it. Maybe you have ''cowboy dirt'' up there in Calgary! Tougher, more stubborn and recalcitrant dirt. Dirt that''s half prairie, half mountain in its soul. They should invent the ''Swiffer - Cowboy Edition'' for Albertans.
3.gif

As for overrated, chocolate bars in the US. I just stopped eating them because they taste like refined corn syrup and wax. I keep thinking I want one, and I keep being disappointed. Where''s the chocolate people?!?! It''s called a ''chocolate bar''!

And overrated movies: I actually hated ''American Beauty''. I recently saw ''Moulin Rouge'' and was all ''whaaa?!?!?''
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy, I agree that Starbucks is over-rated. I don''t buy their fancy concoctions, and their regular coffee always tasted very bitter to me. It made me wonder whether they re-used the grounds.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
HMMM....

Celebrity? Paris Hilton
Book?.......................Harry Potter. (Runs to hide with Skippy....although she probably wouldn''t want to be seen with me!)
Movie? Napolean Dynamite
Athlete? I think they are all overPAYrated
TV Show? Desperate housewives, for sure.
Food? Bisquits and gravy. Especially country gravy. Maybe it''s because I''m from the northeast, but country gravy to me is nothing but paper mache with salt and pepper. lol. Remember when you''d make paper mache with flower and water?
Song? That "Hate me" song by blue october
Ooh, another overrated food: Sushi. Granted I love it. But I love only about 2% of the types of sushi there is.
Store? Forever 21.....their clothes are ruined after 3 cycles in the washing machine.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
That flea and tick stuff from the vet you put on your dog''s neck. Never works. Why do I keep doing it?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/21/2007 5:33:55 PM
Author: luckystar112
HMMM....

Celebrity? Paris Hilton
Book?.......................Harry Potter. (Runs to hide with Skippy....although she probably wouldn't want to be seen with me!)
Movie? Napolean Dynamite
Athlete? I think they are all overPAYrated
TV Show? Desperate housewives, for sure.
Food? Bisquits and gravy. Especially country gravy. Maybe it's because I'm from the northeast, but country gravy to me is nothing but paper mache with salt and pepper. lol. Remember when you'd make paper mache with flower and water?
Song? That 'Hate me' song by blue october
Ooh, another overrated food: Sushi. Granted I love it. But I love only about 2% of the types of sushi there is.
Store? Forever 21.....their clothes are ruined after 3 cycles in the washing machine.
Add grits to the bisquits and gravy
I agree w/being overrated Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan and those others.
American Idol
Not true at all Luckystar sweetie, w/you and Madam we could have a party.
emotion-19.gif
heeheee

ETA: I agree In n Out burgers are overrated but I do love the fries! Here in NM we have the Blake's Lotaburger and boy does that kick I&O's butt.
9.gif

I thought of another one, Hummers. I don't like them and you can't park them w/out taking up 2 spots.

Sharon, kudos, great thread and lots of fun!!

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Crocs.

Leonardo DiCaprio (sorry, I was kinda rooting for him to go down with the ship in Titanic)

Maybelline Great Lash Mascara

My own wedding (my mom''s version of it at least
3.gif
)

MTV

Many of Oprah''s Favorite things.

Did I say Leo DiCaprio already?
9.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
We bought a swiffer mop and hated it. Like you said, it did a fabulous job of pushing dirt around, but we could have done that with our feet for free. Such a waste of money!

I think you have to be in California for this one (though I'm not sure), but In-N-Out, a burger joint that is worshipped in Los Angeles is SO overrated. I found it to be incredibly mediocre. MEH burgers and bland, soggy fries are not what I was expecting, but what I've received the handful of times I've been.

ETA: I third Napoleon Dynamite as a wildly overrated movie! Not funny, even though it tried so hard to be.

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Haha... I wish I could agree on the Starbucks, but then I find myself in there at least 3x a week....
41.gif
I''m trying to make more of an effort to stick with independent coffee shops though!

My latest over-rated rant: private colleges and their ghastly tuitions. I do see the value if you end up with an Ivy League name to put on your resume (I''m still paying off 2 such graduate degrees
20.gif
)... there are definite job benefits, sad as it may be. But otherwise, UGH... I had an excellent undergrad education at $60,000 total... while my brother''s cost $200,000 for essentially the same thing. Yes, there are advantages/disadvantages to private vs. public... but are those advantages worth an extra $140,000?
23.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/21/2007 5:40:39 PM
Author: EBree
We bought a swiffer mop and hated it. Like you said, it did a fabulous job of pushing dirt around, but we could have done that with our feet for free. Such a waste of money!
HI:

Whew! I was beginning to get a complex (like that is possible
9.gif
). I am tempted to buy one of those shower scrubby things (looks like a Swiffer and is probalby made by them) but am afraid I''ll find that it is overrated.

Oh and stainless steel appliances--simply impossible to keep perfectly clean and lookin fab on a regular basis.

cheers--Sharon

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/21/2007 6:03:36 PM
Author: canuk-gal

HI:

9.gif
). I am tempted to buy one of those shower scrubby things (looks like a Swiffer and is probalby made by them) but am afraid I''ll find that it is overrated.

Oh and stainless steel appliances--simply impossible to keep perfectly clean and lookin fab on a regular basis.

cheers--Sharon
Sharon hear you on the stainless steel appliances. PITA to keep clean, smudge free. Not good for a anal PS''er like me. Hehe.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/21/2007 6:08:50 PM
Author: Kaleigh

HI:

9.gif

cheers--Sharon
Sharon hear you on the stainless steel appliances. PITA to keep clean, smudge free. Not good for a anal PS''er like me. Hehe.
Sharon and Lisa, Target sells a stainless steel cleaner by Method in a silver bottle that you spray on and takes away fingerprints. It is great!!!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/21/2007 5:40:00 PM
Author: jas
Crocs.

Leonardo DiCaprio (sorry, I was kinda rooting for him to go down with the ship in Titanic)

Maybelline Great Lash Mascara

My own wedding (my mom''s version of it at least
3.gif
)

MTV

Many of Oprah''s Favorite things.

Did I say Leo DiCaprio already?
9.gif
ROFLMAO!!!!! I refused to see that movie because of him. I laughed out loud to read this, and I am glad me and DH are not the only ones who feel that way.

Movie: Little Miss Sunshine. This movie was billed as hilariously hysterical. I guess if you''re into serious mental illness being funny. This movie was just so dark and depressing that I asked for my 45 minutes back at the vid store. (that was all I could stand to watch of it) I am so ashamed I held out for that long. I just kept saying it reviewed so well that it''s got to get better; right?

shay

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/21/2007 6:10:48 PM
Author: Skippy123

Date: 9/21/2007 6:08:50 PM
Author: Kaleigh

HI:

9.gif

cheers--Sharon
Sharon and Lisa, Target sells a stainless steel cleaner by Method in a silver bottle that you spray on and takes away fingerprints. It is great!!!
HI:

Thanks Miss Skippy. I''ll have to try and locate it locally (no Target here!! bummer!!).

And the comments about Leo are halir--I feel that way about Ben Affleck. What''s up with him??

cheers--Sharon

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
SO AGREE on Starbucks & U.S. chocolate (Toblerone baby
18.gif
) & Napoleon Dynamite (I thought I was just too old to "get it")...

Would add:

"Everybody Loves Raymond" (not me!) ... the Tiffany solitare setting
31.gif
... and Yankee Candles (goodbye drowning wick)

Sundial

Ideal_Rock

HI:

9.gif
). I am tempted to buy one of those shower scrubby things (looks like a Swiffer and is probalby made by them) but am afraid I'll find that it is overrated.

cheers--Sharon
I LOVE my stainless steel appliances! My appliance guy suggested using Pledge furniture polish on them and it really works great. It cleans without running like many stainless steel cleaners and it helps protect against smudges.

I will agree with everyone about Cold Stone ice cream though. I am an ice cream addict, but that stuff is so overprices and somehow is just too much.

lsyama

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/21/2007 5:02:30 PM
Author: Independent Gal

Haha okay this is kind of the exact opposite of the thread topic but,
I LOVE the Mr. Clean Magic Sponge!
25.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/21/2007 7:30:10 PM
Author: Sundial

HI:

9.gif

cheers--Sharon
I LOVE my stainless steel appliances! My appliance guy suggested using Pledge furniture polish on them and it really works great. It cleans without running like many stainless steel cleaners and it helps protect against smudges.

I will agree with everyone about Cold Stone ice cream though. I am an ice cream addict, but that stuff is so overprices and somehow is just too much.
HI:

Sundial--Pledge????? I''ll try it.
9.gif
Thanks!!

cheers--Sharon

:)

Brilliant_Rock
This thread is very funny. I will try to get creative and think of something to contribute...!!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
manicures. (but not pedies!!) manies chip THE NEXT DAY!
celebrity perfumes.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
weather: Los Angeles. June Gloom, nearly constant smog, people freaking out when it rains. I''ve been here seven years and still crack up every time we get an inch of rain and the news is all, "Huge storm strikes Southland!"

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
I STILL haven''t seen Titanic. And I am definitely on the ''I hate Leo DiCaprio'' team.

Another totally over-rated movie: Little Miss Sunshine. I mean, it was OK. But only OK.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
sorry, i do like swiffer wet. ducking so low i am on the floor-balenciaga (sp) handbags.

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Sharon, fun thread.

I agree with the starbuck and coldstone.

Celebrity - ism!!!!! All forms. (even though i love to read trash mags while working out)

Medial insurance. Costs a fortune and doesn''t give you what you thought u were paying for. A necessary evil.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results