shape
carat
color
clarity

Most accurate way to determine your ring size?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

northstar_78

Shiny_Rock
The smallest rings I have been able to try on in stores are usually a size 4, which fits over my knuckle without too much trouble but spins around madly. A size 3.75 almost got stuck but didn''t spin too much. A size 3.5 didn''t spin at all but had to be pried off...

I did get one of those little platistic ring sizers from bluenile.com but since plastic has a little give in it it wouldn''t be too accurate right?

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
I would try on the ring sizers at all different times of day because your fingers may swell in hot weather etc. You should not be able to easily pull it off, but you shouldn''t have to scrape your knuckle raw either. A lot of it is a matter of preferance. Some people can tolerate the spin better than the feeling of it being too tight. Sometimes you can order a ring 3.75Full which means it will be slightly larger than the true 3.75. Good luck!

twinkletoes

Shiny_Rock
i was wondering the same thing as well!

the first jeweler i went to sized my finger as a 4.25. the 4 squished my finger a bit and the 4.5 felt loose (slid up and down to my knuckle too easily).

then i was at tiffany''s trying on rings for fun and was sized as a 4.5. And she gave me an actual wedding band (plain knife edge) in a size 4.5 to try on and it was felt tight! she said something about those ring sizers being bigger since they weren''t actual rings, which made absolutely no sense to me but then again her english wasn''t that great so she might have been trying to say something else.

so what size ring am i?

northstar_78

Shiny_Rock
I know you can buy those sets of sizing rings that jewelers have on ebay.com. They don''t seem to cost too much and at least they can give you a borderline idea of your size. But if you fall between 1/2 sizes I don''t know since no one makes them in increments of .25.

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/7/2005 3:46:31 PM
Author: IslandDreams
Sometimes you can order a ring 3.75Full which means it will be slightly larger than the true 3.75.

as someone experienced in the consequences of trying on a too too tight ring
14.gif
, and someone who was in between sizes (5.75 fit well by itself, but tight as a wedding set, size 6 was comfortable as a set but too loose by itself), I ordered my rings a size 5.75 "loose" or "full" and that teeny tweak was just enough to make two 5.75 rings fit well together yet not loose by itself where it would spin and drive me nuts.

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
btw you girls have teeny fingers! my hands seem huge now.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results