shape
carat
color
clarity

Morning Wedding--What Time To Start Getting Ready?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry for starting so many threads today; I''m finished teaching so I''m on a roll, now!

Anyway, I did a search and found some old threads on this but I wanted to hear from our current brides.

We''re getting married at 11 AM. We can do all of our preparations at the actual location, so there won''t be any travel time necessary, but I don''t know when to begin. I have six bridesmaids, two moms, two flower girls (who are both very excited to have their hair and makeup done!) and one mother of a flower girl to prepare. When should we start? How many stylists should I hire? I''m speaking with several hair and makeup artists and now I need to figure out who to book, how many, and when.

Thank you for your help!

buttercup80

Shiny_Rock
I''m not sure if this will help at all, but I''ll give you my timeline for an early-ish wedding:

7:30 - hair @ my mom''s house (15 minutes from my venue)

9:30 - makeup lady coming - she''s only doing my makeup and my mom''s

10:45 - leave for venue

11:30 - Ketubah signing

12:30 - ceremony
1.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
We started at 9 for our noon wedding, but we were at a salon where everyone got their hair/makeup done at the same time. So that made things VERY efficient. I would highly recommend that over hiring one person to do everyone...just so much quicker.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
We arrived at the hair salon at 9:00 and left around 10:30/10:45. It was about a 7 minute drive to the church. Our ceremony was supposed to start at 11:30 but people kept coming up to visit so we started about 10 minutes late... otherwise it would have started on time. It didn''t take me long at all to get ready as far as getting dressed and applying makeup... so 2.5 hours ahead of time was plenty for us to prepare.

lucy love

Shiny_Rock
I had a 10:00am wedding, traveling time was about 20 minutes from the get-ready location to the church. I woke up at 5:00am and started getting make-up done at 5:45 am. We got to the church at about 8:45am. My girls all did their own make-up (or helped each other) and i had a hair-stylist come in and do simple half-up hairdos. So it wasn''t too extravagant.

don''t know if that helps or not. =P

calidaisy

Shiny_Rock
our wedding''s at 10 a.m. but we will start taking pictures at 9 a.m. (we don''t mind seeing each other before the wedding. besides, we''re paying $$$ to use the premise from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.).

my hair/ make-up place is 3-40 minutes away from where i live.
they said they need about three hours to work on me and wanted me to make an appointment at 4:30 a.m. to be done by 7:30 a.m.
(so that i''ll drive back home, eat, and take my stuff and go to the church).

it seems like i have to get up around 3:30 ~ 4 a.m.

i''ll probably just take my mom with me to the hair/ make-up place and arrange something closer to my place for bridesmaids since i can''t expect them to come with me that early in the morning.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I''ll be starting at 7:15AM for my 11AM ceremony; everything is within 5 minutes'' drive of each other. I''ll go more or less like this:

7:15AM: Hair at hair salon
8:30AM: Get bouquets at florist
8:45AM: Makeup at beauty salon
9:30AM: Get dressed at parents'' place
9:45AM: Photographer arrives
10:45AM: Leave for ceremony
11AM: Ceremony

My sister will be having her hair and makeup done with me, but because of the tight schedule, late opening time of some places and there happens to be so many hair stylists on holiday that week (
33.gif
), my BM and my mother will be going to other salons.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Anchor, you just reminded me that I need to find out how and when we get the bouquets and bouts. Thanks!

Our ceremony is at 11AM also. I think we (my sister and I) have appts. at the salon at 8:00. My hair''s not super long, so I can''t imagine it would take a long time to do, but we''ll see when I have my trial this weekend. I don''t think my sister is even getting her hair done (it''s really short). We''re both getting makeup though. They told us we should be finished by 10:00. The drive from the salon to the venue is about 10-15 minutes. I''ll be getting ready there.

I thought we''d be cutting it close but hopefully we''ll be finished a little early. Actually, it might be a good thing -- less time to sit around and wait, getting nervous.

kathyinjapan

Shiny_Rock
We had a 7:30am start for our sunrise ceremony and I remember my hair and makeup lady arrived at around 3:30am. I had a trial with her a few days before the wedding and we worked out it would take 2.5-3 hours for my hair and makeup. On the morning everything ran smoothly and I was ready by 6:30 and out the door by 7.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results