shape
carat
color
clarity

Morning wedding attire

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Ok, I need some help! I''m going to a wedding at 10:30 in the morning on October 1 in New Hampshire. The reception will follow immediately after and go through the early afternoon. What am I supposed to wear?!?! The mother of the groom is wearing a pant suit (I''m a friend on the groom''s side) so does that set the tone for what the guests should wear? I was thinking about wearing a dress. But then the question is can I wear black??? Ugh, it''s so hard!! I have no problem dressing for evening but the afternoon thing is throwing me off! Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
I went to a morning wedding in June. I wore a dress which was fancy, but not too fancy. It wasn''t black, but it was sparkly.
19.gif

I think a dress is fine. I always think it''s better to be overdresed than underdressed anyway.

Rube

Shiny_Rock
I had a morning wedding, and my MIL wore a pantsuit... so I thought I''d include a few headless photos. (sorry if the headless-thing makes anyone a little uneasy. It''s of course for privacy of my guests.
21.gif
)

Rube

(I wore a big dress, and my husband, my father and step-father wore suits. My mother wore a dress- everyone else ranged from casual dress ~a few formal-type dresses~ to one person in jeans. Mostly cottony dresses and pants, some in black! So I think about anything will go. I did have an indoor wedding in a more outdoorsy setting though, so that might be something to consider.)

MIL and my husband:

MILMorn.jpg

Rube

Shiny_Rock
Me with Friends:

SundayMorn.jpg

Rube

Shiny_Rock
Mom:

MomMorn.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i am going through the same thing. 11:00 wedding in a town i''ve never been to. i know no one except my BF and his father, who is coming with us. i will be meeting my BF family too. I don''t want to be out of place. i don''t want to be too underdressed or over.... what to do?? i don''t know what anyone is wearing...don''t even know where the wedding is or the reception... i was thinking a cute little black dressy tight blazer with a silky flowy skirt that is champagne colored with large black flowers.... help!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I had a 11 o''clock wedding with a lunch reception, and most of my friends wore colorful sundresses, strappy heels. Sundresses can come in very casual or semi-casual depending on the fabric. If it''s cotton it''s casual. If it contains a silk blend for example, it could look great for a special occasion (see picture for example). I definitely think that black "cocktail" type dresses or anything with sequines, beading etc are more for the afternoon/evening.

shantung.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
We just went to a morning wedding and I wore a sundress. I saw some women in pant suits.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No long dress, don''t drip diamonds, and no black or white would be the most tasteful.

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
I would wear a short dress, non black non white.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results