shape
carat
color
clarity

more newbie ques

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Ok, time for a new set of "newbie" questions:

*has anyone had/been to a "twilight reception" as in earlier than the evening? The church I want only has 12 pm ceremonies available, so either we kill time till 5 (for traditional evening reception), move reception earlier, or find a new church!
*when do the bride/groom traditionally ask friends to be bridesmaids/groomsmen?
*what''s the best way to start the dress search...bridal shows, magazines, jwebsites, ust hit the stores?

thanks gals!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I''ve never heard of a twilight reception, but it could be a good way to save money since it wouldn''t be a dinner at that time. If that''s something that you''re comfortable with, I say go for it! Personally I don''t like the idea of having that much time between the ceremony and the reception, especially if you have a lot of OOT guests.

I asked my bridesmaids about a week or two after getting engaged, but most people will tell you to wait, enjoy being engaged for a bit, talk it over and make sure you''re sure about your choices.

As far as dresses go, look through magazines and online to get a general idea that you like and then go shopping, but keep an open mind and try on EVERYTHING. You might think you know what you want, but chances are you''ll change your mind. What looks good on a model might not look so good on a real person and what looks yucky online or in a magazine might look amazing. I HATE the way my dress looks on the maggie sottero site, but i''m so in love with it on me and in person.

biblobaggins23

Shiny_Rock
i think it would be cool to have a twilight reception. plus, if you want to have food, you can always go for a small buffett than a large, sit down dinner which is more expensive than a buffett.

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/13/2006 3:43:36 PM
Author: biblobaggins23
i think it would be cool to have a twilight reception. plus, if you want to have food, you can always go for a small buffett than a large, sit down dinner which is more expensive than a buffett.
Actually buffets can cost more than a sit-down dinner as they have to prepare more food sometimes...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results