shape
carat
color
clarity

More kitchen talk, please... anyone have a silgranit sink???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
STILL in the design phase of our upcoming kitchen remodel... and the kitchen folks are strongly recommending a silgranit sink. Now, I am a stainless steel sink girl through and through (LOVE THEM), but the kitchen designers are telling me that the silgranit sink is *the* way to go.

Of all the available colors, I would pick the sparkly black one. Does anyone have a silgranit sink? If so, what do you think of it? Is it easy to clean? Has it stayed nice? Are you happy with it, and would you do it again?

All comments and opinions welcome, please. And THANK YOU! (By the way, I am planning on a granite countertop in a mottled charcoal gray/black/silvery color, and the sink would be undermount, of course.)

Lynn

SILGRANITE_SINK1.jpg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Actually, THIS is the color I like best ("Anthracite"). It''s a sparkly black.

SILGRANITE_SINK1a.jpg

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
From what I''ve been told by many designers, one, very deep, single bowl stainless steel sink is the way to go.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I have a siligranit sink in my kitchen. I have a large, single bowl, extra deep in brown since my accessories are oil rubbed bronze.

I love it! And I couldn''t be any happier. Of course, I''ve only had mine for a short while, but they are scratch resistant, and heat resistant. A friend of mine has SS, and it''s all scratched up and yucky.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/20/2008 7:35:03 PM
Author: pennquaker09
From what I''ve been told by many designers, one, very deep, single bowl stainless steel sink is the way to go.
You know, we have really thought about one large single bowl... but our designers have steered us away from that because we actually do wash/rinse dishes by hand (large pots and pans, delicate stemware, etc.) With that in mind, one bowl does not easily allow washing/rinsing, etc.

Unless you know of something we aren''t thinking of? Please let me know! Thanks!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/20/2008 7:51:03 PM
Author: Italiahaircolor
I have a siligranit sink in my kitchen. I have a large, single bowl, extra deep in brown since my accessories are oil rubbed bronze.

I love it! And I couldn''t be any happier. Of course, I''ve only had mine for a short while, but they are scratch resistant, and heat resistant. A friend of mine has SS, and it''s all scratched up and yucky.
Is your sink a Blanco sink? Because I can''t find a brown color in the silgranit sink line we are considering. I can only find black, gray, bisque and white. Do you have a photo or a link? I would LOVE to see your sink!

I need to be REALLY sure about this decision because it will be something I use many times EVERY DAY --and-- once it''s in, it''s in for a LOOOOOOOONG time. Being an undermount sink in a granite counter top means that removing it/changing it out would be a MAAAAAJOR undertaking.
23.gif
That''s why I am so nervous about getting it right!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
here is my sink, yes, it''s blanco

blancobrownkitchensink.jpg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/20/2008 9:40:59 PM
Author: Italiahaircolor
here is my sink, yes, it''s blanco
Thanks for the photo -- OHMYGOSH, it''s gorgeous!!! I did find the brown color later on the Blanco website (duh!
20.gif
Sorry!!!)

Do you like the single bowl?

And oh, please tell me more about the faucet, who makes it?

THANKS, Italia!
1.gif

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Lynn, I like it very much. I am the type of person who rinses my dishes, and moves them right over to the dishwasher. Plus, my DH and I live in a townhome, so we have a smaller sized kitchen with limited space. To me, I wanted the max counter top space possible that mattered more than a double bowl. I have no regrets. Our sink is extra deep and the square shape does allow for more storage in the skin if things get out of control.

I''m not sure what to say about the faucet, although it is cool. My DH found it, and bought it without me. Again, because we live in a small space, we didn''t have the room for a big elaborate set up with the handsoap pump, and seperate sprayer, and blah blah blah...so, for what we got, it''s pretty cool.

My kitchen, for me in the space we have available, is perfect. I wouldn''t change a thing

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/20/2008 9:07:19 PM
Author: Lynn B

You know, we have really thought about one large single bowl... but our designers have steered us away from that because we actually do wash/rinse dishes by hand (large pots and pans, delicate stemware, etc.) With that in mind, one bowl does not easily allow washing/rinsing, etc.

Unless you know of something we aren''t thinking of? Please let me know! Thanks!

i will be completely honest, I don''t wash a lot of things by hand, but like you, I do was my large pots and things of that nature by hand and I most often use the deep side of my sink. I buy the Dawn that pumps and that''s how I wash the few things I need to wash by hand. I don''t have to run a sink full of water to wash a couple of things.

I use the dishwasher 99% of the time.

krispi

Shiny_Rock
Amen! I have one in my current house (although in Stainless) and I love it! That being said, the only things I hand wash are the items that won''t fit in my dishwasher - like my large cookie sheets. That''s why I love the big sink - the large items fit so much better.

Also, have you checked out Moen''s Moenstone sinks? Might be a bit more cost-effective than Blanco. Just a thought!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results