(more) Findings help please

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
sigh
so i got this back from the jewlers and it wasn't knotted
granted, the gold beads are tiny and a knot might have overpowered them
but now it doesnt fit
this was surposed to be my xmas necklace
the motif (notice possibly the smallest diamond ever posted on PS) is a powhotakwa which is a NZ xmas tree, the flowers are usually red but can be different shades of red and also yellow
1706219627195.png
anyway it was part of my reuse and remake agenda, the garnets are quite nice but were on a necklace that was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaau tooooooooooooooo small, they are actually quite red with not too much browning, and i had these little gold filled (silver) spacer beads i brought that were too small for what i brought them for (story of my life)
but i was counting on the knotts to add extra length
because i have phone issues i had to post this picture to (i thought) an obscure thread on my other forum - (Bruce Springsteen)
its kinda funny i had had all sorts of helpful -or rather well meaning sugestions, because i did write a little note about why i was posting a picture of it and the fat neck problem

anyway i cant use just any extended because i have so much trouble with those tiny catches that are the bain of my exstence
i have spent enough money on the dear wee thing now that all i want is to be able to pick something gold filled (over silver as allergic to base metals) off etsy and be able to do it myslef, i do have some jewlery sized pliers here somewhere
what style will work best ? that will just attach to the clasp already on it
i only need a couple of inches, at present it fits as a choker but dissapirs into the lines in my neck

1706220221890.png
i took the picture with the ipad at work on the sandwhich bench
its a shame it shows it up as so dark, they do look dark red, not brown black
the catch is one of those kind of 8 shaped ones with a hook thingy
i'd really like to be able to wear it while the trees are still flowering
so any help most welcome

1706220389336.png

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will brainstorm about this.

Do you want the extender to be just metal (like a row of GF beads with a hook and figure 8 that will attach to the clasp that is on the necklace) or do you prefer to make an extender with some stone or other beads?

Or are you looking for a ready-made extender with hook and figure 8?

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also did you make the hook and figure 8 or are they store bought? And can you make, or get, another set of them?

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You could use a chain extender.
You want to post it to me here in Australia I can restring it and make it longer. I have small garnet beads which I could add in to give you more length.
here are some I’ve done for myself.
I can post in loupe troop to give you my contact details.
IMG_5082.jpeg IMG_4741.jpeg IMG_4770.jpeg

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You want to post it to me here in Australia I can restring it and make it longer. I have small garnet beads which I could add in to give you more length.

It's very nice of you to offer that!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

Bron that would be wonderful
thank you
i work right beside a postal agency
i will measure it and see how short it is, i have found my sweet spot length wise, i still have some left over gold beads too but even two inches would make it very wearable
origonally the necklace was way too short and was on black chain, very goth, im not anti goth but i have pale colouring as it is, so i dont need to look more washed out than i already do

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Also did you make the hook and figure 8 or are they store bought? And can you make, or get, another set of them?

i do have a couple of other sets and i did think about joining them but i was worried how secure it would be

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I will brainstorm about this.

Do you want the extender to be just metal (like a row of GF beads with a hook and figure 8 that will attach to the clasp that is on the necklace) or do you prefer to make an extender with some stone or other beads?

Or are you looking for a ready-made extender with hook and figure 8?

i brought them in a packet of 5
i just need the easiest thing possible, im not overly dextourus and i want it to look neat and not unbalanced
i choose this clasp because its easy to do up

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bron that would be wonderful
thank you
i work right beside a postal agency
i will measure it and see how short it is, i have found my sweet spot length wise, i still have some left over gold beads too but even two inches would make it very wearable
origonally the necklace was way too short and was on black chain, very goth, im not anti goth but i have pale colouring as it is, so i dont need to look more washed out than i already do

My pleasure. I do love doing beading projects.
I have garnet beads, jet beads, emerald beads and even some opal beads.
Work out what the right length is for you, use a piece of string or yarn and then I’ll know how long to make it.
Ill go over to Loupe Troop and put up a listing so you can get me email address.
:dance:

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just did the listing under category “other”.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Magnetic extender?

DK :))

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Magnetic extender?

DK :))

i did actually think of that, im glad you agree =)2
i have one very good magnetic clasp and one that i dont trust and always worry when im wearing it

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results