shape
carat
color
clarity

more emerald cut shopping questions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

schmancy

Rough_Rock
Do people have any recommendations for questions I should be asking internet diamond brokers about stones I am interested in? I am shopping for a high quality emerald cut stone. Can the salespeople typically provide any additional dimensional info (e.g. crown height, angle)? What about firescope images? When having a stone sent to an appraiser before paying for it, it is ever possible to have 2 sent for comparison? The process of honing in on a good cut seems so daunting, especially with fancy cuts.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You are right about the process being difficult. No matter how much you learn about diamonds, buying fancy shapes needs involvement of the "EYES". Seeing is important in these stones although the numbers and parameters have some bearing on the overall result. Too deep a stone and the apparent size is diminished. Too shallow and the brilliancy will be gone. That is simplistic, but part of what needs to be addressed.

We often appraise more than one diamond in comparison circumstances. There is a reduced cost for second or third stones. Glad to be of assistance as you shop. Just email me with details or questions.

[email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results