shape
carat
color
clarity

More bang for your buck

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I''m trying to decide what type of stone I should use for a pendant and I don''t want to spend over $500 on the stone part of the project. I want something about 7mm maybe a bit more. Something that really sparkles and will hold it''s color well and not fade over time. Nothing too soft. Any ideas?
I''ve thought maybe yellow sapphire, some type of garnet or maybe even tourmaline. I don''t know how well tourmaline sparkles though. I like bright colors.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
How about zircon?

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I hear that the heated ones can go back to the original color.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
oops posted reply twice

LdyNghtWng

Rough_Rock
Spinels are lovely!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I love spinel too and haven''t ruled them out. I know I couldn''t afford a fine red or hot pink but there are lots of other colors too. have you seen the bluish lavender? It''s really pretty but I''ve only seen it in small stones.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2007 5:41:43 PM
Author:innerkitten
I''m trying to decide what type of stone I should use for a pendant and I don''t want to spend over $500 on the stone part of the project. I want something about 7mm maybe a bit more. Something that really sparkles and will hold it''s color well and not fade over time. Nothing too soft. Any ideas?
I''ve thought maybe yellow sapphire, some type of garnet or maybe even tourmaline. I don''t know how well tourmaline sparkles though. I like bright colors.
Hi Innerkitten!
1.gif
35.gif

I''d look for something in the garnet family....good sparkle, rich colors, lots of varieties.

I just took a random sampling of Gypsy''s suggestions above and they''re all yummy. I really like ACStones, and absolutely trust Barbara''s descriptions. If she says a stone is brilliant...then it is!

widget

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results