shape
carat
color
clarity

Moonlight on the beach....can''t get any better than that!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

get_cut_not_ripped

Shiny_Rock
For those of you who have been helping me along in the ring and diamond search, thank you sooooooo much.
22.gif

Well, I proposed on Saturday night, and I just wanted to share the story with you all, since you were such an integral part in helping me get this whole thing accomplished.

We went to a nice dinner at a waterfront restaurant, and sat on the balcony for a very romantic dinner. After a little wine and good eats, we finished up and went over to the beach. We picked a nice spot, unrolled the blanket and enjoyed the sounds of waves crashing on the shore. Without jumping around too much, let me just say that we had talked about rings and gone and looked a couple times, but the very one she wanted (pictured) wasn't made anymore and I told her I couldn't find it anywhere. Separate from that, she's also been wanting an MP3 player for a while now. That said, I'll go on.

While we were talking, I smoothed out the sand and kind of goofing, I drew a heart with our names in the middle. (Our initials are S...and Y...). Then I said 'to be fair' we'd do another one with her name first (Y...& S...)The first one I spelled out "AND". On the second one I used the sideways E sign for and.

Then I proceeded to tell her that I had gotten her something and I know we'd been talking about this for a while now...etc. etc. Then I went on and on about how it's so hard to find just the right one, and there's so many styles, features, out there, and I know she wanted something just so....blah, blah, blah....needless to say, she thought I was talking about the ring.

When the suspense was too much for her I slid a jewelry box across the blanket and said...this is for you, hope I did ok
naughty.gif

I had taken the MP3 player and recorded the "Here comes the bride" music on it, and changed the information, so the proposal scrolled across the screen. (For those of you who don't know what an MP3 player is, it's kinda like a realllllly small walkman with no tapes, just stores the music inside like a computer)

She opened the box and was like...."oh...
confused.gif
, uh, it's really nice, thanks"
rolleyes.gif

I told her to try it out. She put on the headphones and turned it on. It began playing the wedding music, and she looked at the screen, and when she looked back up, I was on one knee. I took off the headphones and proposed for real. (Since it was night time, I got one of those new fancy ring boxes with the light bulb in it. It looked like the cartoons when the box was opened and the light was sparkling all around out of it.

She said, wow....I could tell she was speachless...
Then I pointed to our initials in the sand, which spelled out S.A.Y...Y.E.S. and she did.
appl.gif

The rest is history!

woah_mama!.JPG

Gale

Shiny_Rock
Many contratulations to the two of you. May life bring the greatest of joy.

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
Awwwwwwww (getting all teary-eyed)... what a great story. Thanks so much for sharing, and congratulations. I wish you a lifetime of love and happiness!
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
PS. Don't forget to get pics of the ring on her hand!!!
9.gif

ep6585

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations.

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!!
9.gif

I can't imagine her reaction when you told her of all the *work* you did to put together that gorgeous ring!
Thanks for sharing all the details! ...what is it about that little bit of torture (giving her the MP3 first instead of the ring) that makes the final payoff that much more sweet?!
2.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
That's awesome. I'm so happy for you. Great proposal. Thanks for sharing.
Congrats. Many happy years.

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, I think you win for the best proposal I have ever heard or read. You did awesome
16.gif
I totally had your proposal playing in my mind while I read and I too wanted to cry! She is one lucky lady. You definitely win first price for best proposal in my book, all the way down to the "SAY YES" in the sand! Wow...exactly what she said. I'm speechless.

Congratulations to you both
appl.gif
What a wonderful story to tell your kids, I am going to cry again
cry.gif
! Thanks for sharing your story
1.gif

JennWit2Ns

Rough_Rock
OMG!!! that is the most romantic proposal i've ever heard or read. I'm at work so I could only get teary eyed, but boy did i want to cry. She is very lucky to have such a romantic guy in her life. Congratulations and best of luck to you both.

get_cut_not_ripped

Shiny_Rock
Wow thanks so much for the great wishes....din't mean to make anyone
cry.gif
cry
cry.gif

JennWit2Ns

Rough_Rock
don't apologize. it was a good cry. not to many guys like you out there. Congrats again.

Diamondsbybree

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!!! That was soooooo sweet~!~!
cry.gif

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
That was such a great story!

But you forgot one important detail!...

... which MP3 player did you get?
2.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
You are TOO ADORABLE! That is an awesome story! Wow--what a guy and what a proposal.
appl.gif
Congrats again!
9.gif

get_cut_not_ripped

Shiny_Rock
Here's the pictures you requested of the ring on her finger.

Thanks!

ring_a.JPG

JennWit2Ns

Rough_Rock
ABSOLUTELY GORGIOUS
9.gif

VAgal13

Shiny_Rock
Wow, Wow and Wow! I am all choked up. Seriously.

That was the most amazing proposal I have ever heard of. I don't know what else to say.

Congrats to you both!
appl.gif

Cheers!
-Sarah

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
Just as I pictured it! Looks perfect on her hand..again congrats to you both
appl.gif

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Hey get cut, it looks absolutely fabulous! Great job and a very nice story.

Congratulations to you both!

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I just LOVE how that looks on her hand! It's perfect!!! She must be thrilled
love.gif
. With the ring too
2.gif

get_cut_not_ripped

Shiny_Rock
She's very, very happy, thanks! I took her to get a manicure and they had UV light in the drying machines....just one new place to see the light show!! love that fluorescence!
love.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results