shape
carat
color
clarity

Monster Sapphire

deuteriumhusky

Rough_Rock
A 45 carat unheated Royal Blue Sapphire that I ordered should arrive in a few days. Do you think that given the size and rarity of the piece that it's too risky to wear in a pendent or necklace?

45ct1.jpg

_36918.jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Omg :love: . Depends on your lifestyle, maybe for occasional wear? I would make a convertible ring, bracelet or pendant for this piece.

deuteriumhusky

Rough_Rock
I'm considering a necklace mounted in a protective bezel setting.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! What a stone :love:
If you do not make the neclace too long, you should be ok.
Wouldn't it look spectacular on your finger?

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would think that stone would be too expensive to wear. Must have cost upwards of $500,000 unheated too.

deuteriumhusky

Rough_Rock
Would you say that the stone posses a violet hue or is the stone solely blue in color?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
deuteriumhusky|1459717529|4015022 said:
Would you say that the stone posses a violet hue or is the stone solely blue in color?
Nobody can tell you this unless the stone is viewed in person because we don't know how accurate your photography is.

deskjockey

Brilliant_Rock
Personally I think it needs to be a center stone in a fantastic tiara, but I'm also 12, so feel free to ignore that. :)

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its a bit small, so I'd do at least a double halo for a ring. :tongue: :lol:

Seriously though, at that size, do what you want! :lickout: :love: :love: I got a feeling it cost way more than my car..... :boohoo:

S

SparkliesLuver

I don't think it'd be too risky to wear in a pendent or necklace; however, I think it all comes down to the design. You want something sturdy and secure that also complements the stone.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
deskjockey|1459864327|4015645 said:
Personally I think it needs to be a center stone in a fantastic tiara, but I'm also 12, so feel free to ignore that. :)

Lol!! I also love this idea, what can I say??

thea_harper

Rough_Rock
Third in line with the tiara idea.
I'd wear that sucker to the dang grocery store :naughty: :love:

a_belle_epoque_sapphire_and_diamond_tiara_1910s.png

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just wanted to say it would be sensible to take this sapphire to an independent appraiser to make sure
it is the same one as the certificate shows.

lmcriss

Shiny_Rock
thea_harper|1459885956|4015826 said:
Third in line with the tiara idea.
I'd wear that sucker to the dang grocery store :naughty: :love:

Count me fourth in line for the tiara!! Wear the crap out of that baby! I also can't help thinking about the movie "Titanic" and the "Heart of the Ocean" :boohoo: (Even though it was a diamond and not a sapphire but STILL.....) That Edwardian era style with the halo and the diamonds..... :naughty: Beautiful stone! :clap: Can't wait to hear what you decide to do with it! Keep us in the loop! :dance:

And it would, of course, be a great idea to have it checked out and make sure everything aligns with it's grading report like the previous comment said ;-)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results