shape
carat
color
clarity

Monogram use on invites?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lehcarm

Shiny_Rock
I was wondering if it would be appropriate to use our monogram on our invites since technically it isn''t our monogram until after we get married. I''m thinking of purchasing a wax seal. Do you think it would be OK to use the letter that our last name will be, or will that look silly? I''m also thinking of getting an address embosser, but I will just use our first names on that, so there won''t be an issue with the last name. Thanks!

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
I read somewhere that one isn''t "supposed" to use a monogram in the letter that will be one''s name until it just is your name. I don''t know if this is stictly followed but thought I''d pass that on.

lehcarm

Shiny_Rock
Thanks a lot. I''ll just have to come up with some other little embellishment to use then. Our wedding is in December, so a snowflake would work, but I''m not sure if I want to "theme" the wedding too much.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Well, I don''t think you can use your initials on the monogram, as in your first initial + his initials, but I think you can use just the initial of his last name if you really want to since he is your groom. You can''t use the combined initials until the reception, like on the cake or whatever, but just the single letter wouldn''t be all that scandalous. I think the snowflake would be sweet too, but only if you are doing "winter". We''re using the outline of the pendant he proposed with, it''s like an infinity made of hearts.

You could also do your address embosser without your names, just the address if you want, since it is usually used on the envelope flap.

lehcarm

Shiny_Rock
So you don''t think it would be inappropriate to use a wax seal of the initial of our "future" last name?

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I think it would be ok.

One question though... is the invitation coming from the two of you, or from your parents? If it''s from your parents, I don''t think it works, but if it''s from the two of you, go for it.

lehcarm

Shiny_Rock
We haven''t decided yet who it is going to be from. I was just looking around a bit, and I have some other ideas to embellish the invites without having to use our initial or monogram. I''ll post some pictures once I have decided exactly what I am going to do. Thanks for your help.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I used our "logo" which was a graphic with an "m" my DH''s last name on EVERYTHING. Even the STD. I never thought about what was proper. I just did what I liked. I also got a wax seal (which was a PITA) for our favors.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Oh, hey.... do you know about the pre-made adhesive wax seals? I think they look so cool and are definitely easier than DIY but are a bit pricey (of course...). There''s also another company that sells "wax" in a stick that you can put in your glue gun which is much easier than using traditional wax sticks, plus they aren''t as fragile. I played with wax seals as a teenager and found them to be difficult and messy, but either of those options would make it a lot easier.

lehcarm

Shiny_Rock
Tacori, what about your wax seal was a "PITA"?

Sumbride, if I do decide to do some sort of wax seal, I will totally use the glue gun type. Thanks!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/3/2007 2:44:27 PM
Author: lehcarm
Tacori, what about your wax seal was a ''PITA''?

Sumbride, if I do decide to do some sort of wax seal, I will totally use the glue gun type. Thanks!

Well, I used the wax seal to close our favor bags and it was a lot harder than using it on an envelope since it was not a flat surface. (drippy, messy, burned my fingers, time consuming, ex...) I used white wax that seemed to be not as thick as some of the other colors I have used.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it would be perfectly fine to use your future last initial on the monogram, etc. I wouldn''t be looking at the invite thinking ''how could she do that?!'' LOL.
2.gif

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
I think Firegoddess is right--i think we get so caught up in these little etiquette details--I doubt anyone would analyze this (i am an over-analyzer and I woudn''t think it''s weird :O) Do what pleases you!

lehcarm

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all your opinions. I do tend to over think things sometimes. I''ll let you know what I decide to do.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results