shape
carat
color
clarity

Mom''s permission?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nick9c

Rough_Rock
The woman I plan to marry lost her dad years ago. Should I ask her mom for permission to marry her? I have a great relationship with her mom and was wondering if this would be appropriate?

bopitaddict

Shiny_Rock
i definitely think her mom would be touched by this gesture in that you''d want her blessing on your engagement. best of luck with things.

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Yes.

I know several people who have asked both parents at the same time, so I would think it would be very appropriate for you to ask her mother in this situation.

Best of luck!!!

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
I think that is a wonderful, respectful thing to do...I''m sure her mother will be very moved and it is a wonderful step towards cementing your relationship w/ your future mother-in-law

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
I think if your girlfriend is okay with you asking permission in general that it really doesn''t matter if you''re asking mom or dad.

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
Yes. I forgot. I'm a retard. Was too distracted trying to get the ring. I knew she'd say yes (she was applying pressure to my fiance beforehand and she's WAAAAAYYYYYYY nicer to me than my own mom), but it's the thought that counts. I wish I had asked her. Still regret it. I mean, how many guys can say they like their mother-in-law a lot? Even if you don't like her, you win brownie points. The only thing to think about is if she'll tip off your girl. Maybe mention that you haven't asked your girl yet and if she could please be quiet about it until you guys make an announcement?

nick9c

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all of your advice. I just wanted to make sure it didn''t seem odd. Luckily, I do get along great with my future mother-in-law and I know she likes me, so no worries.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results