shape
carat
color
clarity

Mom''s in need of a pick me up...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jypsie

Shiny_Rock
Do you think these new slide drops will do the trick?

#1 - New

JypsieMom0001.jpg

Jypsie

Shiny_Rock
#2 New

JypsieMom0002.jpg

Jypsie

Shiny_Rock
#3 New

JypsieMom0003.jpg

Jypsie

Shiny_Rock
#4 New

JypsieMom0004.jpg

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely, now please tell us more .....

Jypsie

Shiny_Rock
Trying #4 again

JypsieMom0004a.jpg

Jypsie

Shiny_Rock
#5 - Part of her XMas gift this past year

JypsieMomXMax08.jpg

Jypsie

Shiny_Rock
#6 Also part of her XMas gift from this past year.

JypsieMomXMas082.jpg

Jypsie

Shiny_Rock
Ok, so - mom's been in a funk. She's been taking care of her elderly parents who are both handicapped and who are both having more and more difficulty on a daily basis. Between doctor's appointments, therapy, prescription refills, etc she's running herself ragged - there's just enough time in a day and it's way too much for her to handle. We all do what we can to help - but there is always more to do - it just never ends.

You may remember I was trying to figure out what to do with the spinel that I purchased for her, for her birthday. I'm picking that up tomorrow (hopefully, I'll know first thing in the morning).

I was hoping that the spinel would do the trick, but I just don't feel like it's going to be enough - soooo... I've dug through the couch cushions, rummaged through the car, and made the puppies get part time jobs (hehe) - so we could give my mom a little special something extra special "just because" as a pick-me-up.

#1 = 2.68 ct Tourmaline 6.22 x 9.77mm

#2 = 1.53 ct Tourmaline 5.54 x 7.97mm

#3 = 2.21 ct Tourmaline 6.53 x 7.92mm

#4 = 3.08 ct Tourmaline 6.14 x 10.45mm

I figure these will go nicely with her new pink tulip garden that is blooming on her terrace.

The other two are Tanzanites, and I cannot remember the specs for anything - the info's on my other computer - I'll have to check on those later this evening or tomorrow.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry your Mom is feeling so low Jypsie and I can understand why. But I bet she feels so much better when she thinks of what a wonderful daughter she has.

Lovely gesture.

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
Jypsie, that is so nice of you. She is lucky to have a daughter like you! :) And we can''t wait to see what you do with them!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

somegirl932

Shiny_Rock
you are an amazing daughter! i really like number 3.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Jypsie, what a sweet thing to do for your Mom! I personally love #2. What a gorgeous color!
30.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hate to hear your mom is having a rough time but I can understand why. Hugs to her. I like # 2 and # 6. How sweet of you to try and brighten her day.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry about your mother Jypsie. I love the stones that you bought for her. You are a wonderful and thoughtful daughter. A big hug to you.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a thoughtful daughter you are! Those stones are definately going to give her well needed pick me up!! They are all lovely!

Jypsie

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone. I hate to see anyone feeling down, but especially when it''s someone in my family... and especially mom - she gives so much of herself and never, ever asks for anything in return. And, unfortunately, that means that in many instances, because she doesn''t ask, she doesn''t get anything - which I think is just awful, but, that''s just the way it is.

I may not be able to change the entire situation, but I try to put bandaids on it and let her know she''s very much appreciated by her daughters and her parents - even if they do keep her running around like a chicken with it''s head chopped off, sometimes.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
#3!!!!! I love that color!!!

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Go for #''s 1 and 5 if you ask me. But absolutely get what you think your mom would like the most and what she''d like to wear. You might also think about which colors look really good on her. A great gesture BTW
36.gif

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
I love #3, I bet it''s very very pretty in person. The other Dan Stair tourm is actually bi colored, pink and clear.

Jypsie

Shiny_Rock
Oh, sorry - I probably wasn''t clear. I have actually purchased all of these for her. They are on their way to me today.

I''m going to go to my jeweler when they arrive and have them made into slides of different lengths so she can mix and match them however she would like, and have little spacers made, as well.

This has always been her favorite time of year, and tulips are her favorite flower (the reason she started the tulip planter on her terrace) - but we all know tulips come and go SO quickly. So, what I''m going to do, is get a little decorative planter, filled with that green florist stuff, top it off with moss... put in some green dowls, at the top of each put in some tulip bulb packages - instead of her tulip bulbs, each will have one of these inside. Getting her to open them might be a challenge... I can see it now "If I open them I won''t remember which is what color!" "For crying out loud mom! Just open it already!" LOL

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Best. Daughter. Ever.

(and also thank you, now I don''t have to look at those pink tourmalines in lust anymore!)

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I'm impressed! What a nice thing to do
36.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2009 1:16:33 PM
Author: mercoledi
Best. Daughter. Ever.

(and also thank you, now I don''t have to look at those pink tourmalines in lust anymore!)
No kidding! That is so awesome of you!!!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Pretty, pretty stones, and a great idea. I''m trying to picture what you mean by slides. Are you making six separate pendant slides? Something along these lines?

stuller8930_Y_.jpg

Jypsie

Shiny_Rock
Thank you.

Regarding the slides, I''m thinking of something like....

med1exampleslide1.jpg

Jypsie

Shiny_Rock
or something like this.... With this one, I am thinking more along the lines of making charms that can be clipped on and off, rather than slides.

I am going to just have to chat with Wendy at Geoffrey''s to see what she thinks we can do.

untitledexampleslide2.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2009 5:12:56 PM
Author: Jypsie
or something like this.... With this one, I am thinking more along the lines of making charms that can be clipped on and off, rather than slides.

I am going to just have to chat with Wendy at Geoffrey''s to see what she thinks we can do.
Cool! I''m looking forward to how this project proceeds.
1.gif
Sounds wonderful.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results