shape
carat
color
clarity

Moissanite

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tobeengaged

Rough_Rock
Has anyone out here ever seen a cushion cuts moissanite in person? Any comments?

bling

Shiny_Rock
nope..but i hear they can take on a slight green tint? sorry..thats about all i know..
read.gif

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Never saw a moissanite that looked better than a well cut CZ. Generally, they look a lot less like a diamond than a CZ, but there are somewhat more durable than CZ. Moissanite is rather costly considering what it is and it does not look as much like a diamond as CZ. What's the point of such a product? I don't think it will ever be a major factor in the diamond look-alike arena although plenty of marketing money is being spent on promotion.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did... and they were darn greenish (all around 3cts though, I would assume the smaller ones are better). Relative to diamond color grades I would call that color "J" at best, only the tint is green not yellow. The same cuters process green moissanite - something close to light green tourmaline.

There seems to be a new breed of heat treated moissanite that does not have as strong a tint, but that I have not seen in person. Double refraction makes them a tad less brillaint than both diamond and Cz - I would think this is the most evident "difference".

At about $200 for a pice as big as a 1ct diamond... it looks like you could buy 5 top cut CZs and keep replacing them when getting tarnished with wear
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results