shape
carat
color
clarity

Moissanite OEC ring from Golden Bird Jewels

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
@Mamabean Have you received your earrings from Ankit of Diamondrendu? I'm so curious! Will you start a new thread for Dianmondrendu?

Last edited:

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
Have any of you heard of Sahil from Carob Jewelers on Etsy and Ebay? I searched for OEC moissanite on Ebay and chose him because he emphasizes cut. This is what it says on his moissanite description page.

Cut is the most important factor because it has the greatest influence on Moissanite's Sparkle & You should never skimp on it

Jewelry Making Option:
  • All types of Customized Cut in Moissanite
  • Jewelry can be done in 9K/10K/14K/18K Gold
  • Jewelry also can be done in 925 Sterling Silver / 935 Argentium Silver
  • Metal Tone can be done in Yellow, White & Rose.
Other Details:
  • We also make different cuts like Brilliant Cut, Old Mine Cuts & Old European Cuts in Moissanite.
  • All cuts are man-made and polished in own factory. It has finest brilliance and fiery look.

I ended up ordering a 8mm OEC in JK color. I prefer a warm stone in an OEC cut. It was only $63 with free shipping. I would love a high crown and small table, but I'm not sure this stone will have those things, keeping my fingers crossed. This OEC will replace a CZ OEC I have in a sterling silver antique reproduction ring. Total cost is around $100 so I can't complain.

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean How is your ring project going with Vijay? Have you received your jewelry from Ankit of Diamondrendu? I'm so curious! Will you start a new thread for Dianmondrendu?
I already got my ring from Vijay. He didn’t do a good job on my bezel ring..I wrote about it on my thread and showed pics. The bezel is misshapen and wonky. It also has a small dent. I named her Wonky! It’s not that noticeable to other people but it bugs me. I actually emailed David Klass and hope he takes pity on me and will smooth out or milgrain the bezel. It’s 10k gold so not sure he will. He hasn’t answered me yet.
I didn’t get my white asscher studs (bear colorless white) yet but are due to be mailed by Diamondrensu tomorrow. Then I’ll be waiting for my princess studs. Those are supposed to be f/g so hopefully they will be because I’m color sensitive..I didn’t think to ask for colorless then. I’ll start a thread when I get them..Fingers crossed!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have any of you heard of Sahil from Carob Jewelers on Etsy and Ebay? I searched for OEC moissanite on Ebay and chose him because he emphasizes cut. This is what it says on his moissanite description page.

Cut is the most important factor because it has the greatest influence on Moissanite's Sparkle & You should never skimp on it

Jewelry Making Option:
  • All types of Customized Cut in Moissanite
  • Jewelry can be done in 9K/10K/14K/18K Gold
  • Jewelry also can be done in 925 Sterling Silver / 935 Argentium Silver
  • Metal Tone can be done in Yellow, White & Rose.
Other Details:
  • We also make different cuts like Brilliant Cut, Old Mine Cuts & Old European Cuts in Moissanite.
  • All cuts are man-made and polished in own factory. It has finest brilliance and fiery look.

I ended up ordering a 8mm OEC in JK color. I prefer a warm stone in an OEC cut. It was only $63 with free shipping. I would love a high crown and small table, but I'm not sure this stone will have those things, keeping my fingers crossed. This OEC will replace a CZ OEC I have in a sterling silver antique reproduction ring. Total cost is around $100 so I can't complain.
I was looking at his items..Are you going to start a thread on him? I would love your feedback and pics!

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
I'm going to start a thread when I receive his OEC I ordered 4 days ago. If I like the cut, I will order earrings. I have to cool it. I've made way too many jewelry purchases in the last 2 months!

Morenita21

Brilliant_Rock
I'm going to start a thread when I receive his OEC I ordered 4 days ago. If I like the cut, I will order earrings. I have to cool it. I've made way too many jewelry purchases in the last 2 months!

I ordered an elongated ACC from Carob Jewels on EBay and it was the worst stone I’ve ever seen. Even the ring setting was terrible. It’s sitting in my jewelry box - waste of money. I hope your experience is better with them.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I ordered an elongated ACC from Carob Jewels on EBay and it was the worst stone I’ve ever seen. Even the ring setting was terrible. It’s sitting in my jewelry box - waste of money. I hope your experience is better with them.
I had to send my OEC bezel set ring made by GoldenBird to David Klass to fix..I was surprised he was willing to do it. I’m getting pretty leary now. I’m anxious to see how the stones are from Diamondrensu. From the photos the asscher looks okay but hard to tell. The princess pair don’t look great but hoping it’s just the photos. Now I see Carob jewels isn’t great either..I may try the Chinese vendors next.

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock

Oh no! So sorry to hear your ring from Sahil is horrible. I'm supposed to receive the 8mm OEC tomorrow. I paid $63 so not a huge loss if I hate it. Have you contacted him for a return? I purchased a terrible ring from a different Indian seller and the return label was to TX, not Surat.

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
I had to send my OEC bezel set ring made by GoldenBird to David Klass to fix..I was surprised he was willing to do it. I’m getting pretty leary now. I’m anxious to see how the stones are from Diamondrensu. From the photos the asscher looks okay but hard to tell. The princess pair don’t look great but hoping it’s just the photos. Now I see Carob jewels isn’t great either..I may try the Chinese vendors next.

I got my Stargems ring in just now and I'm so in LOVE. It's dark here now and I can't get decent pics to save my life and my polish is chipped. I highly recommend Mona at Stargems. I'm getting a manny tomorrow and spamming Pricescope with pics and videos, lol. One thing I will say is that the rings look so much better in real life. The pics and videos are so big, I was worried I went with too large of a stone but it's perfect and just gorgeous.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh no! So sorry to hear your ring from Sahil is horrible. I'm supposed to receive the 8mm OEC tomorrow. I paid $63 so not a huge loss if I hate it. Have you contacted him for a return? I purchased a terrible ring from a different Indian seller and the return label was to TX, not Surat.
Mine was the same..It goes from to Texas and then to your address. I can’t remember if it was Diamondrensu or GoldenBird...Was it one of them?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got my Stargems ring in just now and I'm so in LOVE. It's dark here now and I can't get decent pics to save my life and my polish is chipped. I highly recommend Mona at Stargems. I'm getting a manny tomorrow and spamming Pricescope with pics and videos, lol. One thing I will say is that the rings look so much better in real life. The pics and videos are so big, I was worried I went with too large of a stone but it's perfect and just gorgeous.
I’m so happy you love it! I can’t wait to see it! I want all the details! Which vendor is better Stargems or Tianyu?

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
@chunkyfacetlover hooray I am so pleased you love it. Yours is actually one that I would be modelling my own purchase on. I too am concerned I will get too large of a stone and never wear it. Cannot wait to see it on your hand. I have been dealing with Mona as well for quotes just a bit nervous to pull the trigger but your pics may tip me over =)2

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
Mine was the same..It goes from to Texas and then to your address. I can’t remember if it was Diamondrensu or GoldenBird...Was it one of them?

No, that was Tanya Jewelry. Put her on your do not buy from list. I think Diamondrensu and GoldenBird work under the same umbrella corp. I asked for a quote for a somewhat complicated ring and one of them said he couldn't do it and then no more than 2 minutes later, the other said he could do it even though he wasn't the one I reached out to on Etsy. I'm praying my stone looks nice because I really want to set it in my antique repro ring.

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
@chunkyfacetlover hooray I am so pleased you love it. Yours is actually one that I would be modelling my own purchase on. I too am concerned I will get too large of a stone and never wear it. Cannot wait to see it on your hand. I have been dealing with Mona as well for quotes just a bit nervous to pull the trigger but your pics may tip me over =)2

What size are you thinking about? I have a size 4.5 finger and I went with 11x9. So happy I did because the facets are so lovely, I like that I can see them so much in the larger size! It really depends on a couple of factors:

1. Are you passing it off as a diamond? If someone says "I love your ring" I just say thank you. The only time I tell people it's moissy is when they literally ask "Is that a diamond?"

2. Where do you live? I live in the Greater Boston Area where 2+ carat rocks are the norm. When we go to NYC, I always feel like my rings are small. LOL.

3. Your social circle. My three closest friends all wear big rocks, whether they are QVC, cluster rings, CZ, moissy or real diamonds.

I don't wear my large carat rings when I travel to areas I'm not familiar with. When we visit my in-laws in Germany, I wear a very simple real diamond wedding band because culturally it's gauche to wear big stone.

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
I’m so happy you love it! I can’t wait to see it! I want all the details! Which vendor is better Stargems or Tianyu?

My ring is from Starsgem. I will be ordering a ring from Tianyu soon (when my bonus comes in lol). It's going to be a 12 stone emerald cut semi-eternity band. It will be interesting to compare the two companies. You should check out the Stargems and Tianyu threads. There are some ladies (Swaye and Lucky_Rabbit come to mind) who have over 10 rings combined from both companies. They even put together a PROS/CONS of each company. If I remember correctly: Tianyu makes the best round stones with larger H&A arrows which most of the ladies really like here because it makes the cut look less splintery and more diamond-like. Tianyu also seems to make really nice OEC cut, but SG posted a beautiful new OEC cut recently. Stargems, hands down is the BEST for an elongated ACC (OMC). They have perfected the cut and I have seen zero issues. My stone is so beautiful it makes me want to cry. It doesn't look hazy ever! I went my post-op follow-up appointment today and even in the worst office lighting, it looked amazing! In the car, bathroom, dim light, low light, you name it, it performs beautifully.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
My ring is from Starsgem. I will be ordering a ring from Tianyu soon (when my bonus comes in lol). It's going to be a 12 stone emerald cut semi-eternity band. It will be interesting to compare the two companies. You should check out the Stargems and Tianyu threads. There are some ladies (Swaye and Lucky_Rabbit come to mind) who have over 10 rings combined from both companies. They even put together a PROS/CONS of each company. If I remember correctly: Tianyu makes the best round stones with larger H&A arrows which most of the ladies really like here because it makes the cut look less splintery and more diamond-like. Tianyu also seems to make really nice OEC cut, but SG posted a beautiful new OEC cut recently. Stargems, hands down is the BEST for an elongated ACC (OMC). They have perfected the cut and I have seen zero issues. My stone is so beautiful it makes me want to cry. It doesn't look hazy ever! I went my post-op follow-up appointment today and even in the worst office lighting, it looked amazing! In the car, bathroom, dim light, low light, you name it, it performs beautifully.
How did you order? Is this a Chinese vendor? I googled it and there are many with that name. If you can please message me with a link on Etsy. Thanks!

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much @chunkyfacetlover for your detailed response.

My finger is a size 7.5 I am quite tall with largish hands so I can probably pull of a large stone.

I am in Australia. People very rarely have large stones here. Diamonds are more expensive here than in the USA I have noticed. People generally have less awareness too about wholesale pricing for stones.

I am not intending to pass it off as a diamond. For me it is more because I like large stones if someone asked I would probably do the same as you say thanks for any compliment and if they asked tell the truth.

I have a 1.2ct pear shaped diamond ring which is my main E-ring I also have a 3 stone trilogy ring which is more of a right hand ring now. I wouldn't wear this every day I don't think unless I was feeling a bit extra as my 13 year old daughter would say.

Actually the more I type the more I think I should just go with the big stone and wear it whenever I want. I have always wanted a large emerald cut but I don't like what I have read about the way Moissanite looks as an emerald in general. I love what I have seen so far with your ring. The facets are gorgeous and it has that rectangular shape I love.

Mona has been very patient with me. She has quoted me about $530USD for a ring almost the same as yours. As our dollar is fairly poor at the moment it is quite expensive for me but it is likely to be the only ring I buy for a long while.

Morenita21

Brilliant_Rock

I didn’t return it. I should have. I will post a photo once I get a chance.

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
How did you order? Is this a Chinese vendor? I googled it and there are many with that name. If you can please message me with a link on Etsy. Thanks!

Starsgem and Tianyu are not on Etsy. Tianyu has an Alibaba store, but they don't have every ring they have made for us (Pricescope and Wedding Bee folks) posted. I haven't purchased anything from Tianyu yet.

The best way to communicate with the Chinese vendors is the app WhatsApp or you can email. I'm posting pics and videos of my ring tomorrow and will post contact info for my rep as well.

My advice is to read both the Tianyu and Stargems threads. Pin any ring pics, cads and videos that interest you. The ladies here have posted so many gorgeous rings here, I'm sure you can find one that you like or at the very least, have a base design idea you can tweak.

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much @chunkyfacetlover for your detailed response.

My finger is a size 7.5 I am quite tall with largish hands so I can probably pull of a large stone.

I am in Australia. People very rarely have large stones here. Diamonds are more expensive here than in the USA I have noticed. People generally have less awareness too about wholesale pricing for stones.

I am not intending to pass it off as a diamond. For me it is more because I like large stones if someone asked I would probably do the same as you say thanks for any compliment and if they asked tell the truth.

I have a 1.2ct pear shaped diamond ring which is my main E-ring I also have a 3 stone trilogy ring which is more of a right hand ring now. I wouldn't wear this every day I don't think unless I was feeling a bit extra as my 13 year old daughter would say.

Actually the more I type the more I think I should just go with the big stone and wear it whenever I want. I have always wanted a large emerald cut but I don't like what I have read about the way Moissanite looks as an emerald in general. I love what I have seen so far with your ring. The facets are gorgeous and it has that rectangular shape I love.

Mona has been very patient with me. She has quoted me about $530USD for a ring almost the same as yours. As our dollar is fairly poor at the moment it is quite expensive for me but it is likely to be the only ring I buy for a long while.

Definitely go for big! The pics and videos make the 11x9 look so big but it's not at all, not even by Australian standards.

My family and I spent a month vacationing in Australia. We started in Sydney, took a flight up to Cairns. The next day we took a charter bus to the catamaran. Two hours later we were snorkeling the Great Barrier Reef! I will never forget our time there!

On our way back, we flew to the Gold Coast, then Melbourne and finally a few more nights in Coogee Bay before coming home. Everyone we met were unbelievable friendly! The only thing we weren't completely prepared for were the high prices for everything. It was the most expensive place we've ever visited. So much so, I doubt we will ever go again. It was definitely one of those once in a lifetime bucket list type of vacations.

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
@chunkyfacetlover yes it is very expensive here so much so that often Aussies will choose to vacation overseas as it is cheaper than travelling within our own country. The barrier reef is stunning but under so much threat from climate change. I have been 4 times and the last time I actually cried to see the damage the increased water temps have caused.

Doing a family trip up our west coast in April from Perth to Broome. It’s one of the last places I have not been in my own country. The reef over that side is supposed to be just as beautiful as the barrier reef with the benefit that you can swim with the whale sharks.

Anyway back to jewels :lol: I think you have convinced me and I love that ring you have had made so much I will probably get something just like it if you don’t mind

Sirenagirl

Shiny_Rock
4D168DFD-F87D-43DE-8070-805630A98DC0.jpeg 715145E8-C4EE-4D55-9C24-59AA3B1B9F6A.jpeg 5513233D-2936-426D-95F0-CD396371EE9B.jpeg 58717643-F858-4E39-8F7A-8CAA8552A3F7.jpeg B9714041-4E4B-43A9-8443-C7DEF9300B2F.jpeg

Here are some pictures of the ring from Carob Jewels. Terrible stone (not cut properly) and terrible craftsmanship on the ring.

What do you all think?
Oh man not good. :(

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Morenita21, did you leave a review to reflect the poor quality of the stone and setting? I certainly would.

Morenita21

Brilliant_Rock
sad :(( what is the name of the company again?

Carob Jewels on EBay. They are in India. Generally, all those companies shipping or making moissanite in India are not the greatest. I definitely recommend Tianyu or Starsgem from China.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn’t. I always feel bad doing that. But they kept hounding me with emails to leave a positive review.

Ugh, that is totally against Etsy's policies and considered spam.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results