shape
carat
color
clarity

MOH - *too* different?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
i'm having four attendants - my sister (MOH), FI's sister, my cousin and one friend. all the girls picked their own (different) dresses in the same color (dark red), except my sister's will be in black. since they all have different dresses i thought it would be nice to tie them together with the same necklace. So i bought four black pendants that worked perfectly - until i lost one. no problem! i'll have my sister wear a different necklace. she's the MOH after all. then i went to pick out lanterns for them to carry and i found four perfect ones, but when i got them home i broke one of them. hmm... okay...i'll just have my sister carry a bouquet, right?

so will it look bad if my sister has a different dress, in a different color, with a different necklace, and a bouquet instead of a lantern? i know that the MOH is supposed to stand out, but is this too much? i'm fully aware that this is really a trivial non-issue, but i'm just curious if you think it would be worth the extra effort to try to reorder a new necklace (they were all out last time) or go back and get another lantern (about an hour drive). thanks!

ETA: the little circle by the topic line was supposed to be a question mark, not an exclamation mark. i feel silly.

SanchezVVV

Rough_Rock
I think your MOH should have some elements of the bridesmaids. I think the necklace or the latern or both would do the trick... I really like the latern idea! I know it''s a pain, but IMHO it would look most cohesive.

Although, if the bestman is significantly different from the groomsmen, it might not matter as much.

Just my two cents. Good luck!

Laurie2

Shiny_Rock
I''d love to see a picture of the lantern if you have one.

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
thanks sanchez - i guess i''ll probably try and find another necklace like the other girls. it''d be easier than making that drive again! i agree that there should be some sort of cohesion between all of them.

laurie, sorry, i don''t have any picture of the lanterns right now! my camera has been MIA for a couple of months (
7.gif
) but as soon as i find it i''ll post them (i have other things i want to post pics of too, like my wedding band!!)

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
I think the necklace being different is ok, but I do think she should carry a lantern. WHat a neat idea by the way!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results