shape
carat
color
clarity

Modified my Miele vacuum to use less vacuum bags

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
In honor of all the pet lovers and vacuum questions, I wanted to share my newly modified Miele vacuum story. I’ve had a Miele Solaris for about 5 or 6 years but hated the air driven turbo brush because it never picked up the dog fur from my carpets. I also hated buying all the bags for it. Grrrr.

I recently upgraded to a large electric powerhead which has made a world of difference!
36.gif
It now gets out the pet fur from my carpets. But the best part is that I chose the wand with the electric cord outside the stick (instead of the stick with the cord hidden inside the wand) which allows me to use this nifty bypass cyclone filter that catches the dog fur and bigger dust particles thus prolonging the use of those expensive Miele bags!

If you have severe allergies, this may not be your best option, but if you can handle dumping out the canisters of a bagless, this is a great option, and Mieles are safer on wool/silk/Persian rugs than Dysons as I’ve been told. The cyclone bypass filters are made for Samsung vacuums, but my vacuum guy discovered that it fit these, and told me not to tell anybody that he sold it to me – as Miele likes to sell bags, but if I’m going bag-free at the grocery store, why can’t we go bag free with the vacuums? Just had to share. I was about to sell my Miele before I found this solution. It’s made the pet hair problem so much easier for me and will save me loads on vacuum bags during shedding season (which seems to be year round with my dogs).

Oops! Sorry about that sideways shot. I'll try to rotate it in another post.
41.gif

miele_cyclone1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results