shape
carat
color
clarity

Modernsparkler''s Invitations!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock
First, here are the envelopes FI did ALL of the calligraphy for!

ty calligraphy.jpg

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock
A first look as it comes out of the envelope

our invites1.JPG

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock
How it will look inside

our invites 2.JPG

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock
the actual inside of the invite

our invites 4 ed.jpg

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock
and lastly, the reply cards!

We plan to carry that M through our decor on the programs, our cake topper, favor boxes, etc.

our invites 6.JPG

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock
I decided while I am at it to post a few pictures of the guestbook we made using blurb with our e-pics!

guestbook best.JPG

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock
one of the photo pages inside

guestbook inside.JPG

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful invites and your guestbook is so beautiful I love it - you guys make a cute couple :D.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! What elegant invitations and your photo book is adorable! I am really loving all of these DIY guestbooks that people are making with the photo sites out there.

Did you DIY your invitations?

If so, can you share what materials you used and where you got them? Anything you learned that was a good thing to do or not do along the way? Would you mind posting a link to this thread in The Big DIY Thread stickied to the top of BWW?

I am eo envious of your FI''s caligraphy skills! I am trying to teach myself right now. I have a long way to go to reach his talent.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
beautiful invitations - wow!

Mediterranean

Brilliant_Rock
These are beautiful! The thing I love most is the way the textures play off each other, especially the way the pearlized card and the tissue insert contrast. It''s very elegant and also soft and romantic. The monogram is a nice touch. I''m liking those more and more---monogram details are very cool because to me, they feel modern without looking "trendy."

I can''t BELIEVE you got your FI to do all that calligraphy!!!!! It came out great, can we clone his drawing hand?

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 12:25:28 PM
Author: Clairitek
Gorgeous! What elegant invitations and your photo book is adorable! I am really loving all of these DIY guestbooks that people are making with the photo sites out there.

Did you DIY your invitations?

If so, can you share what materials you used and where you got them? Anything you learned that was a good thing to do or not do along the way? Would you mind posting a link to this thread in The Big DIY Thread stickied to the top of BWW?

I am eo envious of your FI''s caligraphy skills! I am trying to teach myself right now. I have a long way to go to reach his talent.
Thanks Clairitek!

I would say are invites are partially DIY! We ordered all of the paper from a local invitation store and they all came from the ENVELOPEMENTS company. Then they shipped the materials to William Arthur for thermography printing. Then, we got all of the separate pieces to glue together!!! I would say that the best stuff for attaching the papers is the rolling tape/glue- the kind where you can buy refills because we went through A LOT!! It was totally worth it though because they were going to charge us $400 for assembly. A few hours in front of the TV and they were done and we saved some $$! We have actually quite a few more DIY projects I will post as they get completed.

As for the calligraphy, I too am so impressed with FI. He actually learned in high school and then picked a font he liked online. On every invite he lined the envelopes with pencil, then did the names in pencil, then went over them in ink and erased the lines. He also always had the paper with the letters in front of him too. So time consuming but worth it :)

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
So cute! I can''t believe FI did all the calligraphy! Looks great and I LOVE the guestbook. :)

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 12:44:55 PM
Author: Mediterranean
These are beautiful! The thing I love most is the way the textures play off each other, especially the way the pearlized card and the tissue insert contrast. It''s very elegant and also soft and romantic. The monogram is a nice touch. I''m liking those more and more---monogram details are very cool because to me, they feel modern without looking ''trendy.''

I can''t BELIEVE you got your FI to do all that calligraphy!!!!! It came out great, can we clone his drawing hand?
Thanks Mediterranean! We actually got our monogram from the M on our wedding website.

haha... if only I could clone that hand :) He has done so much work and he still has about 80 more placecards to go :) He is also so modest about it but I am hoping to throw it in a speech or something at the wedding so everyone knows how much work he has done.

Mediterranean

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 12:49:36 PM
Author: modernsparkler
Date: 3/7/2009 12:44:55 PM

He has done so much work and he still has about 80 more placecards to go :) He is also so modest about it but I am hoping to throw it in a speech or something at the wedding so everyone knows how much work he has done.

AND the placecards???????? He''s a keeper
9.gif
9.gif

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE your guestbook, and your invites are great too!

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks!!! I am so excited. We are sending them out in just a few weeks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results