shape
carat
color
clarity

MOB/MOG Dress Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Hey ladies- I''d love to see what the special women in your life are wearing for your wedding! Did you help pick it out or did M/FMIL shop on their own? Did your mom and FMIL coordinate or are they doing their own thing? Even feel free to post what Grandmas are wearing on your big day!
1.gif

My mom is wearing this Jade (by Jasmine bridal) dress in a greenish color

7307_3_262.jpg

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
FMIL is wearing something like this... Red, a bit clingy... I''m not certain that I LOVE the idea (for a wedding, anyway...) but I won''t let it bug me
1.gif
If ya got it, flaunt it, right?

11292-999728-d.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not getting married (been married for 10 years) but, I just wanted to say that that is a beautiful dress! I bet she looks stunning in
it! Do you know what your MOG is wearing?

EDIT - I guess I should have waited until you were done
2.gif
. I always expect Mom's dresses to be a little conservative. Your FMIL
dress is not...but its still a pretty dress (not as nice as your Mom's though
1.gif
)

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
My mom wore a long blue dress with a sheer jacket with tiny beading on it. I helped her pick it out. we had a lot of fun shopping for it and we even got advice from strangers.

The funny thing is my MIL also wore the same color dress! They were also the same material---so it was nice that everyone coordinated without even talking to each other!

charbie

Ideal_Rock
MOG dress

i didn''t help her pick it out, but i really like it. she got it in silver, it has the bolero to go with it, and looks very nice on her. FMIL is about 6'' tall (seriously! very tall woman!) with red hair- it looks great on her!

charbie

Ideal_Rock
i can''t find my mom''s dress online anymore! grrr...i''ll have to keep looking!

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
tyty: Thanks! It looks really elegant and she said it''s quite comfortable. My wedding is pretty close- less than three months out- and all bridal shops kept saying she needed to do a rush order... But this tiny, tiny bridal salon on our home town pulled out this dress that another woman had ordered for a wedding that was later called-off: it was my mom''s size and in a color she liked. Voila! Instant MOB dress!

Tao: The dress sounds lovely! How nice that they coordinated!

Charbie: That silver dress is lovely. She''ll look stunning! My mom tried on some dresses like that but the ruffles overwhelmed her 5''1 frame. Can''t wait to see your mom''s dress!!

Anyone else surprised at how much MOB/MOG dresses can cost? The "Big, Well-known, MASSIVE Bridal Store" where my mom lives (NE Ohio, for any Ohioans) has TONS of MOB dresses in the $600-800 range.
22.gif
22.gif
22.gif
32.gif
32.gif
6.gif

charbie

Ideal_Rock
you''re not talking about a store in sharon, PA are you? my mom lives in NE ohio- we couldn''t find anything suitable. my mom is average height (5''5) and the dresses all seemed to short! if she put on heels, forget about it!

she ended up w/ a dress from nordies, and then i found it at von maur for 1/2 off- $90!!!

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Nope, not Sharon, but I know what store you''re talking about! I grew up listening to radio commercials for that store and will never forget the theme song/tag line/whatever you want to call it. "The Wiiiiiiinnnnnnner!" I''m referring to one in Strongsville, Ohio
1.gif

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/20/2009 12:38:18 PM
Author: PilsnPinkysMom
Nope, not Sharon, but I know what store you''re talking about! I grew up listening to radio commercials for that store and will never forget the theme song/tag line/whatever you want to call it. ''The Wiiiiiiinnnnnnner!'' I''m referring to one in Strongsville, Ohio
1.gif
YES! We went there- they had tons of cute dresses. My mom''s biggest thing is that she didn''t want a real "MOB" dress that made her look matronly. She wanted something hot. But that''s where all of the short dresses were.

I know the Strongsville place you are referring to- I actually went there to look for my wedding gown. They had a ton of dresses, but like you said- I think it is all WAY overpriced there. And we got no help from anyone- it was a mess.

I''m from Olmsted Falls originally- small world!

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
I'm originally from North Royalton!
1.gif

I love, love, love Grand Pacific Junction in Olmsted Falls! I used to go there as a kid and walk through all the fun little shops... In the past couple of years I know that many of those stores have been hit hard and aren't so successful. I actually looked into a wedding at the wedding chapel and hotel but they just didn't suit us well enough.

You may have posted this before, but are you getting married in Ohio? I don't live there anymore, but we're traveling back to Cleveland for our wedding- Windows on the River in the (creepy, old, downtrodden, homeless-filled) Flats
9.gif
It will be lovely, I'm sure, with all the empty, abandoned warehouses and such. Can't wait
2.gif

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/20/2009 2:06:44 PM
I''m originally from North Royalton!
1.gif

I love, love, love Grand Pacific Junction in Olmsted Falls! I used to go there as a kid and walk through all the fun little shops... In the past couple of years I know that many of those stores have been hit hard and aren''t so successful. I actually looked into a wedding at the wedding chapel and hotel but they just didn''t suit us well enough.

You may have posted this before, but are you getting married in Ohio? I don''t live there anymore, but we''re traveling back to Cleveland for our wedding- Windows on the River in the (creepy, old, downtrodden, homeless-filled) Flats
9.gif
It will be lovely, I''m sure, with all the empty, abandoned warehouses and such. Can''t wait
2.gif
We''ve threadjacked this
38.gif
38.gif
Hahaha. Yes- I''m getting married in Columbus at The Columbus Athenaeum. It is smack in the middle of downtown Columbus. We live there now and it is the meeting place between Cleveland and Cinci, where FI''s family/friends live.

I L
30.gif
VE Windows on the River- oh that''s going to be BEAUTIFUL! My mom always envisioned one of us (i have 2 sisters) getting married at the Chapel, having our reception at the Grand Pacific Junction Hotel- it really is nice. But it''s too small for us, and way too far for FI''s family. I love the old feel of the junction- I haven''t been back in a number of years but they had such nice cute shops.

Where do you live now?

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
East Side Clevelander here. :)

My mother hasn''t quite fixed on what she wants to wear but she really liked this, so I think I have a foreshadowing of things to come.
5.gif

MOB - Alexis Georgio Gold.jpg

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
My mom wore Watters 9423 in Meadow. I thought that she looked great!

Morgie Mom.jpg

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
My mom is wearing this: http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=331767&CategoryID=35255 She had it altered so the skirt is more tea length instead of the awkward length it is in the picture.

I honestly don't know what FMIL is doing! She bought one dress and said she hated it (I feel like tailoring would've helped, but she was upset and didn't want to wear it). So now I guess she has another dress? I have no idea! I guess it'll be a surprise.

ETA: My mom picked her dress out herself, but sent me the link before she got it. She also got this gold-ish suit thing (with a skirt) initially, but decided to wear the brown dress instead. I think she's gonna wear the suit to the rehearsal dinner.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Charbie: Oooh! I love Columbus- two of my bridesmaids live there currently. All of them (literally ALL of them) went to school at OSU. I was pretty much the only gal out of my high school friends (give or take 4 or so- a few went to Kent and one to Miami) that didn''t become a Buckeye. I currently live in Colorado and have been here for 1 year, 3 months. FI got a job here (He''s originally from PA but we went to school together in Ohio) and I applied to grad school- and voila! I miss Ohio a lot of the time, though- espeically during the fall! Nothing beats Ohio during October/November. It''s just GORGEOUS- espeically rural areas-- Medina County and parts of Lorain County.. and even Lake County (the rolling hills part, like Kirtland).

TS: Ahhh! That dress is stunning
30.gif
Your mom has great taste! East Cleveland, eh? Like- East Cleveland-East Cleveland orrr suburb east of Cleveland? My mom works IN East Cleveland on St. Clair, and I always laugh when people talk about "Ohhhh East Cleveland is sooo scary and unsafe." Well, it''s not exactly Pleasantville, but there are far worse places to live
1.gif
But if you mean Beachwood-ish area, of course, that''s a great place to live, too
9.gif

Morgie: That''s the pretty, classic MOB style that I really like. Your mom looked fab!! That color reminds me of the color of my mom''s dress. I love neutral greens!

Elrohwen: Very pretty, too! Did she find it at the store or just order it offline? Our local Macy''s didn''t have a very great in-store selection, but the online catalogue definitely did. I hear you on the FMIL surprise... We shall see...
5.gif

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/21/2009 4:09:58 PM
Elrohwen: Very pretty, too! Did she find it at the store or just order it offline? Our local Macy''s didn''t have a very great in-store selection, but the online catalogue definitely did. I hear you on the FMIL surprise... We shall see...
5.gif
My mom found hers online. It''s so convenient when you can just return things to the store.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
this is what my mom is wearing for the wedding :) i think it will look great with the different shades of green we are having! she even picked out the flowers and colors for her wrist corsage :) she was very excited about that!

4838_93411947946_740482946_2098330_5235844_n.jpg

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I can''t find my mom''s dress online, but it''s this gorgeous satin charmeuse skirt with a lace camisole and jacket. The color is called toffee.
1.gif

FMIL is wearing this, it looks so cute on her!

_5837277.jpg

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/21/2009 4:09:58 PM
Charbie: Oooh! I love Columbus- two of my bridesmaids live there currently. All of them (literally ALL of them) went to school at OSU. I was pretty much the only gal out of my high school friends (give or take 4 or so- a few went to Kent and one to Miami) that didn''t become a Buckeye. I currently live in Colorado and have been here for 1 year, 3 months. FI got a job here (He''s originally from PA but we went to school together in Ohio) and I applied to grad school- and voila! I miss Ohio a lot of the time, though- espeically during the fall! Nothing beats Ohio during October/November. It''s just GORGEOUS- espeically rural areas-- Medina County and parts of Lorain County.. and even Lake County (the rolling hills part, like Kirtland).

TS: Ahhh! That dress is stunning
30.gif
Your mom has great taste! East Cleveland, eh? Like- East Cleveland-East Cleveland orrr suburb east of Cleveland? My mom works IN East Cleveland on St. Clair, and I always laugh when people talk about ''Ohhhh East Cleveland is sooo scary and unsafe.'' Well, it''s not exactly Pleasantville, but there are far worse places to live
1.gif
But if you mean Beachwood-ish area, of course, that''s a great place to live, too
9.gif

Morgie: That''s the pretty, classic MOB style that I really like. Your mom looked fab!! That color reminds me of the color of my mom''s dress. I love neutral greens!

5.gif
Thanks PilsnPinkysMom! She actually looks just like that model so I know it would look good on her if she got it. Mom is smokin'', unfortunately I took after my father.
2.gif

East-Side Cleveland, the Heights actually. Grew up in Geauga County though, out in the sticks so I still love the countryside and am planning my wedding in Kirtland. I know what you mean about people complaining about how dangerous the eastern part of Cleveland is...even in the Heights I get it from people. I''m like guys, there''s 3 cop cars on my street alone at any given time writing parking tickets, I have nothing to fear!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results