shape
carat
color
clarity

MOB and MOH dress

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jen2M

Rough_Rock
Hi Ladies,

I love reading everyone''s advice and I am so happy to be posting for the first time in BWW! My wonderful mom is going to be playing two roles at my wedding, my matron of honor and of course MOB. I am looking for a dress for her that will be a bit different then my bridesmaids but still complimenting them. I love this look and wanted to get your opinion on it.

http://www.barriepace.com/sale_dresses_formal/tadashi-bolero-gown/

the bridesmaids will most likely wear something like this:

http://www.chadwicks.com/clothing/Strapless-Ruched-Dress.aspx?PfId=168509&DeptId=8219&ProductTypeId=1&PurchaseType=0

We are getting married in December and my dress is ivory and has a bit of lace on it and my colors are champagne/golds and ivory.

Do you think this will work?

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/18/2009 9:41:17 PM
Author:jen2M
Hi Ladies,

I love reading everyone''s advice and I am so happy to be posting for the first time in BWW! My wonderful mom is going to be playing two roles at my wedding, my matron of honor and of course MOB. I am looking for a dress for her that will be a bit different then my bridesmaids but still complimenting them. I love this look and wanted to get your opinion on it.

http://www.barriepace.com/sale_dresses_formal/tadashi-bolero-gown/

the bridesmaids will most likely wear something like this:

http://www.chadwicks.com/clothing/Strapless-Ruched-Dress.aspx?PfId=168509&DeptId=8219&ProductTypeId=1&PurchaseType=0

We are getting married in December and my dress is ivory and has a bit of lace on it and my colors are champagne/golds and ivory.

Do you think this will work?

Absolutely! I think the style of dresses you''ve selected will look great together and will have a very cohesive look so no worries there. By the way, congrats on your engagement and welcome to BWW!

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Hi and welcome! How nice that you have such a great relationship with your mother!

I think they would both look good. I know that Tadashi is a really good brand...it was thrown out a lot when my mom was looking for a dress to wear to my wedding.

jen2M

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the thoughts and the welcomes!

Do you think there is any chance it could look too bridal? I don''t care- my mom could wear the same dress as me and I would be fine! :) I just want it to look appropriate.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful. I think that they work really well together. Not too bridal at all.

dboatsupreme

Rough_Rock
That''s awesome that your mom will be the matron of honor! How special. :) I personally like the classic look of the Chadwicks dress (since your mother will be wearing it) but I also really like the bolero of the Tadashi gown. I''m sure your mother will look wonderful!

dboatsupreme

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/18/2009 9:54:49 PM
Author: jen2M
Thanks for the thoughts and the welcomes!

Do you think there is any chance it could look too bridal? I don''t care- my mom could wear the same dress as me and I would be fine! :) I just want it to look appropriate.

To me, I think the Chadwicks one could look a bit bridal. The one with the bolero looks classy and different, I feel like. (I''m not a huge fan of sweetheart neckline, but I''m leaning more and more towards the bolero one, haha. Funny how that works.) :)

Inanna

Brilliant_Rock
The Tadashi dress is stunning! It would look perfect with those bridesmaid dresses. (And I also think it''s awesome that your mom is doubling as your MOH).

After talking to my mom about MOB dresses, I''ve discovered that she really has a problem with boleros - she thinks they''re too stereotypically "Mother of the Bride-y". Maybe that''s just my mom. I have to say that the Tadashi dress looks WONDERFUL both with and without the bolero!

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with Sparks, I don't think the dress you've selected for your mom is too bridal at all. I like it a lot and I think it'll be perfect!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Hi Jen! My Mom is also my MOH (it''s definitely cool! :) ), and we ended up just going with the same dress. I looked at a lot of photos..and I felt like aesthetically it looked better to have everyone in the same dress so we found a dress that complimented everyone. There are of course other ways to make your Mom stand out (in a good way) like special flowers, etc. My Mom''s going to have a slightly larger bouquet and flowers that match my Dad''s boutonniere and more of my flowers than the other BMs have. But that doesn''t mean you have to do that of course and I do like the dresses!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think these are gorgeous choices, and will look great together.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
That dress is stunning! I just love it and it''s wonderful that you have such a great relationship with your Mum!

jen2M

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for the kind words and advice! I am ordering both dresses and am going to see how they all look together. I think the colors of my dress and their dresses will all be very similar, but I like that look.

Thanks ladies!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results