shape
carat
color
clarity

Mmmmmm Cake!

A

Anonymous

Our baker is going to send us a sample cake for the holidays since we can't be there for a tasting. That's awesome, however I have NO idea where to start with flavor combinations! I think we should have a fruit flavored filling and also a non-fruit flavored but I don't know where to start. So, what's your favorite flavor combination? :lickout:

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Our favorite is lemon cake with lemon curd and buttercream frosting. This was really surprising as we were at a place that specializes in chocolates (they're known as a chocolatier) and thought we'd want most of the cake to be chocolate. But after tasting that lemon, we were hooked! (The other part of our cake will be chocolate with chocolate buttercream...classic but tasty.)

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
We went to a wedding where the cake was lemon flavored with a raspberry filling and it was AMAZING! I am not a "huge" lemon fan so I didn't think I would like it but it was wonderful...

I guess the general rule of thumb is that guests tend to eat more cake when the flavor is "light", think angel-food, white, lemon.. w/e... and eat less with more "rich" flavors like peanut butter, chocolate, red velvet. So you may want to keep that in mind when considering servings.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting

Lemon Cake with Raspberry Filling and Vanilla Buttercream

Hazelnut Cake or Vanilla Cake with Mocha Filling and Chocolate Buttercream

A

Anonymous

vc10um said:
Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting

Lemon Cake with Raspberry Filling and Vanilla Buttercream

Hazelnut Cake or Vanilla Cake with Mocha Filling and Chocolate Buttercream

I hadn't thought about lemon cake with raspberry, but with the majority of people suggesting it, and thinking about how light but yummy it'd be, this is def on my list to try now. Thanks! Also, Hazelnut cake with Mocha filling? Yum! Thanks for the suggestions ladies! :))

+1 to raspberry filling. There is a bakery in milwaukee that does cheesecake with a layer of raspberry filling in between the cheese and crust (which is actually not crust but a small layer of chocolate cake!). It is amazing!

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Vanilla cake with passion fruit and raspberry butter cream fillings

Chocolate cake with passion fruit and raspberry butter cream fillings (my fav)

Chocolate cake with peanut butter cream cheese filling and bananas. :lickout:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results