shape
carat
color
clarity

MMD for engagement ring: where to source?

veridot

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

My SO and I have decided to take the next step. Since we are tight on budget, we have decided to go through the lab diamond route for the engagement ring.

The question now is--where to source the lab diamond? I know Brilliant Earth is a popular source, AV has started a good range of labs, and LoveAffairDiamonds has started promoting Diamond Foundry stones. So far, I'm mostly drawn to the DF stones, but I wanted to get more educated opinion here on PS about the best place to get a lab.

We are mostly looking at H&A, which seem to be easier to find, and the main concern is light performance above anything else. I'm a huge fire nut, and would easily trade off size or colour to maximise cut/fire.

I'm not sure if I got across what I'm really looking for :lol-2: but tbh, any input would be much appreciated!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all,

My SO and I have decided to take the next step. Since we are tight on budget, we have decided to go through the lab diamond route for the engagement ring.

The question now is--where to source the lab diamond? I know Brilliant Earth is a popular source, AV has started a good range of labs, and LoveAffairDiamonds has started promoting Diamond Foundry stones. So far, I'm mostly drawn to the DF stones, but I wanted to get more educated opinion here on PS about the best place to get a lab.

We are mostly looking at H&A, which seem to be easier to find, and the main concern is light performance above anything else. I'm a huge fire nut, and would easily trade off size or colour to maximise cut/fire.

I'm not sure if I got across what I'm really looking for :lol-2: but tbh, any input would be much appreciated!
I would consider AV one of the best sources for these types of things. DO NOT buy from BE. There are tons of horror stories lately about their customer service and shady tactics. I wouldn't touch them with a 10 foot pole. I would look at the other vendors that have been recommended here as well. I know james allen started selling lab stones, but I can't speak to their quality.

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
If you are on a budget I would look at clean origin. I have never bought from them but they have some of the same diamonds as Brilliant Earth just 10-20% cheaper.

veridot

Rough_Rock
Thanks all for your input! I had no idea that BE had that kind of reputation. AV on the other hand sounds very trusted!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks all for your input! I had no idea that BE had that kind of reputation. AV on the other hand sounds very trusted!
Jon at AV is amazing. I called him and told him about what I wanted (and I wanted something pretty weird) and he had options for me within 24 hours.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results