shape
carat
color
clarity

Missing Registry Gifts?

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
I'm posting this in BWW since it sees a little more action than the Newlyweds forum. I know a lot of former brides check in here. Um, like me. :cheeky:

So, it's been over a month since the wedding and I occasionally stalk our gift registries online. We received the 10%-off coupons from the stores in the mail so I'm starting to make lists of all the things we want to buy and get the discount on.

I've noticed that there are a few gifts that say "purchased," but we never received them. Did that happen to anyone else? There are a couple things I saw that I really want, so I don't know if I should use the 10%-off coupon or wait it out. I wonder if someone picked out a gift for us on our registry and then decided they wanted to keep it for themselves? Or maybe someone purchased it, sent it, and it was lost or damaged in the mail. Maybe they'll think I'm a selfish beotch that never sent a thank you card for it.

Wouldn't that be really mean to do it on purpose? Say your arch nemesis was getting married, so you purchased one of their big-ticket items from their registry with no intent to give it to them? Then none of the other guests would buy it since it would be listed as "fulfilled." Ouch.

I'm just rambling now. But has that happened to anyone?

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would report your concern to the store. If it was purchased online and shipped, then it could have gotten lost in the mail. They can at least tell you that much. If it was purchased in person then I'd say just wait and see if it shows up. Sometimes, while someone might have purchased a gift before the wedding, it could take them awhile to ship it if they didn't attend in person. Maybe they're waiting to see you in person?

Another technique would be to check your guest list against your TY card list and see who you haven't received gifts from. Then after a few more weeks or months, approach them and let them know you're having issues with the mail and place you registered from and apologize for not sending a thank you note. They'll either look into the problem or give you the gift.

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
Well that is rather strange. I second HH and say call the store to see if it was shipped. If not and it was purchased in person, I wouldn't sweat it too much on the thank-you card front, since whomever it is will just receive one that doesn't reference their gift. It may even prompt them to reach out to you and ask if you received such-and-such. It may even be an error on the store's part, perhaps it was purchased and returned for something else and they never re-opened the item on the registry. I would not ask somebody if the gift they sent you was lost in the mail, as that will imply they were required to get you one in the first place. ;))

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
That happened for one small item for me. My friend eventually contacted me and said that they had bought 2 things online and had them shipped, but got notice that one of them was "undeliverable" and returned, and she was credited for it (it was a mirror iirc). She offered to purchase it again for me, but didn't want to risk getting it messed up in the mail again, and I never ended up buying it myself.

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock
This happened to us when I noticed after the wedding that we never received a bunch of serving dishes from one registry. So I went to the thank you notes section and found out who had bought it. I ended up calling the company and they tracked the package, it had gotten lost at the UPS terminal in Memphis and had been lost since April (this was July) so they filed a claim and reissued the gifts, which I got in about 3 days. You should probably call the store and find out if it was purchased online or in person. If online they can track it for you and reissue if they need to. We also has this happen on an Amazon gift that FedEx would not deliver (they never rang our bell even though we were home all 2 times), in the end they canceled the first order and shipped it via UPS the second time. Good luck!

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks ladies! I will give them a call to see if I can get any information. I didn't even think to do that!

Thanks again! (I really want that digital picture frame, dammit!) :cheeky:

andex23

Rough_Rock
Trade
I don't know where you registered but this happened to me from both Crate and Barrel and Macy's.

I called both places (because, really, registry stalking is lots of fun) and they were able to tell me if it was purchased online and who purchased it and where it was.... and if it was purchased at a store, and which store.

When I told them that I hadn't received _____ item, they were very quick to research and figure out what happened. They are no dummies, they know that you'll be spending lots of $$ with them in the future if they can help you out now.

If you get frustrated with it, go into the store. Chances are, the "registry" person will bend over backwards to help you.

Also, I found that when you return stuff, go to the registry person/department...you'll make sure that you get the full credit for what your gift was paid.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results