shape
carat
color
clarity

Missing boaters in FL

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
I just read that the search was called off. This story has really affected me (for some reason) since I first read about them early Sunday morning. It just makes me so sad - and I''m not normally that affected by random bad news.
8.gif

ice-queen

Shiny_Rock
This is so weird. I just said the exact same thing to my fiance about an hour ago- almost word for word.

I normally see some bad news on tv or in the paper and I may feel bad for the people involved, but I move on. But for some reason, I could not stop thinking about this. This whole situation makes me so sad and I can''t stop thinking about how scary the whole situation was for these men. Can you imagine being standed in the ocean...especially in the pitch dark, not knowing if you will ever be found, if anyone even knows you''re missing, if you will be eaten by a shark, etc. Or clinging onto the overtuned boat as you watch you close friends being swept away? I was deeply sad to read that the search had been called of for the other three, and my heart goes out to their families and friends.

My fiance thinks I was so affected because my parents are boaters...but I don''t know

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its terrible.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
It is just so sad. I feel really bad for their families that the search is called off.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I am incredibly sad for the families of the men still missing. I cannot imagine the heartache not knowing brings...and the fear of wondering what their last moments were like... Just absoutely horrifying.

I told my husband last night that what happened to those men is perhaps one of my greatest fears...I can''t watch movies like Open Water for that reason. I am honestly terrified just thinking about it...and IMHO the only thing worse than it happening to me, would be if it happened to my husband.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
It is sad. My heart goes out to their families.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 1:05:41 AM
Author:LAJennifer
I just read that the search was called off. This story has really affected me (for some reason) since I first read about them early Sunday morning. It just makes me so sad - and I''m not normally that affected by random bad news.
8.gif
It is very sad; I feel the same way.
15.gif

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
It''s very sad, and it hits home for me as well being a boater in Fl. My heart does go out to all of them and their families and friends.
I have to wonder what on earth they were doing out there anyway. Our boat is considerably larger than that for a center console and we would never!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Terribly sad. I just heard tonight that two of the guys gave up and just took off their life jackets and drifted away. The other apparently thought he saw help coming and threw away the cushion he was holding and started swimming, probably delusional at that point. It''s really amazing the one guy made it.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
This breaks my heart.... What a terrible way to go!!!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Such a sad story! I was just sick when I first heard about it.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What happened is so sad. I feel so sorry for their families and friends. I am upset thinking about what they must have gone through...

InLuv101

Brilliant_Rock
Just an awful way to live the last hours of you life. This story really affected me too even though I''m not familar with these men as NFL players. I pray that their families can find peace.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
It is horribly sad.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Has anyone else been following the developments?

The sole survior is saying that the men not at the boat more or less all gave up hope, removed their jackets and drifted away. One man did try to swim for it but without a lifevest.

It''s so tragically sad. What an awful feeling.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/5/2009 10:25:15 AM
Author: Italiahaircolor
Has anyone else been following the developments?

The sole survior is saying that the men not at the boat more or less all gave up hope, removed their jackets and drifted away. One man did try to swim for it but without a lifevest.

It''s so tragically sad. What an awful feeling.

Oh my....
7.gif

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
It''s so sad. I feel terrible for their families. I also feel horrible for the sole survivor. He will be affected by the loss of his friends for the rest of his life. It''s so hard to imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results